Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

mobby_6kl posted:

Man this crossfit poo poo is getting out of hand

Not only supermodels throw up.

There has to be a second meaning I'm missing here, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Grassy Knowles posted:

Not only supermodels throw up.

There has to be a second meaning I'm missing here, right?

Crossfit gym? Work out until you hurl, I'd assume.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

MILFbuilding

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Shalhavet posted:

So it really is just "they're not the only bulimic people!"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, what's confusing here? I thought it was just (mildly) amusing how the guy legitimately loading a tire into a truck looked like a crossfit exercise.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Shalhavet posted:

There's even a "Pukie the Clown" mascot for crossfitters because of their obsession with working out until they throw up.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pushing yourself hard is obviously good but working out until you puke seems to me like you're overdoing it. It seems kind of like if a racecar driver were to decide that you're supposed to drive fast enough that you lose control and crash off the track.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

There's even a "Pukie the Clown" mascot for crossfitters because of their obsession with working out until they throw up.

Wasn't there also Rhabdo the Clown? Named after rhabdomyolysis a condition where muscle tissue breaks up and enters the bloodstream.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Rotacixe posted:

Wasn't there also Rhabdo the Clown? Named after rhabdomyolysis a condition where muscle tissue breaks up and enters the bloodstream.

It also fucks up your kidneys in the process of clearing it up.
It's not training until you pee tea :downs:

People normally get rhabdo when debris falls on them during an earthquake.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Sagebrush posted:

Pushing yourself hard is obviously good but working out until you puke seems to me like you're overdoing it. It seems kind of like if a racecar driver were to decide that you're supposed to drive fast enough that you lose control and crash off the track.

Forza Motorsport pub races seem to agree with this.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Stolen from the GIF thread

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Hang on.:stare: Did they really use 16 Tons in an add for a mining company?

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

oops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWxQ4OKvhEs

revolther
May 27, 2008

Raygereio posted:

Flint Water Council is using Follow the Drinking Gourd

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Dannywilson posted:

Seriously? Same page. Twenty Posts up.

poo poo happens.

This, is a pro-click.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

I'm the man without a face

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Raygereio posted:

You must be new to advertising

Some of the ones I remember:

- That GE coal ad using "16 Tons," a song about how coal mining has ruined the singer's life
- Mercedes-Benz ad using Janis Joplin's song also called "Mercedes-Benz", which is about the futility of consumerism
- Ad for some cruise company that used "Lust for Life", Iggy Pop's song about how great it feels to shoot heroin
- Uncountable GO 'MERICA ads using either "Born in the USA" or "Fortunate Son" (opening line being "some folks are born, made to wave the flag, ooh that red-white-and-blue"), both of which are about the corruption, racism and classism of the Vietnam war
- and my personal favorite, this abomination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGiyQC_t0MY
the original song is called "Look What They've Done To My Song" and it is about the songwriter's inner turmoil as they question selling out to a record industry

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Man, the number of people whose days were just loving ruined

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Sagebrush posted:

Uncountable GO 'MERICA ads using either "Born in the USA" or "Fortunate Son" (opening line being "some folks are born, made to wave the flag, ooh that red-white-and-blue")

The second line "and when the band plays Hail to the Chief, they point the cannon at you" somehow never gets played.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

You must be new to advertising

Some of the ones I remember:

- That GE coal ad using "16 Tons," a song about how coal mining has ruined the singer's life
- Mercedes-Benz ad using Janis Joplin's song also called "Mercedes-Benz", which is about the futility of consumerism
- Ad for some cruise company that used "Lust for Life", Iggy Pop's song about how great it feels to shoot heroin
- Uncountable GO 'MERICA ads using either "Born in the USA" or "Fortunate Son" (opening line being "some folks are born, made to wave the flag, ooh that red-white-and-blue"), both of which are about the corruption, racism and classism of the Vietnam war
- and my personal favorite, this abomination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGiyQC_t0MY
the original song is called "Look What They've Done To My Song" and it is about the songwriter's inner turmoil as they question selling out to a record industry

Don't forget about Visa using The Smashing Pumpkin's "Today", a song about committing suicide.

https://youtu.be/o0xRtI64yKY

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Mercedes also used Bohemian Like You by The Dandy Warhols

"You got a great car" gets played, but then mysteriously, "yeah what's wrong with it today" doesn't. :thunk:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

From the gif thread. Owl is found at construction site not wearing correct high visibility vest, workers lend it one.
https://i.imgur.com/DtVes3o.mp4

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Memento posted:

Mercedes also used Bohemian Like You by The Dandy Warhols

"You got a great car" gets played, but then mysteriously, "yeah what's wrong with it today" doesn't. :thunk:

The trailer for the Trigger Movie used Third Eye Blind's Semi-Charmed Life and not only skipped all the lines about taking crystal meth, they didn't use any of the lyrics. Related, Alvin And The Chipmunks actually covered the song but changed the lines "She comes 'round and she goes down on me" to "She comes 'round and she walks up to me", "Doing crystal meth will lift you up until you break" to "Dreaming of a state that will lift you up until you break" and "Those little red panties, they pass the test, Slide up around the belly face down on the mattress" to "Those little red candies they pass the test, Right inside my belly, please feed me all the rest." :v:
They still left in a bunch of drugtaking references like "Chop another line like a coda with a curse" and "And then I bumped up, I took the hit that I was given, Then I bumped again, then I bumped again" but they're vague enough to pass I guess.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
Dear OSHA Thread,
I never thought it would happen to me...

srsly tho I love this thread and have done a lot of reading but no posting since I don't see the same batshit insane stuff you guys do. But today I was lucky(?) enough to unload some garbage off of a trailer in the backroom!

