Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Picnic Princess posted:

"We support safe spaces and free speech but you guys are morons and we don't agree with what you did" doesn't really lend support to diapar boy's cause...

It was weirdly worded. The organization was saying it supports criticizing safe spaces and "today's micro agression culture", but they disavow doing it while all diaped up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MoonPie/status/920316317864951808

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Wait are they referring to literal turpentine, like the solvent you can use to strip lacquer off tables and poo poo?

If so jfc, gasoline is cheaper

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

So there's someone somewhere who thinks a guy who looks like that and is, no kidding, named IVAN THRONE aka DARK TRIAD MAN, is a person to be emulated and definitely NOT the villain of a 1990's action cartoon.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
This is cute and funny and I can’t tell if it was meant to be posted on their personal account or not but that also makes it cuter and funnier.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Yeah, I think I'm going to follow @MoonPie, seems pretty chill.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

veni veni veni posted:

Is that the Forums' favorite autistic anime communist?

No, it's Christine Weston Chandler, the autist formerly known as Chris-Chan.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

dexter6 posted:

This is cute and funny and I can’t tell if it was meant to be posted on their personal account or not but that also makes it cuter and funnier.

It's definitely not meant to be private. It's tuning into tumblr-style posting, which for some reason is all the rage among some of the social media marketers.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Wendy's Twitter person got ran out of her job for being too good at it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Puppy Time posted:

It's definitely not meant to be private. It's tuning into tumblr-style posting, which for some reason is all the rage among some of the social media marketers.

I'm guessing we've gotten to the point that a bunch of millennials are running social media feeds.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
It's all just echos of Tony Tiger gate.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

du -hast posted:

Wait are they referring to literal turpentine, like the solvent you can use to strip lacquer off tables and poo poo?

If so jfc, gasoline is cheaper

According to the link AlbieQuirky posted it is sort of the same, maybe different, but probably not.

http://michellemasonrocks.blogspot.ca/2016/10/how-to-kill-parasites.html

quote:

Gum Spirits- may be referred to as Turpentine, let me explain why that is both correct and incorrect so you understand what you want to look for and take. (Note that Gum Spirits are NOT Spirit Gum!) Gum Spirits are made by gathering the pine gum resin (sticky pine sap) and concentrating it- a process very similar to making Maple Syrup. That's it, it's just concentrated pine sap, and pine sap is high in something called terpenes, which is where we get the name turpentine. Our grandparents all ingested turpentine to kill parasites (and for other health reasons), in fact it's listed in many medical manuals (Merck); the original Vick's Vapor Rub had turpentine as an ingredient. At some point (my apologies for not having the exact year) manufacturers took this pure turpentine (gum spirits) and added POISONS to it, and put it in a large metal can and still called it Turpentine. And this is where the confusion comes in, whether turpentine is toxic or poison, or if turpentine heals.

The answer is, if you are looking to use a medicinal version for internal or external human use, you want a small glass bottle labeled "100% Pure Gum Spirits", such as the one sold by Diamond G on Amazon (Humco is also good) (these are both around $10 each for 4 ounces). DO NOT EVER buy turpentine from a hardware store in a metal can and use it, you will poison yourself. Pure Gum Spirits only, if the label says anything else, don't take it. Dosage is up to one teaspoon per week. It is generally suggested to ingest with white sugar, enough sugar that it is saturated with your gum spirits (white sugar only, not honey or substitutes). Some people also like rubbing it on the belly button to expel parasites- you want a carrier oil for this route, meaning you dilute it by putting a few drops of Gum Spirits into a few tablespoons of olive oil, and rub this olive/gum spirit oil on the belly. Precaution: Do not apply to mucous membranes. Suggestion: start small, say 3 drops in one day, and slowly increase dosage each time until you reach the maximum. Expect: gurgling noises in digestive tract and 'turp burps', a burp with the taste. The Taste: very pleasant, like pine candy. Child dosage: I gave my 45 pound five year old one drop, she did fine with that.

Wikipedia lists several concentration methods but doesn't mention POISONS being added to modern turpentine, it's still concentrated pine juice. So at a guess the difference is probably that metal cans of turpentine are the same stuff but much more concentrated than the tiny glass bottles of "100% Pure Gum Spirits" being sold for woo. The dose makes the poison.

