Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Monathin posted:

Another 'easter egg' they shameless yanked from MVC3?

I'm supposed to believe DmC Dante can keep up with tru Dante? Bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I don't know if you guys care or not (most likely not) but I know the Best Friends frequented Neogaf at some point. Yeah that place is imploding right now. The site's owner, Tyler Malka, was accused of jumping naked into a shower with a woman without her permission.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't really judge a website's users by the person who owns it, though. Like I don't judge goons by Lowtax(nothing against him), or people on facebook by Zucky. Still, it would suck for a community to shut down because the guy running it went nuts.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GAF shutting down would suck because the only way we get advanced information on gaming stuff 90% of the time is through GAF leak threads.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

All the net nazis sure seem enthused about it in the usual places, not because the owner is a creep obviously.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Time for someone to start NeoNeoGAF I guess.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Neo GAFIO

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't really judge a website's users by the person who owns it, though. Like I don't judge goons by Lowtax(nothing against him), or people on facebook by Zucky. Still, it would suck for a community to shut down because the guy running it went nuts.

Given the history of gross poo poo said and done by other mods him being a creep and weirdo isn't new and he didn't suddenly become a lovely person, especially given how much poo poo he approved of and let happen on the forum over the years. This isn't a one off thing and this isn't the first instance of gross poo poo from the owner (and especially not the first actual sex criminal to be a high ranked GAF mod). When you have a bad person at the absolute head of a thing they tend to fill in the ranks with like-minded fuckers.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 22, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ah, I don't use neogaf at all, so I didn't know. That's real bad then, wonder if the forums will migrate somewhere else then.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Ah, I don't use neogaf at all, so I didn't know. That's real bad then, wonder if the forums will migrate somewhere else then.

Time for Something Awful to be back on top baby!

That won't happen

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm just saying as advice in general, if the person in top control of a thing turns out to be a shitlord/creeper/gross person you can safely bet there's a lot more of that poo poo happening under their control.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Like 9 mods and admins resigned during this whole thing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Like 9 mods and admins resigned during this whole thing.
Christ. Hopefully the leakers and other people of NeoGaf migrate elsewhere (and here).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Chaos reigns

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm just saying as advice in general, if the person in top control of a thing turns out to be a shitlord/creeper/gross person you can safely bet there's a lot more of that poo poo happening under their control.

What does that say about Something Awful then

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

What does that say about Something Awful then

LoL if you don't know about how a large portion of the mods or people directly hired by Lowtax turned out to be absolute weirdos perverts or worse.

Remember that Games mod that had the 'Women turned into inanimate objects' fetish art?

I mean even if you don't wanna get into the past like it's a half second to look at TCC or FYAD and see "Oh wow parts of this forum are super hosed up"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LoL if you don't know about how a large portion of the mods or people directly hired by Lowtax turned out to be absolute weirdos perverts or worse.

Remember that Games mod that had the 'Women turned into inanimate objects' fetish art?

I mean even if you don't wanna get into the past like it's a half second to look at TCC or FYAD and see "Oh wow parts of this forum are super hosed up"

I mean

I think most of us was here when the AaTrek thing went down.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I think that just says more about people willing to mod an Internet forum

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Burkion posted:

I mean

I think most of us was here when the AaTrek thing went down.

There was that music forum mod that repeatedly creeped on female goons too.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I unfortunately was not yet around to witness the trouncing of Aatrek.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I've actually been seeing threads about Neogaf by confused people go up and then get deleted immediately on their subreddit. From what I can read this poo poo has been going on since 2012 with a variety of lovely people actually being protected by site staff. We're talking at least two publicly convicted pedophiles and a rapist at least.
Say what you will about SA but at least the garbage here wasn't given protection by site staff for who knows how long. In conclusion:

EDIT: Someone had written an expose about the site's shady staff earlier this year.

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 22, 2017

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

NeoGAF is a terrible website with terrible moderation and it will not be missed.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

HGH posted:

Say what you will about SA but at least the garbage here wasn't given protection by site staff for who knows how long. In conclusion:
Wait who was a murderer here!? :stare:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Some guy from like TFR shot someone because I forget why, it was something to do with pumpkins or something weird.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Googling got me an article so uh
I might retract that statement I guess.