It's probably not super OSHA but it looked like a hilariously ghetto-rigged temporary solution where nobody would want to pay for a permanent one. Aside from taking a hydraulic lift that my manager said was probably older than the two of us combined, I noticed this glued to the side of the building:

This is just the right side but I can assure you the left is identical(ly crappy). Admittedly I've never noticed anything quite as out of place in the center store or my department but this struck me as... bad. And yes, is that a pallete that fell back there? Is it part of the solution? Who knows!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
And then I hosed up and I bumped again

Because he didn't want to do that much meth.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Starman Super DX posted:

Dear OSHA Thread,
I never thought it would happen to me...

srsly tho I love this thread and have done a lot of reading but no posting since I don't see the same batshit insane stuff you guys do. But today I was lucky(?) enough to unload some garbage off of a trailer in the backroom!

It's probably not super OSHA but it looked like a hilariously ghetto-rigged temporary solution where nobody would want to pay for a permanent one. Aside from taking a hydraulic lift that my manager said was probably older than the two of us combined, I noticed this glued to the side of the building:

This is just the right side but I can assure you the left is identical(ly crappy). Admittedly I've never noticed anything quite as out of place in the center store or my department but this struck me as... bad. And yes, is that a pallete that fell back there? Is it part of the solution? Who knows!

I worked at a grocery store for a few years where the hydraulic lift was slipping too far past the cement posts that prevented the truck from backing up flush to it, and instead of fixing it they would use old pallets to keep it pushed forward enough to unload.

Some drivers unfamiliar with our system would bridge the gap with a pallet instead then run the mule into it at full speed like it was jumping off a ramp.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

ugh that round back. forget throwing up, this person will barely be able to stand up after a year or two of this routine

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

iroc.dis posted:

I've heard helo medevac trips are insanely expensive. In this case, how expensive are they when they fly out a mobile ER unit, work on a person, then fly every one back to the hospital.

I would also hope that the small town FD and EMS are going to get an award or something. Keeping the guy from bleeding out long enough for doctors to get there is pretty incredible.

Farmers loving know that you don't get in the loving bin with a running auger, because everyone knows someone who did this and died. So my question is why the gently caress did this guy get in the bin? Was he deliberately doing it with the auger running, to clear a clog, in which case he deserves what he got, or was someone else on the tractor and decided to engage the PTO, in which case the other guy deserves to be shot and buried in a ditch.

Just for reference, there is no lockout/tagout on a tractor's PTO system. The lockout is to turn the tractor off and pocket the key.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Man, nobody ever replaces the bulb in the 3rd brake light. Why the gently caress even have the thing. (Nissan in front of the camera car, as well as the nondescript chevy? in the turn lane)

Even if I have an abominable shitbox it gets bulb changes.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Vanagoon posted:

Man, nobody ever replaces the bulb in the 3rd brake light. Why the gently caress even have the thing. (Nissan in front of the camera car, as well as the nondescript chevy? in the turn lane)

One of my foreman insists it's a reflector in the top of his 2009 Ranger, since the bulb doesn't work. Every car/truck after 1991 had it here in :canada:

I've offered to take the two screws out to show him there's a burned out bulb, or point to other Rangers on the road with working third brake lights, but he refuses to accept he's wrong. :f5:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sockington posted:

One of my foreman insists it's a reflector in the top of his 2009 Ranger, since the bulb doesn't work. Every car/truck after 1991 had it here in :canada:

I've offered to take the two screws out to show him there's a burned out bulb, or point to other Rangers on the road with working third brake lights, but he refuses to accept he's wrong. :f5:

Change it in secret, it's not like he'll notice :ssh:

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Vanagoon posted:

And everyone runs with their fog lights on all the time, and the stupid chevys that turn on their reverse lights when not in reverse. Lights on your car mean nothing now, embrace automotive lamp nihilism.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Nocheez posted:

Don't forget about Visa using The Smashing Pumpkin's "Today", a song about committing suicide.

https://youtu.be/o0xRtI64yKY

I’ve heard this song so many times and never realized it was about suicide. Wtf.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The trailer for the Trigger Movie used Third Eye Blind's Semi-Charmed Life and not only skipped all the lines about taking crystal meth, they didn't use any of the lyrics. Related, Alvin And The Chipmunks actually covered the song but changed the lines "She comes 'round and she goes down on me" to "She comes 'round and she walks up to me", "Doing crystal meth will lift you up until you break" to "Dreaming of a state that will lift you up until you break" and "Those little red panties, they pass the test, Slide up around the belly face down on the mattress" to "Those little red candies they pass the test, Right inside my belly, please feed me all the rest." :v:
They still left in a bunch of drugtaking references like "Chop another line like a coda with a curse" and "And then I bumped up, I took the hit that I was given, Then I bumped again, then I bumped again" but they're vague enough to pass I guess.

The Simpsons infamously changed the Chili Peppers lyrics "What I got you gotta get and put it in ya" to What I'd like is I'd like to hug and kiss ya."

Admittedly, this was much better, and something everyone could enjoy.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm still waiting for the South Carolina board of tourism to make a hellishly inappropriate use of "Sail Away"

E: Randy Newman, not Enya

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
My first thoughts were Styx, not either of those bands.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Johnny Aztec posted:

My first thoughts were Styx, not either of those bands.

That's "Come Sail Away."

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

The Simpsons infamously changed the Chili Peppers lyrics "What I got you gotta get and put it in ya" to What I'd like is I'd like to hug and kiss ya."

Admittedly, this was much better, and something everyone could enjoy.

I love you for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:argh:

also