Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Talent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

Also, it's been rumored for years but the mods always banned anyone who brought it up, and in fact are still doing so even though it's out in the open. If you go to neogaf and ask what's happening you will be permanently banned from the site.
Mods knew.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Also, it's been rumored for years but the mods always banned anyone who brought it up, and in fact are still doing so even though it's out in the open. If you go to neogaf and ask what's happening you will be permanently banned from the site.

Also he was part of some sort of sex cult? Maybe? :confused:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Tried to install Homebrew on my 3DS, and I just can't get it to work. :psyduck: Anyone successfully managed it with version 11.6? The only compatible method of installation I could find is the Ninjhax one, but the QR code won't scan. Might be up a creek without a paddle on this one.

I had the extremely complex and noble goal of just changing the roof colors in my Animal Crossing save to the colors I like the most, so it's not a big deal if I can't get it to work at least.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Why not just play the PC port though

i actually have the pc port all set up from when i first played it, for some reason i just wanna try playing the ps2 version this time

speaking of i need to try playing the pc port of mgs2 again now that there's a fan patch that makes it playable

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

How has this guy managed to take what was already an ugly boring webcomic and make it even uglier and more boring over the years

The writer thinks he's a good writer because the only people he talks to are people in his own community and friends. He's talked in terms of "as a serious and real writer" for years now despite the fact that he's still at the high school "big words mean I write good, right?" level.

The artist I think just apes other people without understanding how the stylistic flourishes he steals work or make sense. Like you can see a lot of PVP in Gabe's art but it's Kurtz's style without all the steps that it took to develop it.

It doesn't help that they're also both assholes that are privileged even as far as gamers go and are prone to whine just as much as someone who doesn't have deep industry connection and doesn't get most of their gaming stuff for free.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i read a couple of the "serious" stories that popped up on penny arcade once and both of them were like, neat ideas, and then one spiraled from being about a story about an immortal cowboy to revealing that the cowboy was an alien and he flies away in a flying saucer and it's treated completely seriously, and the other just had like zero purpose or meaning or context and very clearly depended on its art trying to look really fancy to give it any sort of impact except the art was really average so it was just boring

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

i actually have the pc port all set up from when i first played it, for some reason i just wanna try playing the ps2 version this time

speaking of i need to try playing the pc port of mgs2 again now that there's a fan patch that makes it playable

Doesn't help you much but the Xbox version of SH2 is probably the best, it has almost-surround sound (I think it only uses four speakers for some reason??) and an extra prequel thing starring Maria. I dunno if the PC version had that as well though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Doesn't help you much but the Xbox version of SH2 is probably the best, it has almost-surround sound (I think it only uses four speakers for some reason??) and an extra prequel thing starring Maria. I dunno if the PC version had that as well though.

the pc version has that, and the european ps2 version does too but it's got the fps lock all pal games have

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I look back in wonder at the time when publishers were scrambling for the change to get these guys to do tie-in comics for their game.

People seem to really like PAX though.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The site hasn't been up for like a day, it's impressive that people are "still" posting and getting banned from it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

The PS2 Greatest Hits version is probably the most definitive because it has all the added content with all the original shadow quality and the like. I heard fan-patched PC is pretty close though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Finally getting around to playing Wolfenstein TNO in advance of the new hotness coming out. I'm up to the prison level and I like shanking nazis and inflicting fatal knife throws by hitting them in the rear end, but it seems like it relies a bit too hard on stealth? I don't want to have to sneak around to find the commander just so I can fire one of my many loud nazi-erasing weapons without endless hordes descending on me. Is this something I'll have to deal with a lot for the rest of the game?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really have no experience with NeoGAF, i've read that forum a handful of times. I just know that every time a rumor comes from that forum it ends up being fake or a troll, so i've learned to just ignore everything about it. Site seemed to always be on the same level as Kotaku as far as gaming garbage goes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Looks like someone finally fixed the cutscenes in the PC port of silent Hill 4

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'm fairly indifferent to the site's demise except for the fact that all these people will spill somewhere, and new awful communities will now pop up to absorb the remains.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the only neogaf thread i know is the guy naming his son Kale

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's cool that we're seeing patches for broken old ps2-era pc ports pop up now, the guy who made the new resolution patch for sh2 also made ones for sh3 and 4 and is making them for a bunch of old ports like freakin ultimate spider-man and true crime

now if only anyone could fix dmc3

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I love silent Hill 4 even if it's unfathomably bad in almost every way

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm going to play it because it's a silent hill game

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

A Spider Covets posted:

Tried to install Homebrew on my 3DS, and I just can't get it to work. :psyduck: Anyone successfully managed it with version 11.6? The only compatible method of installation I could find is the Ninjhax one, but the QR code won't scan. Might be up a creek without a paddle on this one.

