Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

they've taken the meme that is Larsa being a potion spammer and uhh ran with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDzxWOWMBc4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Amazing

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
There we go, finally something valuable from these renewals.

I'm of course talking about Yuna's Gunner Garb to use my shiny Tiny Bee with.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Beasteh posted:

holy poo poo I need this USB

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The daft Soul Breaks in this game are so good.

still needs one where Sabin drops a train on somebody though

and since Beasteh's custom title reminded me, one where Vivi and Zidane piss off a wall on to the enemy

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Beasteh posted:

I was so happy that Larsa's first relic was a reference to potion spam but it's getting even better.

I'm happy I went with Yuna BSB on the Crystal Tower Draw since I'll probably be pulling a lot here to try and get his relics. At least if fests and my IX bias doesn't drain my Mythril.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

McDragon posted:

The daft Soul Breaks in this game are so good.

still needs one where Sabin drops a train on somebody though

and since Beasteh's custom title reminded me, one where Vivi and Zidane piss off a wall on to the enemy

Also need Relm to finally get her Sketch Glitch USB.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

What is the best place to farm onion motes with the redo dungeons active?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Jesus Christ. First try and all but this thing can punch back.

It seemed to counter all magic with a strong aoe. Thanks for not telling me Dr. Mog, not like that was important.

Any way to cheese the 120 CM? Gambling 40 stam there on a fair fight seems like utter madness.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The 120 CM is easy. I went in with everyone at level 50 and no synergy gear or SBs, and even with Scott dying I mastered it.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Assuming 3 lucky draws each costing 25 mythril each, 15 "happy gatcha" that cost 5 each, one x33 pull costing 50, and one pull on each main banner you are looking at 450 mythril.

Happy gatcha look pretty decent. 5 mythril for a realm specific 3 pull with a guaranteed 5+.

Edit: I think the fest itself will include around 100 mythril, but that still means you'll probably want to save at least 350.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 22, 2017

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Assuming 3 lucky draws each costing 25 mythril each, 15 "happy gatcha" that cost 5 each, one x33 pull costing 50, and one pull on each main banner you are looking at 450 mythril.

Happy gatcha look pretty decent. 5 mythril for a realm specific 3 pull with a guaranteed 5+.

Edit: I think the fest itself will include around 100 mythril, but that still means you'll probably want to save at least 350.

is that the 3rd anniversary layout or the MIA superfest layout?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

The 120 CM is easy. I went in with everyone at level 50 and no synergy gear or SBs, and even with Scott dying I mastered it.

Right you were. I got scared by the other CM plus having to use three really lovely characters ability access wise but this encouraged me to give it a shot and he went down with ease.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Me, an idiot player: "I don't really feel like waiting around for eight shadow creepers, I'll just blitz through Bahamut and get full medals everywhere else."

Dena, the genius developer: "Actually we left medal thresholds unchanged from when the events originally ran, so enjoy losing both an action and a damage medal on this fight you completely curbstimped, no matter what."

Repeat with me killing six creepers this time: the damage I took sitting around made me lose another damage medal.

Repeat agan: I overestimated the number of attacks it took to kill dog number six and thus hit Bahamut by mistake.

What a lovely fight.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

djfooboo posted:

What is the best place to farm onion motes with the redo dungeons active?
Any of the highest difficulty III experience dungeons

Cattail Prophet posted:

Me, an idiot player: "I don't really feel like waiting around for eight shadow creepers, I'll just blitz through Bahamut and get full medals everywhere else."

Dena, the genius developer: "Actually we left medal thresholds unchanged from when the events originally ran, so enjoy losing both an action and a damage medal on this fight you completely curbstimped, no matter what."

Repeat with me killing six creepers this time: the damage I took sitting around made me lose another damage medal.

Repeat agan: I overestimated the number of attacks it took to kill dog number six and thus hit Bahamut by mistake.

What a lovely fight.
Killing four creepers gets you one medal, so that's what I went with. Didn't have to wait around too long for a second set to show up so I didn't lose any other medals either.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cattail Prophet posted:

What a lovely fight.

Which fight is this?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Which fight is this?

I think cloudy wolf ultimate? It's the one with Bahamut from FF:AC that gathers giga/petaflares that you can damage and destroy before they fire.

Cloud USB makes it an amusing fight. I beat it first try, got an extra medal from killing off a few creepers, didn't lose any elsewhere.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Mithross posted:

3rd anniversary.

I'm also holding on to some extra mythril on the off chance superfest makes an appearance during the holidays since it would be the best place to chase chains.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Ice_Mallet posted:

Congrats! I only managed to beat Bismark myself. Makes you feel good, and like there aren't any others-nope nope nope!

I’m still pretty far away from tackling Fenrir though. I leveled up the magicite I got, and he still beat me silly. I do likely need to beat Sealion again to get him a higher level and I likely need better ice options for damage.

My physical ice options begin and end with Ayame, as Squall’s OSB doesn’t cut it. I have Lulu and Vivi for ice commands on their BSBs but their entry damage sucks even with a Ley Lines boost.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Mithross posted:

That's 3rd anniversary, which is NOT Global's next fest. Global's 3rd anniversary is at the end of March. Also note that JP gave out like 70 or 100 mythril during 3rd anniversary, so you don't need all of that right at the start.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

What is our next fest? Something in December I assume?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I thought the 33-pull was free as well. But there was another banner with the selection set of OSB+BSB+SSB from each realm, which I think was 50 mythril...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Schwartzcough posted:

I thought the 33-pull was free as well.

