Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

You see, if the army keeps its grunts permanently pissed off and in a murderous rage, they kill better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I love cock salad!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The only thing more delicious, IMO, than SGM/CSM hatred is when some LT freaks out about it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Mustang I want you to know I forward your whiny posts to HCT since he's banned and can't read this thread anymore. He and I have a feeling you'll stay in until retirement.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Mustang I want you to know I forward your whiny posts to HCT since he's banned and can't read this thread anymore. He and I have a feeling you'll stay in until retirement.

Goddamn I think that's the meanest thing I've seen written on this forum.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I would love to be proven wrong

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
There’s no way I can stay in until retirement because I’ll be passed over for promotion before then

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mustang posted:

There’s no way I can stay in until retirement because I’ll be passed over for promotion before then

I wonder if anyone's been passed over for retirement

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Plate carriers are issued now, I got one (soldier plate carrier system, we used the chest rig portion by itself to jump in with 3 mags for combat jumps) for our Afghanistan deployment we never went on in 2013 and my unit went to Iraq just after I got out in 2014 to train the Iraqi Army and they all used their Afghanistan RFI. Dudes being forced to use IOTVs in 2017 is just lol

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Does it suck wearing a IOTV while inside a Stryker? Yes it does. Makes perfect sense why a CSM would want you to wear it. Taking care of soldiers hooah!

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Forgive the facebook post, but (from a firefighter), this seems Army as gently caress.

https://www.facebook.com/Reckless.AK/posts/10207644526031450

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

That dude works at JBLM just like myself and a few other dudes here do

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Mustang, if you saw your CSM out drinking and he was about to get his rear end kicked and he knew you were at the bar, would you step in and help him out in a fight? Like, he starts to call your name as he realizes he's gonna get his poo poo pushed in and his eyes are locked with yours - do you meet his gaze and keep drinking? Do you laugh and shrug and pretend you don't know him? Do you get up and get your rear end kicked with him because he's a fellow soldier? How much hatred do you feel for this man?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Woof Blitzer posted:

What happens when you go beyond stage three...

You get out.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

windshipper posted:

Forgive the facebook post, but (from a firefighter), this seems Army as gently caress.

https://www.facebook.com/Reckless.AK/posts/10207644526031450

How the gently caress does anyone NOT IMMEDIATELY DEMAND A RIDE ON THE FIRE TRUCK??

Like why are they upset at all?

Let's go to the loving lake IN THE FIRE TRUCK

Let's go to the loving bar IN THE FOR TRUCK

LET'S loving RIDE THIS FIRE TRUCK.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ghostride the whip

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Wasabi the J posted:

How the gently caress does anyone NOT IMMEDIATELY DEMAND A RIDE ON THE FIRE TRUCK??

Like why are they upset at all?

Let's go to the loving lake IN THE FIRE TRUCK

Let's go to the loving bar IN THE FOR TRUCK

LET'S loving RIDE THIS FIRE TRUCK.

Right!? I especially like the end “You can’t buy a fire truck!”

:shrug:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Plenty of armies don’t have CSM equivalents.

My CSMs are cool, and don’t really whine about hair or uniform. BN CsM doesn’t even care about rolled sleeves in october.

The trio of Commander, XO, and CSM in lots of places is instead Commander, 2IC, and Adjutant Officer and the regimental sergeant major is in an ops or training role.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 21, 2017

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I don't want to sound spiteful, but I'm kind of looking forward to you going through the same thing that Mustang is.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Going to a traditional chocolate festival in downtown Vicenza right now with my wife.
Army owns.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Soon

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
You have no idea what you are in for first change of command

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I did a change of command couple months ago. It was just two weeks of layout. It wasn’t terrible.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Soulex posted:

Right!? I especially like the end “You can’t buy a fire truck!”

:shrug:

See that's the funny part... Lots of departments sell fire trucks. They get surplused, same as military stuff does, and sold off publically for other departments to buy (or private individuals).

Example - http://www.dailydispatch.com/assets/dept_1/pm/pdf/8%2024%202017%202008%20ford%20f550%20sale.pdf

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

I did a change of command couple months ago. It was just two weeks of layout. It wasn’t terrible.

That’s company level. Wait until Bn or Bde, and the real fun can start.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh wow Vicenza oh so cool oh man that's awesome *faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt*

Why the gently caress are you anywhere near Vicenza on a weekend? Go travel! Get the gently caress out of Italy and away from the army on your weekends.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Yeah go see some place like Finland or something geez.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I'm doing a Vicenza museum crawl, I got like 22 museums left that I can visit for free on this ticket that I bought at one museum. A single ticket will get you to any public museum for a year so imma check em all off within the next weeks.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

I wanna know what the rationale behind pushing IOTVs over plate carriers are beyond "they got big kevlar inserts so they're safer". Troop mobility is equally as important for survivability. Makes as much sense as forcing everyone to wear elbow pads because it's better to be safe than risk people hurting their drat elbows.

How many of you guys got shot anywhere other than the plates?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Several people I know got shot in the arms and/or legs, which oddly seemed more prevalent.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
IOTVs are better at shrapnel protection. I understood that they were largely phased out in favor of plate carriers because IEDs/EFPs got so dangerous that even with those fuckers you would get minced, and plate carriers protected your gooey insides which was the only "critical" part. So you might as well be more mobile.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
So it looks like I'm calling that colonel at HRC on Monday. The only call I got yesterday was from the casualty assistance center at Meade that I had the complaints about.

Apparently they got a call from higher up and were under the impression I was contacting people because I'm still waiting on my benefits.

So clearly someone somewhere hosed up. And instead of hearing from the dude in charge of the civilian CAC chucklefucks (... man, we re-use a lot of acronyms), I got a call from someone in the office I had already made an IG complaint about. Over a year after the fact.

Well done, Army.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

On my 6th hour of mandatory briefs today and still going. This is the most boring drill I've been to in 12 years and that includes the ones I slept through cause I had nothing to do.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Being 6'5

IOTV was a game changer, I think people felt bad for me as I got it first. But what people do not loving get it was an issue with how high it sat. Paying for it dearly to this day man, they were no better.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Vahakyla has the right idea. Get in all of Vicenza now while he can before there's a change at BDE that turns it all to poo poo. Then he still has Germany/Austria/France to visit to keep himself sane and far away from the silliness.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Are plate carriers getting issued now or is this just guys buying their own poo poo?

There's a place by Carson that gives you a free plate carrier if you buy a certain dollar amount of items. It's a great deal, but now we can't wear them.

The only people I know with issued plate carriers are guys who worked at a division because of course those fuckers need plate carriers.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Several people I know got shot in the arms and/or legs, which oddly seemed more prevalent.

I saw 3 people get shot directly in the front plate and suffer 0 injuries. It sucks to lug it around, but it'll stop an AK round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

weekly safety brief:

gently caress the army forever

that is all