Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/MLFoxwell/status/922171474559033344

(Some inspirational and deep quote from Ryu goes here. Something about the never-ending journey or the strength of fists or something.)

I was thinking the other day about what character has crossed over the most with other intellectual properties.

I'm pretty sure it's Cloud Strife these days, between Puzzles and Dragons, Smash and KH he's met a crazy amount of other characters. Batman, Goku, Sonic and Mickey Mouse just for starters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

7 was pretty good but I don't like judging the new entries against an entire series so shortly after they've been out, especially when that series contains RE2 and RE4.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

7 was okay but won't be going anywhere near one of my top games of the year, let alone best in a series which constrains at least two candidates for top ten games of all time.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

precision posted:

there is no way that is a controversial opinion

How loving dare you have a different opinion from the goon hivemind! I WILL PERSONALLY KICK THE poo poo OUT OF YOU FOR LIKING THE WRONG VIDEO GAME

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Resident Evil 4 is like one the best games ever...

That's true, but on balance I enjoyed RE7 more, though obviously for entirely different reasons. It's probably not fair to compare them since they're going for totally different things.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hey a lot of you guys like anime right, is excel saga just basically japanese freakazoid

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what the gently caress is "anime"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not kids stuff

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

hey a lot of you guys like anime right, is excel saga just basically japanese freakazoid
yeah pretty much

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

homeless snail posted:

yeah pretty much

neat. should i watch it if i like freakazoid?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Excel Saga - your tables have stories now?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Every table has a story.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cowcaster posted:

I think you should just watch Freakazoid

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ciaphas posted:

So just making sure here, if I liked Shadow of Mordor I'd love Shadow of War, right

I'm juuust about done with Path of Exile for the next month or so, I think

Yes. The only thing it really loses is the Batman-esque untouchability that comes with being good at the combat. SoW is a lot more likely to screw you over in combat than the original or the Batman games, but it’s also built around you dying frequently to progress the world, so it balances out.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Dewgy posted:

Yes. The only thing it really loses is the Batman-esque untouchability that comes with being good at the combat. SoW is a lot more likely to screw you over in combat than the original or the Batman games, but it’s also built around you dying frequently to progress the world, so it balances out.

I am 100% okay with that difficulty shift, SoM desperately needed it.

Downloading now, it's been too long since I played anything besides Path of Exile so this should be fun.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

neat. should i watch it if i like freakazoid?
idk if I can really base a recommendation on that, but freakazoid is good, excel saga is good, and I think they have a similar energy but obviously its gonna be directed in different ways. its all on youtube just watch an ep of it I guess? the english dub is pretty good for the day also, the girl that did excel got so into it that she hosed her voice up and had to be replaced halfway through

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I like that Excel Saga ends with an episode that's just blood and nudity every five seconds as a way to sell the DVD. This is in ~1999, the episode has no reason to exist except to spearhead the Japanese uncut DVD market.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yardbomb posted:

Inquisition was real good though.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

My first post on the Waypoint forums was "This game loving owns" in the Opus Magnum thread and my account got suspended. DO NOT curse on Waypoint it is a Christian server.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

an actual dog posted:

My first post on the Waypoint forums was "This game loving owns" in the Opus Magnum thread and my account got suspended. DO NOT curse on Waypoint it is a Christian server.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

Finally getting around to playing Wolfenstein TNO in advance of the new hotness coming out. I'm up to the prison level and I like shanking nazis and inflicting fatal knife throws by hitting them in the rear end, but it seems like it relies a bit too hard on stealth? I don't want to have to sneak around to find the commander just so I can fire one of my many loud nazi-erasing weapons without endless hordes descending on me. Is this something I'll have to deal with a lot for the rest of the game?

The game gets into more action as you go, interspersed with a few stealth the officer sections here and there. You dont actually have to stealth much of it though if you dont mind doing things dirty

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I abbreviate it as KBaM because it's fun to say out loud.

Edit: wow, that's what I get for not refreshing while playing fire emblem warriors

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

agreed. hail satan.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I abbreviate it as KBaM because it's fun to say out loud.

Edit: wow, that's what I get for not refreshing while playing fire emblem warriors

Same, but like someone else said, I'll use "mouse and keyboard" when I'm saying the whole thing.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
It's it's not mouse, it's keyboard! Keyboard and mouse, mouse and keyboard... these two input devices are driving me insane! We have to do something about this.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

an actual dog posted:

If they're not a subsidiary of Disney they have a contract for a show so literally yes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what even is the disney waypoint show about

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

homeless snail posted:

what even is the disney waypoint show about

Competative smash and csgo from what i gathered watching streetfighter evo and seeing constant ads

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I just remembered one of the last GAF threads I was reading before poo poo started to go up in flames was about the guy who created that one cartoon for Nickelodeon getting fired and someone getting really upset that a bunch of people in the thread were making bets on how long it would be before a certain longtime producer at Nick finally got his comeuppance because according to them there wasn't actually any solid evidence. They said it was just trolls taking things out of context.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Today's first world problem: out of space on both my 250gb SSDs

I reeeally should have kept one of those 2TB HDDs, the constant Steam Shuffle is annoying

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Every table has a story.

That is a good video game cat.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ciaphas posted:

I reeeally should have kept one of those 2TB HDDs, the constant Steam Shuffle is annoying

I bought an 8TB USB 3.0 drive and it’s been fantastic for running games off of.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

That is a good video game cat.

Cats are confirmed in Assassin's Creed Origins. I wonder if Wolfenstein or Super Mario Odyssey have them. Destiny 2?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

eddie is such a worthess piece of poo poo that in the dog ending credits mira growls whenever it shows pictures of him

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ciaphas posted:

I have a 2TB SSD and a 6TB HDD :getin:

2TB SSD is extravagant but 512GB-1TB is pretty reasonable now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I love that Silent Hill gave Eddie some pizza.

• Locked thread