Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Real hurthling! posted:

Skreene needs to get benched. He holds on every down and never turns to even see the ball in coverage

He's been doing that since he came into the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Kevyn posted:

Pats fan and I agree wholeheartedly. In fact the entire division needs to rewind their uniforms back to 1983. The Bills already have.

I agree on the uniforms but why stop there? Let's take the whole division back to the 80s.

I liked football much better when the Dolphins had an elite QB and generally dominated the division.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I don't want the colts back tho

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Real hurthling! posted:

Skreene needs to get benched. He holds on every down and never turns to even see the ball in coverage

He played one of the worst games I’ve ever seen from a DB. This defense is a disappointment even when they make big plays. Reflects on the coach. Players out of position. Bad matchups. Penalties.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mcmagic posted:

He played one of the worst games I’ve ever seen from a DB.

Throw at skreene every down should be their opponents whole playbook. You will get a big catch (cause hes slow and out of position a lot) or a dpi/hold (cause he tackles dudes off the line and dives at any wide out that looks upfield for a ball)

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Also the Patriots need to ditch these color rush uniforms that make them look like the Texans

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Give em red ones instead

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tom brady would look like a xmas elf in all red instead of just a bitch like usual

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I'm not reading a downside here

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Gronk would look like Gossamer

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I think I trust the process :ohdear:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
AFC East is going to sweep the Falcons

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Not looking like a big accomplishment.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

I liked football much better when the Dolphins had an elite QB and generally dominated the division.

matt moore is elite

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

matt moore is elite

I've been saying that Moore is better than either Tannehill or Cutler...

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the falcons gave up 54 unanswered points in a row to the patriots, that's a hilarious statistic

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

evilweasel posted:

the falcons gave up 54 unanswered points in a row to the patriots, that's a hilarious statistic

Cant blow a lead if you never had a lead to begin with

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I've been saying that Moore is better than either Tannehill or Cutler...

He’s nowhere near Tannehill. But he’s leaps and bounds over cutler.

That Moore INT was brutal though

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

AFC East is going to sweep the Falcons

well duh the afc east is the best division in football

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s nowhere near Tannehill. But he’s leaps and bounds over cutler.

That Moore INT was brutal though

He's much better at throwing airballs and letting the Refs bail him out than Tannehill is.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

He's much better at throwing airballs and letting the Refs bail him out than Tannehill is.

Lol refs bail him out. Come on buddy - you lost that game because of an abysmal throw by McCown picked by McCain. No tears.

Run D was stout though

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i thought i wanted to see the jets pounded into the dirt in every game, but this middle-of-the road thing so that jets fans are actually mad about their losses and have no shot at a qb is a lot better

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol refs bail him out. Come on buddy - you lost that game because of an abysmal throw by McCown picked by McCain. No tears.

Run D was stout though

I mean yeah, that play sucked but the 125 yards the refs gave the dolphins also had some say in the outcome...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

looked like clean calls imo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I mean yeah, that play sucked but the 125 yards the refs gave the dolphins also had some say in the outcome...

Maybe the jets shouldn’t be bad at penalties

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Maybe the jets shouldn’t be bad at penalties

They actually weren't before that game but the NFL had to screw us 2 weeks in a row.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Bills gonna go 12-4 and miss the playoffs somehow

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

They actually weren't before that game but the NFL had to screw us 2 weeks in a row.

The holding was pretty clear every single time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Run D was stout though

Nah the game never shoulda come down to that. They lost cause of well-deserved penalties and bad coverage on defense

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Real hurthling! posted:

Nah the game never shoulda come down to that. They lost cause of well-deserved penalties and bad coverage on defense

You should call Buster Skreene by his name if you're want to subtweet him like that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

There is a lot of reasons they lost the game but you can literally call holding on every play and the Jets had it called on them on every play in the second half.

evilweasel posted:

i thought i wanted to see the jets pounded into the dirt in every game, but this middle-of-the road thing so that jets fans are actually mad about their losses and have no shot at a qb is a lot better

The Jets know they need to get a QB this offseason if whither it's signing Cousins to an absurd contract or trading up, they will get a QB.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 23, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The Jets know they need to get a QB this offseason if whither it's signing Cousins to an absurd contract or trading up, they will get a QB.

you would think that but somehow they've ignored it for years, but even if you're correct the difference between getting a top draft pick that lets you get a QB without trading up and what you have to give up to trade up is generally at least another first-round draft pick so that's a big difference for everyone else in the division (none of whom, against all odds, will be the team with that valuable first-round draft pick auctioning it off)

signing cousins means you condemn the jets to an 8-8 mediocrity for the foreseeable future with no cap space at all like the post-giant flacco contract ravens because he's fine, but no more than that. i guess you could luck into a playoff run or two though, but he's never going to be a great qb.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

evilweasel posted:

you would think that but somehow they've ignored it for years, but even if you're correct the difference between getting a top draft pick that lets you get a QB without trading up and what you have to give up to trade up is generally at least another first-round draft pick so that's a big difference for everyone else in the division (none of whom, against all odds, will be the team with that valuable first-round draft pick auctioning it off)

signing cousins means you condemn the jets to an 8-8 mediocrity for the foreseeable future with no cap space at all like the post-giant flacco contract ravens because he's fine, but no more than that. i guess you could luck into a playoff run or two though, but he's never going to be a great qb.

If Cousins was the Jets QB this season they would win 10 games. Easily.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

If Cousins was the Jets QB this season they would win 10 games. Easily.

the jets have been surprising, but i'm not ready to believe the team everyone was confidently predicting to go 0-16 is real as opposed to being a surprise to teams that underprepared because it's the jets and to teams that didn't have good film because nobody (including the jets coaching staff) has ever heard of 95% of the roster

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

evilweasel posted:

the jets have been surprising, but i'm not ready to believe the team everyone was confidently predicting to go 0-16 is real as opposed to being a surprise to teams that underprepared because it's the jets and to teams that didn't have good film because nobody (including the jets coaching staff) has ever heard of 95% of the roster

They clearly aren't for real. But that is because, like most other bad teams, they don't have a good QB.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tarbrush posted:

You should call Buster Skreene by his name if you're want to subtweet him like that.

I called for him to get benched by name in the last page tho dont wanna beat a dead db

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mcmagic posted:

There is a lot of reasons they lost the game but you can literally call holding on every play and the Jets had it called on them on every play in the second half.

When buster is pulling dudes down by the collar off the line they are gonna get flags

It wasnt nearly as caprcious as the oak/kc game ending on like 6 straight penalties

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
On Miami's scoring drives DPI was called once followed by a 10 yard penalty on the Dolphins. Then holding twice on the last TD drive. One of the holding calls was also followed by a 10 yard penalty on the Dolphins for OPI.

Quit bitching.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

McMagic of course!

• Locked thread