Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I tried to find an alternative less offensive than Pohar, but didn't so I didn't vote, since he's gonna win anyway. I'll probably show up for 2nd round to vote for him because he's a loving commie and it makes conservatives really angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Dwesa posted:

Huh, interesting that Czechs are nazis in that picture. And Bosniaks are not even included, I would expect them to be badly stereotyped, after all, they are also muslims. And somehow Bulgarians moved to East Slav group.

Maybe because Bosniaks are not recognized as a "real" nation by their nationalist neighbors. The rationale being that this part of Balkans were Serbs and Croats until Turks came and displaced or converted many locals. Those converts who remained Muslim after the Ottoman empire collapsed are now Bosniaks. In Yugoslavia, the name for their nation was Muslim. Yes, religion was converted into a nation. :raise:

I'm not saying all this is logical or fair or whatever, just giving some background.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/olliecarroll/status/922406610777067520

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

As always, it's hard to completely exclude any involvement of FSB, but on the surface level the perpetrator seems to be just some insane stalker, who thought Felgenhauer tried to kill him using her telepathic powers. He had an extensive diary documenting it, too.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

As always, it's hard to completely exclude any involvement of FSB, but on the surface level the perpetrator seems to be just some insane stalker, who thought Felgenhauer tried to kill him using her telepathic powers. He had an extensive diary documenting it, too.

:tinfoil: FSB is now brainwashing crazy people to commit assassinations on their behalf :tinfoil:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

After 5 days of Russia, I am finally free to post. Every place I was in had SA banned.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

After 5 days of Russia, I am finally free to post. Every place I was in had SA banned.

This is weird, I was in Russia for two months this summer and never had a problem accessing SA

e: anyway welcome back from Posting Gulag

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vyelkin posted:

This is weird, I was in Russia for two months this summer and never had a problem accessing SA

e: anyway welcome back from Posting Gulag

I have a suspicion that everything I had access to was Rostelekom, which would explain faithful ban implementation.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

this dead forum is banned on most major providers, but the smaller ones (local or the ones that work with companies) don't bother

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

fatherboxx posted:

this dead forum is banned on most major providers, but the smaller ones (local or the ones that work with companies) don't bother
And even if you use one of those that don’t block it, accessing SA from a Russian IP triggers constant captchas. Thanks, Lowtax. :(

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/WaesHaelFL/status/924014533592649729

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
"Poland, that's a country that appreciate nazis, right?"

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Rincewinds posted:

"Poland, that's a country that appreciate nazis, right?"

The government kinda tolerates that style of poo poo recently soooo...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

dex_sda posted:

The government kinda tolerates that style of poo poo recently soooo...

One of the problems of using a single, often hyperbolic word to summarize a political spectrum.

The uninitiated might well think Poland would greet Putin with open arms. They're all Nazis right?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

One of the problems of using a single, often hyperbolic word to summarize a political spectrum.

The uninitiated might well think Poland would greet Putin with open arms. They're all Nazis right?

There's a weird non-transitive cycle going on there because they do trump, when it is hard to think of someone more in Mr p's pocket.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Probably because Trump has literally done nothing to change Putin's standing vis a vis Europe.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
it seems to me that the only problem most poles have with Putin is that he's russian, if he were a polish politicians they'd love him haha

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

SaltyJesus posted:

it seems to me that the only problem most poles have with Putin is that he's russian, if he were a polish politicians they'd love him haha

Half would hail him as another Piłsudski, rest would hate him for what he is: crime boss with his own state.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Mind you that'd just be envy.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

Mind you that'd just be envy.

Speak for yourself; I'm quite happy with the small, personal, nearly familial crime syndicate I already run.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
PiS is the mom and pop's place of evil nascent dictatorships.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Elderly bachelor place. Duckman will get a stroke or slip on a cat poo poo someday and his house will fall. There's no designated heir, so creepy Stalinist lawyer and creepy hidden gay grandpa will have to duke it out with surprisingly capable steward.

Alex433999
Aug 16, 2014

Where do you find these? What are they called?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Alex433999 posted:

Where do you find these? What are they called?

Flag bearer meme, that's what I found out with reverse image search. You can find more by just googling with a particular country or region.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Mr. Bond007

https://twitter.com/Isikoff/status/925107307750584320

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Happy Dziady to Lithuanian, Belorussian and Polish goons! Let's perform libations, eat, drink and wait for our forefathers to join us!

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Popularised in Dziady II, IV, III and I by Mickiewicz, the father of prequels, remakes and soft reboots.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Globally better known from Pellar's quest in Witcher 3 :eng101:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

alex314 posted:

Globally better known from Pellar's quest in Witcher 3 :eng101:
"Globally better known from Witcher 3" could be a pretty good catchphrase to revive Polish tourism industry.
Well, revive.
Did it ever exist?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

"Globally better known from Witcher 3" could be a pretty good catchphrase to revive Polish tourism industry.
Well, revive.
Did it ever exist?

Prostitutes and e-sports?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
So... The Ukrainian National Anti-Corruption Bureau just arrested... the Interior Minister's son. To those unfamiliar with the post-Soviet terminology (is there actually anyone like that here?) the Interior Minister is in charge of the police, not parks.

This will get interesting. Or messy.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

OddObserver posted:

So... The Ukrainian National Anti-Corruption Bureau just arrested... the Interior Minister's son. To those unfamiliar with the post-Soviet terminology (is there actually anyone like that here?) the Interior Minister is in charge of the police, not parks.

This will get interesting. Or messy.

Who is in charge of the bureau? :v:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Prostitutes and e-sports?

E-sports? I've assumed "prostitutes and cheap alcohol".

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Ethanol-sports

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

alex314 posted:

E-sports? I've assumed "prostitutes and cheap alcohol".

Katowice has very popular e-sports venue.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Who is in charge of the bureau? :v:

Pretty complicated. The director is appointed by the President, but the Parliament can fire him, and there is also joint oversight stuff between Parliament, President, and the Government.

The interior minister, IIRC, is appointed by the PM and approved by Parliament.

Edit: also it's probably "detained" rather than "arrested" --- they have to hand stuff over to prosecutor general for actual prosecution, it seems...

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 31, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

OddObserver posted:

Pretty complicated. The director is appointed by the President, but the Parliament can fire him, and there is also joint oversight stuff between Parliament, President, and the Government.

The interior minister, IIRC, is appointed by the PM and approved by Parliament.

Edit: also it's probably "detained" rather than "arrested" --- they have to hand stuff over to prosecutor general for actual prosecution, it seems...

This is going to be a tire fire.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

This is going to be a tire fire.

Most likely it will get slowboated across bureaucracies then quietly dropped.

Edit: though some Ukrainians are fond of literal tire fires....

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

mobby_6kl posted:

Flag bearer meme, that's what I found out with reverse image search. You can find more by just googling with a particular country or region.

Speaking of memes, I just saw this wonderfully DeviantArtsy hot take:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

Speaking of memes, I just saw this wonderfully DeviantArtsy hot take:

Once again the Sorbs got left out.