I had the extremely complex and noble goal of just changing the roof colors in my Animal Crossing save to the colors I like the most, so it's not a big deal if I can't get it to work at least.

Were you perhaps looking for the (new) Nintendo Homebrew Thread?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Was Ultimate Spider-Man the one where if you were playing as Venom you could eat random citizens on the street to restore your HP?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Raxivace posted:

Was Ultimate Spider-Man the one where if you were playing as Venom you could eat random citizens on the street to restore your HP?

literally the first thing you do as venom is devour a child. it's insanely hosed up

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

I love silent Hill 4 even if it's unfathomably bad in almost every way
It really is, even Homecoming had fun boss fights.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's been such a long time since I played Ultimate Spider-Man that I couldn't be sure if I just fever dreamed some of its weirder aspects like that or not.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

It really is, even Homecoming had fun boss fights.

WALTER SULLIVAN

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ufarn posted:

I'm fairly indifferent to the site's demise except for the fact that all these people will spill somewhere, and new awful communities will now pop up to absorb the remains.

Yeah, that sure would be something awful.

Palpek posted:

Because coffee is delicious.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

glam rock hamhock posted:

Hey, for no reason let's see what Penny Arcade is up to these days

:lol: Funniest thing they've done in YEARS I tell you

I always find these kinds of opinions interesting. They assume that the game that was cancelled was near finished - and great, a solid 9/10, and that the cancellation was unjust. Far more likely it was a loving mess with scrambling leadership and nowhere near enough progress made to justify the money already spent on it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

WALTER SULLIVAN
SH4 is like The Room but Tommy Wiseau is killing people because he thinks The Room is his mom instead of killing himself because everyone betrayed him.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

raditts posted:

Finally getting around to playing Wolfenstein TNO in advance of the new hotness coming out. I'm up to the prison level and I like shanking nazis and inflicting fatal knife throws by hitting them in the rear end, but it seems like it relies a bit too hard on stealth? I don't want to have to sneak around to find the commander just so I can fire one of my many loud nazi-erasing weapons without endless hordes descending on me. Is this something I'll have to deal with a lot for the rest of the game?

The stealth loosens up later and I only played along with it long enough to get whatever perks were associated with killing the commanders without being seen. After that I was fine going in hot to most encounters. The Old Blood does the same thing with making stealth overly important in the first act.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How do you guys drink your coffee? I just take it black with 2 bits of sugar.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

The stealth loosens up later and I only played along with it long enough to get whatever perks were associated with killing the commanders without being seen. After that I was fine going in hot to most encounters. The Old Blood does the same thing with making stealth overly important in the first act.

The collectible map perks are nice if you're a completionist but they won't do anything to help you kill Nazis more better. Alarms are never all that dire in TOB, either--maybe two or three extra dudes. It's far from a failure state.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Crappy gas station coffee: add some cream
Good, single origin freshly roasted coffee: black as night

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

cubicle gangster posted:

I always find these kinds of opinions interesting. They assume that the game that was cancelled was near finished - and great, a solid 9/10, and that the cancellation was unjust. Far more likely it was a loving mess with scrambling leadership and nowhere near enough progress made to justify the money already spent on it.

I always find how positive people are that 1313 was gonna be great really weird, especially because the people that still won't shut up about it are the same types that will go on and on about how cover shooters almost ruined games forever.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Accordion Man posted:

SH4 is like The Room but Tommy Wiseau is killing people because he thinks The Room is his mom instead of killing himself because everyone betrayed him.
I would unironically play a Silent Hill game exploring the deep inner psyche of Tommy Wiseau.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 22, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This is only tangentially related but one of my dream games has always Alan Wake but instead it's Garth Marenghi

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I like my coffee like I like my women...

COVERED IN BEES

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cold & bitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In a plastic cup

• Locked thread