Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

Also, Wallace seems to suggest that Deckard is a replicant, but doesn’t prove it—now, he might have his reasons for just suggesting it and trying to use Deckard’s doubt for some purpose, I can accept that even if I have my issues with Wallace as a character (he seems to do some sinister poo poo just to be sinister), but K went to a retirement home and talked to Gaff, and the first movie suggested that Gaff knew the answer, and you’d think that Wallace would be interested in talking to Gaff too.

why do you feel a movie needs to tell you everything rather then letting you come up with your own conclusions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

exmarx posted:

im reading it now

finished it, it's good

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

mandatory lesbian posted:

why do you feel a movie needs to tell you everything rather then letting you come up with your own conclusions

Because I’m not asking the question myself, I’m pointing out that certain characters’ actions don’t make sense. My own conclusions don’t matter in this instance.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Cool Bear posted:

what if a democracy wants Stalin?

Landwehrkanal. :colbert:

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
how did the batman get back to new york with no money or equipment

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i had forgotten how it feels to fill my lungs with the holy spirit

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the gently caress is it with car enthusiasts and vehement hatred of consumer reports

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

the old ceremony posted:

Are you watching DKR high? Does that make it good?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the gently caress is it with car enthusiasts and vehement hatred of consumer reports
My guess is because consumer reports favors lame/popular/reliable cars and not the particular car the enthusiast is into. Not a lot of car enthusiasts love Camrys.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
http://www.dw.com/en/nato-report-casts-doubt-on-ability-to-defend-against-russian-attack-on-eastern-flank/a-41058743

I am excited for our benevolent Russian overlords.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

the old ceremony posted:

Batman is in Turkey

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

pangstrom posted:

My guess is because consumer reports favors lame/popular/reliable cars and not the particular car the enthusiast is into. Not a lot of car enthusiasts love Camrys.

that's part of it but they work themselves into knots attacking their methodology or claiming the fact they don't take advertising or accept free test models from manufacturers creates a bias

it's crazy and nobody else immediately loses their poo poo like that

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I've decided that I'm now going to justify never watching any comic book movie ever by saying that I am boycotting them until I get a crossover film where Batman gets warped into the Batboy universe, and the two have to team up to foil a terrorist plot orchestrated by Osama bin laden, who faked his own death and has since been photographed living in a nudist colony in Australia.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 21, 2017

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well that and because they've been run into the ground and consumers should not reward unoriginal formulaic thinking.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Volkerball posted:

Well that and because they've been run into the ground and consumers should not reward unoriginal formulaic thinking.

And yet you bought Fallout 4.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ok now you got me

Randler posted:

And yet you listen to Rammstein.

Rammstein invented exploding fireball baby dolls with laser beam eyes, which is pretty much the most innovative introduction into rock and roll since the guitar.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 21, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
what we need is a batman/quantum leap crossover

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

that's part of it but they work themselves into knots attacking their methodology or claiming the fact they don't take advertising or accept free test models from manufacturers creates a bias

Maybe it's akin to bodybuilders going nuts about BMI because it gives them an opening to talk about their body and bodybuilding.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

Because I’m not asking the question myself, I’m pointing out that certain characters’ actions don’t make sense. My own conclusions don’t matter in this instance.

people arent rational actors, there i answered your question

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

mandatory lesbian posted:

people arent rational actors, there i answered your question

That’s true, people don’t do things that make sense, but people generally tend to do things that make sense to them, even if they don’t make sense to me, and I reserve the right to be confused when people do things that don’t make sense to them.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Local news reported something about Trump passing something related to his planned tax cuts. At the end, they shortly pointed out that now the Republicans only need 51 instead of 60 votes (out of 100) to pass tax laws in the Senate.

I haven't found anything decent online on that, could somebody point me in the right direction? Because it seems odd to me that you could lower the majority required while not having that majority in the first place.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Randler posted:

Local news reported something about Trump passing something related to his planned tax cuts. At the end, they shortly pointed out that now the Republicans only need 51 instead of 60 votes (out of 100) to pass tax laws in the Senate.

I haven't found anything decent online on that, could somebody point me in the right direction? Because it seems odd to me that you could lower the majority required while not having that majority in the first place.

Basically there are special rules they're using that let them do 51 votes for certain things:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconciliation_(United_States_Congress)

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
https://i.imgur.com/LEc75cN.gifv

ass struggle fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 21, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

That one owns because the main TPUSA branch had to write a press release saying that wearing diapers isn't part of their platform

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Randler posted:

And yet you bought Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 is much worse than Dark Knight Rises

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

at the local comic con because I am a massive nerd, and Billy Dee Williams just asked if Michigan was on the east coast

I blame glowing-fish

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Gotta stop pulling all nighters

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

ArfJason posted:

Gotta stop pulling all nighters

yeah, they wreck you and actually take a while to recover from

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

60 was never actually the majority needed for passing legislation in a strict sense, but simply required as a matter of senate rules to end a filibuster

The much alluded to 'nuclear option' is that it would be possible to remove the filibuster entirely with 51 votes at any time because its simply a matter of changing internal rules of the senate

The Senate majority doesn't do this because at least ten of them actually want all the nonsense to fail while being able to pretend they support it to keep winning elections

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

exmarx posted:

gently caress you

A lot of people who feed birds give em things like bread which arent nutritious for them to eat. Its best for them to feed them greens, or if using a feeder, nuts and certain seeds (dont know if it would be sunflowers there) or fruit or suet

Wanna give em the kinds of things theyd get in natute instead of empty calories

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

consumer reports won't praise you for buying a mustang over a camaro for your mid life crisis mobile, or vice versa. therefore car enthusiasts hate it.

audiophiles do, when cr tests audio equipment

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm watch semi-pro wrestling. Is this what I have become. :ohdear:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I'm watch semi-pro wrestling. Is this what I have become. :ohdear:

your grammar is already degrading to typical of american wrestling fans

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Both my written English and my typing skills have noticeably degraded during the last few months due to lack of practise as well as care. :shrug:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Both my written English and my typing skills have noticeably degraded during the last few months due to lack of practise as well as care. :shrug:

that wasn't a serious post randler, i just couldn't make "hi watch im kals" work

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
omg im about to be forced to go to the cheesecake factory

brace me for the culture shock

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
kal has actually gotten better, he's conjugating verbs more

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

rear end struggle posted:

kal has actually gotten better, he's conjugating verbs more

not that ive noticed at least, also wow rude

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/921716470140325889
!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

cinci zoo sniper posted:

not that ive noticed at least, also wow rude

your aspect has gotten a lot better like a year ago you did that a lot of ESL people do where they just use perfective

• Locked thread