That said, it's entirely possible some of the people trying the cleanse are just buying paint thinner, and not the tiny artisanal bottles of sap.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Redditor wants to sue makers of Steven Universe because he didn't like the fourth season. The internet was a mistake Crawling out of the sea was a mistake.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

Redditor wants to sue makers of Steven Universe because he didn't like the fourth season. The internet was a mistake Crawling out of the sea was a mistake.

I'm starting to reevaluate becoming an animator but I'm also mentally ill.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/luxlazuli/status/921583158125932545

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

veni veni veni posted:

Do actual articles count if they are basically bottom of the barrel Vice writers that got paid 5 dollars?

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/evbggm/i-got-shut-down-while-trying-to-report-on-the-louis-ck-rumors?utm_source=vicenewsfb

I love that she felt the need to include a pic of herself that is actually bigger than the pic of CK

“People I knew, I respected, I loved—they supported me, but silently, in a very "there but for the grace of God goes someone who is not I" kind of way.”

Umm, that’s- that’s not how that saying works at all. I think that’s a double negative.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This is the future libertarians want

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I still see stop lights and a sidewalk. Also those buildings haven't collapsed

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Away all Goats posted:

I still see stop lights and a sidewalk. Also those buildings haven't collapsed

I wanna know who the gently caress those four people are and why they're not on a list.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

This would be true if her horse was actually an especially large African elephant bull (which average at 13,000 pounds but the world record is 23,000 pounds)

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

THis horse is HUGE AND REAL AND HE'S MY FRIEND

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Waterbed Wendy posted:

THis horse is HUGE AND REAL AND HE'S MY FRIEND

Mike Pence alt detected

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
*circles horse in gold sharpy* "SEE NOT SO SMALL"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Mike Pence alt detected

Mike Pence can't trust himself to be alone with a horse so needs his Wife with him at all times.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sarcopenia posted:

I'm starting to reevaluate becoming an animator but I'm also mentally ill.

Will you sue yourself if you do work you're not happy with?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

Will you sue yourself if you do work you're not happy with?

Then I would be suing myself forever.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Some ideas work great, others get mixed reaction. This announcement was not proofread and now we sound like Google Translate

psutify
Oct 19, 2012

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Idiots on Social Media: Quality 💩

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Idiots on Social Media: peak violence-arousal

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I always felt like I would understand humanity better as I got older

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Data Graham posted:

I always felt like I would understand humanity better as I got older

Society is crumbling at a faster rate than you're aging. It's all downhill from here.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

According to the link AlbieQuirky posted it is sort of the same, maybe different, but probably not.

http://michellemasonrocks.blogspot.ca/2016/10/how-to-kill-parasites.html

Wikipedia lists several concentration methods but doesn't mention POISONS being added to modern turpentine, it's still concentrated pine juice. So at a guess the difference is probably that metal cans of turpentine are the same stuff but much more concentrated than the tiny glass bottles of "100% Pure Gum Spirits" being sold for woo. The dose makes the poison.

That said, it's entirely possible some of the people trying the cleanse are just buying paint thinner, and not the tiny artisanal bottles of sap.

Yes, traditionally turpentine is made from thermally decomposed and distilled pine tar. It is worth noting that pine trees produce tar as an insecticide, and it is irritating, allergenic, and biocidal in high enough quantities.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Why do all these dudes think that the ladies are interested in seeing their genitals? Like, I'm a fan of penises, but outside of an intimacy setting, they're at best just goofy-looking. Seeing one from some guy I just met is just like, "OK, you have a dong, like most other men. Congratulations on being biologically uninteresting?"

Just... why? Why is this such a thing?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Because men fixate on seeing women's genitalia and can't fathom that it doesn't work in reverse

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm playing out a vignette in my head in which this guy's scheme actually works and he ends up on a date with some violence-obsessed and extremely gullible woman who starts bragging about how her date is an MMA fighter and she creates a scene which gets his rear end kicked.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Sunswipe posted:

At least the responses are 80% 'you're an idiot', and 19% are egging him on to try it for the lulz.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/921792951692550144

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I've been living in a closet for like 10 years because I am definitely NOT a rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Puppy Time posted:

Why do all these dudes think that the ladies are interested in seeing their genitals? Like, I'm a fan of penises, but outside of an intimacy setting, they're at best just goofy-looking. Seeing one from some guy I just met is just like, "OK, you have a dong, like most other men. Congratulations on being biologically uninteresting?"

Just... why? Why is this such a thing?