Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I remember Raging Speedhorn being compared to Iron Monkey back when I listened to them, but that was when I was a teenager with questionable taste so I don't know if they were actually any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

nerve posted:

ooh share all these weedeater ripoffs i might not know them all

well, poo poo like belzebong, weedpecker, dopelord etc.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Dyna Soar posted:

well, poo poo like belzebong, weedpecker, dopelord etc.

slowjoint is the best one

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

yoober posted:

slowjoint is the best one

the whole stoner sludge thing is honestly turning into a big inside joke like all those dis- bands in hardcore.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My new band Disjoint is stoner d-beat :v:

E- every position is open, pm me to apply

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dyna Soar posted:

the whole stoner sludge thing is honestly turning into a big inside joke like all those dis- bands in hardcore.

It’s real embarrassing and bad

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As4qhtaoGwk

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
It Was The Elf "Fire Green" (New Full Album) 2016 Heavy/Stoner Rock

Dope Smoker - Marijuana (2016) (New Full Album)

Bong Of Cthulhu - Bong Of Cthulhu (2015) (New Debut Full Album)

Green Yeti - The Yeti Has Landed (2016) (New Full Album)

King Weed - Smoking Land (2017) (New Full Album)

Holyweed - Tales Of The Stoned (2017) (New Full Album)

Stoned Karma - Soul Trip Ecstacy (2017) (New Full Album) (Instrumental Stoner Rock)

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
T'was the elf who ate all the weed

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dyna Soar posted:

It Was The Elf "Fire Green" (New Full Album) 2016 Heavy/Stoner Rock

Dope Smoker - Marijuana (2016) (New Full Album)

Bong Of Cthulhu - Bong Of Cthulhu (2015) (New Debut Full Album)

Green Yeti - The Yeti Has Landed (2016) (New Full Album)

King Weed - Smoking Land (2017) (New Full Album)

Holyweed - Tales Of The Stoned (2017) (New Full Album)

Stoned Karma - Soul Trip Ecstacy (2017) (New Full Album) (Instrumental Stoner Rock)

Where’s Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard and Bong Mountain?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Dyna Soar posted:

It's been like that for years

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Kilometers Davis posted:

It’s real embarrassing and bad

Kilometers Davis posted:

Babymetal are really good in general

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

il_cornuto posted:

I remember Raging Speedhorn being compared to Iron Monkey back when I listened to them, but that was when I was a teenager with questionable taste so I don't know if they were actually any good.

I really liked them and still listen to the first two albums on occasion. Never heard their later stuff, I should probably give it a listen some time.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I still think Agoraphobic Nosebleed’s EP from last year is one of the best sludge releases in years

Yeah it was really good. Pig Destroyer's single foray into doom (Natasha) is not as good but also pretty decent.

e: Actually just listened to Natasha and I was wrong, it's bad. I saw them play it live and that was good though.

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 22, 2017

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Babymetal is infinitely better and more creative than Weedgoliath #538384

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I dunno, marijuana is a pretty good drug so I like when bands name themselves for it.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Astonishingly enough, according to metal-archives there is no band called simply Marijuana

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

skasion posted:

Astonishingly enough, according to metal-archives there is no band called simply Marijuana

There's an indie rock band named Weed though

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

lol

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Snowy posted:

Subrosa also just opened up for wovenhand, looks like they're pretty bus my with the shows. I'm also lukewarm on the recorded stuff but now I'm wishing I went to that wovenhand show.

I'm always a million years behind the trends, and so just got in to Subrosa. Absolutely adore their sound.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Conan just announced recording new album tp be released April 2018.

Probably going to be a short album, unless they started drum tracking two years ago.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm listening to the new Bell Witch and I'm not even that far into it but the drums on this thing are loving impeccable :stwoon:

e: Actually, the mixing/recording quality on this entire thing is insane. The bass sounds fuller and thicker than on a lot of albums I've heard.

It's also pretty slow-moving so you get ample time to appreciate it.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Oct 22, 2017

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm listening to the new Bell Witch and I'm not even that far into it but the drums on this thing are loving impeccable :stwoon:

e: Actually, the mixing/recording quality on this entire thing is insane. The bass sounds fuller and thicker than on a lot of albums I've heard.

It's also pretty slow-moving so you get ample time to appreciate it.

I think I've listened through like 4 times now. Its really goddamned good. Hopefully I get to see them with Primitive Man in Columbus. 3h drive and a day off work to pull that off.

Also it has nothing to do with weed, which is always a nice change of pace for the doomthread.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I am enjoying the new Iron Monkey, even if it’s not the same without Morrow or Greaves. The vocals are fine, but the guy around who can match that old insanity is Charlie Fell.

maikzor
Feb 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZAtlAQMGzI

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Oh man I am so ready for that

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
Somehow missed the news that there's a new Acid Witch album coming out on Halloween.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MVoVOq6-BM

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Bobby Liebling is going to prison: http://www.theprp.com/2017/10/23/news/pentagrams-bobby-liebling-sentenced-prison-pleading-guilty-abuseneglect-charge/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
On my way to see Chelsea Wolfe. Warning and Thou on Thursday. This is an exciting week!

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Maryland Doom Fest is announcing next year's lineup early next week. I'm totally going to that again.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol there were three people speaking Japanese behind me before Chelsea's set and it turns out they were Boris

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

On my way to see Chelsea Wolfe. Warning and Thou on Thursday. This is an exciting week!

Nice

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

lol there were three people speaking Japanese behind me before Chelsea's set and it turns out they were Boris

nice

last heads up to Days of Darkness goons, hit me up in the thread if you want to chat between bands and win a free beer (Sat/Sun)

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Right on. We're driving down friday morning bright and early and staying all weekend.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully I'll find some of you guys there. I'll be the bald guy in either a tan Shroud Eater shirt, a tie-dye Cave of Swimmers shirt, or a Beerwolf shirt with a cartoon unicorn making GBS threads a rainbow out. Coming in solo so I'll probably be extra chatty.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Is "comimg in solo" code for 'smoking bath salts'?

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I mean I am flying up from Florida so I see where you'd get that impression, sure.

But I meant that I couldn't talk any of my friends here to make the trip up but I'll be goddamned if I'm missing Slough Feg, Manilla Road, Neurosis, Om, and loving Cirith Ungol.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

There's a pretty good chance that I'm going to wear a stupid-rear end scarf a la Jus Oborn bc where else can you do that and there's a smaller but decent chance that I am going to go to one day as Dougie Jones. If anyone wants to coordinate more you can email me at my username without a space at gmail but I get how that's weird. Safe travels and fun times

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If you're wondering about seeing Warning at Days of Darkness, I recommend it. It was kind of weird seeing them and Thou one after the other, but both kicked rear end. We also got an acoustic solo performance of "Carry Me Home" by 40 Watt Sun for an encore.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Shakenbaker posted:

Hopefully I'll find some of you guys there. I'll be the bald guy in either a tan Shroud Eater shirt, a tie-dye Cave of Swimmers shirt, or a Beerwolf shirt with a cartoon unicorn making GBS threads a rainbow out. Coming in solo so I'll probably be extra chatty.

If this is the same guy I think I hugged, or at least patted on the arm, at the Melvins show in Tampa, he seems like a cool dude and I would've drank many beers with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I won't be hugging you