Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Guts' life is suffering...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Motto posted:

oh, I hadn't seen cant's new av yet

lmao

This was like the third one in 10 hours. At least this one works for Halloween.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

El Burbo posted:

here's your hag joke for the week

Cuntellectual posted:

Setz is wonderful.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't like hag jokes.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

ancient magus' bride is v good

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Dryzen posted:

ancient magus' bride is v good

:hai:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
gem art
https://twitter.com/starshadowmagic/status/921985598411304960

maid art
https://twitter.com/Kaisen_Tobiuo/status/921998909454540800

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

VostokProgram posted:

There's a power outage and my flashlight has spooky flickering so I'm going to buy a better one, wish me luck

It's been nearly 7 hours since this post so RIP vostok, eaten by the murderclown.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/pancakehotmot/status/922013135304663043

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

drat you cold goblin.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Idk I was mad about something

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

homeless snail posted:

pyf moe blobs

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Guu is Guud.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

where's my つづく at

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/srw_xomg/status/922074614733324289

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/HJZ_artemi/status/922108164924882944

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's been nearly 7 hours since this post so RIP vostok, eaten by the murderclown.

I survived the night with a lantern, a book, and chocolate chip cookies

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

I'm glad vostok is alive

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

delete kohaku from that before i delete you

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
Uhm.. somehow romance animes are kind of a guilty pleasure of mine and after kimi no na wa and koe no katachi I switched over to series. Are there any decent ones in let's say the last five years? I don't mind highschool settings at all but I'd rather have an happy ending and closure instead of an open end. I enjoyed ReLife but it's obviously not over, Mikakunin was too crazy for my taste, couldn't stand the loli char and I just finished s1 of Yahari ore no seishun. Really liked the art style and animation but I kinda spoilered myself and already know it's not gonna wrap up with season 2. So are there any romance animes in recent times that actually end on a happy note?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
My Love Story (Ore no Monogatari) is pretty good, but it doesn't have a definite conclusion. Also, there's Kare Kano (His and Her circumstances) which is a classic, but obviously older than what you're looking for.

E: those four are all good too. V

Julias fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 22, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

puschel posted:

Uhm.. somehow romance animes are kind of a guilty pleasure of mine and after kimi no na wa and koe no katachi I switched over to series. Are there any decent ones in let's say the last five years? I don't mind highschool settings at all but I'd rather have an happy ending and closure instead of an open end. I enjoyed ReLife but it's obviously not over, Mikakunin was too crazy for my taste, couldn't stand the loli char and I just finished s1 of Yahari ore no seishun. Really liked the art style and animation but I kinda spoilered myself and already know it's not gonna wrap up with season 2. So are there any romance animes in recent times that actually end on a happy note?

Kimi ni Todoke
Lovely Complex
Toradora
Kamisama Kiss

Some of those might be a bit outside of the 5years parameter, but they all are great!~

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I haven't seen it yet, but Tsuki Ga Kirei from a couple of seasons ago seemed pretty popular. You might like it.

Edit: My friend confirmed that it has a happy ending, so there you go.

Julias fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 22, 2017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

puschel posted:

not an anime but another movie you could check out from the same director as koe no katach is tamako love story. it's technically a sequel to tamako market but it requires basically zero knowledge and the anime only treats the dude's crush as a joke outside of a couple episodes, love story itself is a really good movie

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

puschel posted:

Princess Jellyfish

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Based Suenari 😍

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Princess Jellyfish

this suggestion sucks, if they're looking for anime

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
Thanks for the suggestions I'll check them out. I also heard from Ano Natsu de Matteru and Ano Hi Mita, are those worth it? I'll be sure to watch Tamako Love Story just because Koe no Katachi was so awesome, so thanks for that!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

AnoHana (what you're calling Ano Hi Mita) is great, though i dunno if i'd really class it as a romance. it's more about a group of friends dealing with grief and there are some romantic issues tied up in that.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The superior version of AnoHana is called Anthem of the Heart anyway.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Snow White with the Red Hair (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime) is a good fantasy-setting romance. It has two seasons & an ongoing manga so the ending isn't a total resolution but it was pretty satisfying imo.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anthem of the Heart is also nice because it doesn’t pair up the people you think it will but it still ends pretty happily for everyone involved. It is only a movie though.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

dogsicle posted:

this suggestion sucks, if they're looking for anime

I never watched the anime but maybe it'll hook them into reading the manga

read manga, everyone

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also there is no shame in enjoying romance and if you also want to read romance manga the shoujo thread is very active. Anime tends to be less satisfying in the romance department IMO since so much is just crappy shounen rom-coms and when they do adapt a good shoujo manga you usually only get a fraction of the story and are better off just reading it anyway.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

I never watched the anime but maybe it'll hook them into reading the manga

read manga, everyone
the anime is very good, but it doesn't end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Edge case, but Working has cute relationships. It's more comedy than romance though I generally like all the couples involved.

• Locked thread