Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

I like how none of these dead solider cartoons even stop to ask why the hell are we even loving around in Niger because we just accept America's Imperial Death Machine operating everywhere in the world as a normal state of affairs and not at all as something insane and stupid.

Does INTERNATIONAL TERROR respect borders and human rights??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There are so many weird lefty things I only hear about from far right sources like Tinsley.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Does INTERNATIONAL TERROR respect borders and human rights??

As the US clearly demonstrates no.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Samurai Sanders posted:

There are so many weird lefty things I only hear about from far right sources like Tinsley.

Man buns were a big thing, like, 3 years ago? I guess he just now heard about them.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Melania Has Two Mouths

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Unreal_One posted:

Man buns were a big thing, like, 3 years ago? I guess he just now heard about them.
I was a graduate student at the University of Hawaii at that time. I can’t imagine a more lefty academic environment to be in. I never saw one.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

sirtommygunn posted:

Exactly enough footprints in that Lester cartoon to write "The political cartoonist Mike Lester beats his wife", just throwing that out there. Also a lot of putting words in dead soldier's mouths today.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dimebags Brain posted:

I like how none of these dead solider cartoons even stop to ask why the hell are we even loving around in Niger because we just accept America's Imperial Death Machine operating everywhere in the world as a normal state of affairs and not at all as something insane and stupid.

I was just thinking that leftists were overdue to gently caress up this issue and hand it to the right wing propaganda engine on a silver platter in order to make a hot take.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Excellent.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Tweeted.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Unreal_One posted:

No he's been bitching about man buns for basically 3 years (give or take 2 weeks).

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ularg posted:

No he's been bitching about man buns for basically 3 years (give or take 2 weeks).

Can't fault him for that. Bunned hair on a man is one of the clearest possible signals that you're dealing with an obnoxious rear end in a top hat who needs to be punched in the face.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Recap: Zelda broke up with Cesar:

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

The cartoonist Lester his FBI political Mike beats wife?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Does anyone outdo Tinsley when it comes to pure, bitter, petty spite? I'm surprised they can even print the drat things without the paper dissolving considering the sheer vitriol in each one.

Rick McKee, it's definitely McKee. Tinsley at least doesn't draw his villains screaming constantly.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Dimebags Brain posted:

I know that often we are just protecting wealth and interests, but on some level we acknowledge the legitimacy of governments, and the fact that they are working to stabilize their countries and protect their people.

Between Chad and Nigeria is Boko haram. Next to them is Niger, these are the three countries to be working with if you want to tackle radical insurgency in central africa.

It's not all posturing, there are men and women in the military working drat hard to help people.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Someone's fishing for another pulizter.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If he can see things like this and not be badly shaken he has nothing left inside him.

Edit: I have no doubt that he was able to say that “women were sacred” horse-poo poo without a second thought though.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 22, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The fact that Kelly stepped over his son's body to defend Trump show he's a slimy soulless gently caress and I don't care what excuse people make up for him

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

nah

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Seriously, did everyone miss how all the things Kelly lamented about "used to be sacred" were things Trump notably shat all over?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shuka posted:

I know that often we are just protecting wealth and interests, but on some level we acknowledge the legitimacy of governments, and the fact that they are working to stabilize their countries and protect their people.

Between Chad and Nigeria is Boko haram. Next to them is Niger, these are the three countries to be working with if you want to tackle radical insurgency in central africa.

It's not all posturing, there are men and women in the military working drat hard to help people.

Also, the only way to work with these countries is to send soldiers. Economic aid, or God forbid, trade policies that don’t gently caress Africa over is not the way to go here.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

So Trump saying something incredibly thoughtless and rude to a fallen soldier's family equates to Democrats attacking him while using dead soldiers as cover?

Yeah that's about the usual Republican dialect I'd expect.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lol, yea if we did call it a treaty it would be hilarious how it never would have been ratified, the other six countries involved would have ended their sanctions and Iran would just buy a nuke from cash-strapped Russia.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Look at what I found at the used bookstore.

It contains cartoons and commentary for the years from 1964 to 1968. I can post a selection every Sunday.

This book is not in the public domain, though. Will that be a problem?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

rodbeard posted:

Don't soil Toshiro Mifune's good name by defending the man bun.

No, other way round: I thought Tinsley's terribly-drawn man bun in the third panel looked more like he was making fun of my man Toshiro.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Objection, why would a person from Iran, speaking to other Iranians, refer to the treaty as "the Iran nuclear treaty"

boy I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

You know, probably someone's said this somewhere, but being sacred sounds miserable and restrictive and not remotely enjoyable. I'd much rather be, you know, a person.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Shangri-Law School posted:

Look at what I found at the used bookstore.

It contains cartoons and commentary for the years from 1964 to 1968. I can post a selection every Sunday.

This book is not in the public domain, though. Will that be a problem?

Man, the far side guy isn't even dead yet and all he can manage with his ridiculously luddite protectionism is "hey, c'mon... don't" what's a dead HERBLOCK gonna even do? :just post: etc

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

BonHair posted:

Also, the only way to work with these countries is to send soldiers. Economic aid, or God forbid, trade policies that don’t gently caress Africa over is not the way to go here.

A big problem is that these countries are often corrupt oligarchies. You send aid, and it all ends in the pockets of the local Beloved Leader's clan.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cat Mattress posted:

A big problem is that these countries are often corrupt oligarchies. You send aid, and it all ends in the pockets of the local Beloved Leader's clan.

:smugmugabe:

e: Also literally every cartoon in that Herblock book was run in at least one newspaper and is possibly in some archive somewhere, the only thing new would be the commentary

But yeah he dead just post it, posts can be edited blank on the off chance someone cares enough to yell at lowtax over it

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Cat Mattress posted:

But enough about the Trump family...

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

RoboRodent posted:

You know, probably someone's said this somewhere, but being sacred sounds miserable and restrictive and not remotely enjoyable. I'd much rather be, you know, a person.

Billy Joel

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

True. It’s a lot more complicated, though not without options like investments being tied to political demands. Not entirely different from the Iran agreement really. My point was more that the military isn’t always helpful, especially a white foreign military in a former colonial area. But yeah, obviously don’t give money straight to Mugabe and friends.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

RoboRodent posted:

Sorry nope, let me get you in your glass case. Just Stand there. Thanks.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"As Tories fight, Theresa May adopts a new negotiating style – Chris Riddell on the party of stable government"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Robert Mugabe removed as WHO goodwill ambassador after outcry

Sunday Times:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Yeah, none of that happened during Obama's presidency.

Edit: Oh this is an old comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Botox? Vodka Nationalism? Lenin on crutches? What does any of this have to do with the 100 year anniversary of the October Revolution? What the gently caress is this even?

It is pretty pathetic what a sad sack General Kelly has become. I guess everyone was delusional when they thought he might actually be the voice of reason and civility inside the White House. Nope, just another Washington Insider that'll sell their soul for even the most meager table scraps of political capital.

• Locked thread