CuddlyZombie posted:

NeoGAF is a terrible website with terrible moderation and it will not be missed.
This still applies though. Terrible toxic place. You can get your news and leaks from better places these days.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Grouchio posted:

quote:

William Freund (c. 1986 - October 29, 2005) was a nineteen-year-old male who donned a cape and paintball mask and went on a shooting rampage in the city of Aliso Viejo, California. He shot and killed two people before going home and killing himself with a shot to the torso. Before going on the rampage, he is said to have posted his plans on the online Asperger's Syndrome message board wrongplanet.net. He also posted on the Something Awful Forums under the alias "forbiddenforum" asking for information on where to buy Hevi-Shot ammunition. Forum members responded with information, then derision as he claimed that he was going to be shooting at people attempting to vandalize his Halloween pumpkins. The thread was closed a few days before his shooting spree. He also posted on AnandTech but never commented on suicide or his plans to kill. He was a computer expert who, according to his employer, kept to himself and severely lacked social skills.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Grouchio posted:

Me

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

HGH posted:

I've actually been seeing threads about Neogaf by confused people go up and then get deleted immediately on their subreddit. From what I can read this poo poo has been going on since 2012 with a variety of lovely people actually being protected by site staff. We're talking at least two publicly convicted pedophiles and a rapist at least.

EDIT: Someone had written an expose about the site's shady staff earlier this year.

My 'favorite' GAF mod story is the one where a pro pedo Neogaf mod who told some woman, who was abused for years as a child, that she was incapable of having an opinion on pedophiles and low key threatened to ban her if she kept participating in a thread about them.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 22, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm watching liam's archive of his playthrough of nier automata and I had to pause the video from laughing so hard when he self destructed in the middle of the ending b credits

What a brilliantly absurd and hilariously anticlimactic decision, love it

Edit: him marking out after ending b is so cute. :3: its fun to watch him play this because he loving loves it with every fiber of his being and you can tell, it's great.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 22, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think like maybe a quarter of the complaints they have in this Marvel LP actually happened

They need a ban on comic book anything

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tae posted:

I think like maybe a quarter of the complaints they have in this Marvel LP actually happened

What, you don't mean to tell me that between Woolie's unabashed recommendation of Millar's works, Matt's unironic love of the Punisher, and Pat's nervous tic where he has to shittalk Superman if he hears anyone enjoying Superman within a five mile radius of him that the Best Friends have bad comics opinions?

Color me shocked.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

There's nothing wrong with loving Frank Castle.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Monathin posted:

What, you don't mean to tell me that between Woolie's unabashed recommendation of Millar's works, Matt's unironic love of the Punisher, and Pat's nervous tic where he has to shittalk Superman if he hears anyone enjoying Superman within a five mile radius of him that the Best Friends have bad comics opinions?

Color me shocked.

See, you're doing fine here but uh.

Be even more specific.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ah yes clock tower 2, the third clock tower game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People love the punisher outside of niche forums.

It's Woolie and Matt being ignorant while thinking they're totally right. Like crazy talk except without the back-down.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'd have no idea what Saga is if not for Matt so thanks Matt.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Punisher can be a decent character but most people that love Frank Castle like him because HE KILLS BAD PEOPLE WITH GUNS HE'S NOT A PUSSY, let's be honest. Lots of stories are just that too. Matt just loves the dumb 90s aesthetic though, so there's no way his favorite character wouldn't be Pun-chan.

At least he's not like my brother that will defend Red Hood to the death.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Hey at least the MvCI LP changes it up by having Matt do his whiny low energy I-don't-care routine from the start instead of waiting for episode 10

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't think Matt's ever going to be better than he was in the Punisher LP, relatedly.

SMELLS LIKE... ITALIAAAAAN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dias posted:

The Punisher can be a decent character but most people that love Frank Castle like him because HE KILLS BAD PEOPLE WITH GUNS HE'S NOT A PUSSY, let's be honest. Lots of stories are just that too. Matt just loves the dumb 90s aesthetic though, so there's no way his favorite character wouldn't be Pun-chan.

At least he's not like my brother that will defend Red Hood to the death.

How's it like having Dark_Tzitzimine as your brother?