You got two opportunities to do the 33-pull. First was free, second was 50 mythril.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

You got two opportunities to do the 33-pull. First was free, second was 50 mythril.

Ah right, well I didn't do the second one because my first one was 2/33 with two awful poo poo relics. Both of these fests pissed me off.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Schwartzcough posted:

Ah right, well I didn't do the second one because my first one was 2/33 with two awful poo poo relics. Both of these fests pissed me off.

I'm going to be butt salt about the 30th anniversary until the next festival, which presumably at this point will just give me a new reason to be mad; they tricked me by giving me three new BSBs on the healer lucky and then just kept piling bullshit on top of bullshit draw

Asylum Y'shtola is as good as everybody has always said btw

Baku fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 22, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Beasteh posted:

This is fantastic.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
3 stamina refreshes so far for the renewal dungeons and I'm not even done with FF6 yet :sweatdrop:

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

3 stamina refreshes so far for the renewal dungeons and I'm not even done with FF6 yet :sweatdrop:

I've done quite a few more refreshes than that but I'm only halfway through mythril farming VII and have mostly given up on having time to finish everything.

If an event doesn't have a resist relic I'm not going past the initial 10 mythril anymore.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Elephant Ambush posted:

Ive done way more than that because I only have 122 max stamina :spooky:

I'm still way ahead on mithril of course but Im gonna feel dumb if most of these events come back in the near future

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

Ive done way more than that because I only have 122 max stamina :spooky:

I'm still way ahead on mithril of course but Im gonna feel dumb if most of these events come back in the near future

There was no reason for them to have come back, and no one could have known.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Giving this game a try and whoa there are a ton of things happening right now.

From the information I gather it looks like I should play through the main quests to get my stamina up and then maybe work on the billion event quests to unlock characters while they are still up? How far in the normal quests should I go? Is this feasible?

Also any recommendations on banners to pull on for newbies?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

From the information I gather it looks like I should play through the main quests to get my stamina up and then maybe work on the billion event quests to unlock characters while they are still up? How far in the normal quests should I go? Is this feasible?

It's a shame you didn't start a month ago! Doing realm dungeoms for stamina is probably your bedt bet, like you said, but be sure to always use as much stamina as possible before you get 5 stamina shards. You lose any leftover stamina with a shard refresh and you'll get a ton as a new account. Luckily renewal dungeons have plenty of low-stamina, low-difficulty options.

As for banners, I'll probably get disagreement, but the current FFXV and the upcoming FFXV renewal banners are good and contain essential newbie items (one of the best medicas in the game on both banners, a decent Support option on the Prompto banner and a good buffing option on the Gladio banner, as well as potent Noctis relics on both). The upcoming Renewal Type-0 has a great combination of a mage, decent wind-dps, and all the relics for a top-tier healer.

Otherwise, we're all waiting for the FFTA banner coming at the end of November, which you should also plan a bunch of pulls for. The current FFII and upcoming FFVIII banners are meh (with some good relics, but overall skippable). There's a good looking Sephiroth banner coming, but you need the essentials (medica/wall/boost/haste) first.

What you absolutely SHOULDN'T do is pull on any renewal banner I didn't list, or ANY of the Newcomer banners. They're all trash.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Whatever you do, do NOT pull on the newcomer's banners. They're bad. I probably wouldn't pull on any of the renewal relics either... man, maybe the XV banner? It's hard to say where you should pull with a brand new account right now.

But yeah, if you just started you need to get your stamina up. Which is a shame because all those old events being open is totally unprecedented and who knows when or if it'll happen again, and there aren't enough hours in the day to do them all before they go away even with heavy mythril refreshing (which is really inefficient when you have low stamina). If you've got lots of free time and focus over the next several days, you should basically be able to chain stamina refreshes from getting stamina shards from the realm "main quest" dungeons until you have a healthier amount... say 100 or so. That'll take a while. Then I'd recommend blitzing the renewal dungeons for mythril, characters, and memory crystals to break character's level caps.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Hmm, I just had a thought: what if he went through the first phase for every Renewal to hoover up Mythril, then bang out Realm dungeons during the 1/2 off in a week?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Hmm, I just had a thought: what if he went through the first phase for every Renewal to hoover up Mythril, then bang out Realm dungeons during the 1/2 off in a week?

Running the basic (part 1/classic) half of all the events would basically give him 90% of the characters (missing only the useless Cores and people who were released after the Gladio event), more than half of the available mythril (older 14-stage events frontloaded the mythril 7:3 or 6:4, whereas the 10-stage just have one mythril in every stage), and a decent chunk of eggs.

I'd say he'd want at least 50-60 stamina before gunning for it, though, just to make things easier.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

yeah it's tricky at this point because there's less than two weeks left in the renewal events. Definitely try to maximize the mithril you get from temporary events though

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Thanks for the responses guys!

Time to attempt to be ~optimal~

And for some reason I had a feeling the newcomer banners were traps. I guess I just play too many mobile games at this point. Gonna try and mainline realm dungeons to get stamina up first.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Only one FFXI banner? Oh frabjous day!

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I actually went 2/2 on dollar draws today, so good luck on me drawing anything else this calendar year. Ayame SSB (it's a hastega, so it'll get use in CMs) and Leon's Ultra. I don't have anything else for him but I think if I get some physical darkness abilities honed up he'll be fine. All I need is some more dark or--oh god why leon why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

I was hoping one of the two 5* was a BSB but at least I came away from this pull with an USB!

I just can’t get away from Mateus’ Malice in these Final Fantasy gacha games, though :v:

Now it’s time to hold onto my mythril until FFIV.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 23, 2017

• Locked thread