Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Dr. Abysmal posted:

If Mousasi wins this, and he honestly probably shouldn't, he barely scraped by an undersized guy spinning like a top

He was fighting with one eye, what was he supposed to look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

God drat pacific time zone. I knew I felt like I was missing something.

Anything worth a gently caress on this card? It’s getting DVR’ed.

Also, how in the precise gently caress did Mousasi leave the UFC?! They really need name recognition at the moment.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where is this airing on?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Where is this airing on?

Spike.

Or you can just scream Bellator at your remote and watch The Bell Witch movie, per commercials.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Bellator offered him more money to look sleepy coupled with the UFCs uncanny ability to know when to let someone walk

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

maffew buildings posted:

UFCs uncanny ability to know when to let someone walk

it's crazy. i thought it was joe silva, but i think it's voodoo or something.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

it's crazy. i thought it was joe silva, but i think it's voodoo or something.

My theory is that the UFC sends Joe Silva grainy VHS tapes of fighters in contract negotiations and he faxes back his advice.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Once again Bellator does their thing where they only benefit if one guy wins and they're hosed if he loses. Father dog used to say that the UFC is the only promotion that understands you have to make fights so you're well off no matter who wins

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore posted:

My theory is that the UFC sends Joe Silva grainy VHS tapes of fighters in contract negotiations and he faxes back his advice.

I hope he’s still watching fights obsessively. He’s got more time for it now

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Skip My Posts posted:

I imagine he must. You could still see him getting super pumped cage side right up until the Zuffa sale.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

He's probably having a blast without all that responsibility.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Once again Bellator does their thing where they only benefit if one guy wins and they're hosed if he loses. Father dog used to say that the UFC is the only promotion that understands you have to make fights so you're well off no matter who wins

honestly i'm not going to look at their middleweight roster to substantiate this but if shlemenko won at least it would've been a guy with a marketable style having momentum and column inches to challenge for their worthless title; he didn't fight their awful, awful champion, or melvin manhoef, the only other 2 possible guys.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
whoever this man is, he is michael schiavello's fault and must be stopped

https://twitter.com/streetfitebanch/status/922176594613030912

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
There really needs to be a Pudz vs JT 3, the fact they didn't call him as a late replacement is very telling.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Norman Parke's KSW fight ended in a no contest after he suffered a groin strike and two eye pokes, he got into it with his opponent's corner and ended up getting punched by a guy:
https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/922204702405742593/photo/1

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

whoever this man is, he is michael schiavello's fault and must be stopped

https://twitter.com/streetfitebanch/status/922176594613030912

Lmao

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10/22/16516946/video-gerald-harris-wins-retirement-bout-with-arm-breaking-slam

Gerald Harris, best known as 'that guy who slams people' won his retirement fight by slam. This time he gave his opponent an extra elbow in the process.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I still dont understand why he got cut from the ufc and why he never made it back

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Oh good lord I wish I hadn't watched that clip

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

david carmichael posted:

I still dont understand why he got cut from the ufc and why he never made it back

he got cut for having a mildly bad fight with 80s one hit wonder Falco, then he was retired for a while to become a stand-up comic

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

honestly i'm not going to look at their middleweight roster to substantiate this but if shlemenko won at least it would've been a guy with a marketable style having momentum and column inches to challenge for their worthless title; he didn't fight their awful, awful champion, or melvin manhoef, the only other 2 possible guys.

I think Mousasi already bean Manhoef. It was either in DREAM or Strikeforce. Probably the former.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

I think Mousasi already bean Manhoef. It was either in DREAM or Strikeforce. Probably the former.

yeah, I'm saying the other options would have somehow been even worse if he lost

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Gegard says he has a long one and haters can line up and suck it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyXSZW36OGk

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Alessio Sakara is getting a shot at the Bellator middleweight title in December.

hahahaha what?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

SquirrelGrip posted:

hahahaha what?

I thought Sakara was washed up in 2008.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Captain Log posted:

I thought Sakara was washed up in 2008.

He hasn't gotten worse in Bellator, so he's holding his own, unlike more recent UFC washouts.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
sakara is one of the men who contributed to houston alexander officially being For Real

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Also his punches can gouge eyes out. No fingers needed.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

He was also the first person to KO Pat Cote with punches to the back of the head :v:

Though it's pretty cool that Cote only got T/KOed once in his career of fighting KO artists and hard punchers in three weight classes.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Didn't they used to say Sakara was some kinda boxing champion? What was that?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bundt Cake posted:

Didn't they used to say Sakara was some kinda boxing champion? What was that?

The one time he fought someone with more wins than losses, he got KOed:
http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/297539

e: I guess it would have been more compelling to say that that was the one time he lost.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 24, 2017

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the guy fighting Sergey Kovalev next month fought Harry Gopaul, so Sakara is legit

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Paul Harry Paul Go Paul the Pitbull Harry Go Paul Paul?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

From personal experience I’m pretty sure a Tapout hat could be a “boxing champion.”

Cote holds a special part of my heart - seeing him fight Tito in his prime on two days notice, while looking soft, convinced me to start training.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Don't put that sin on Cote.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Don't put that sin on Cote.

Just be glad it wasn’t Roy Nelson or I’d easily weight over three hundred pounds.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Nierbo posted:

Gegard says he has a long one and haters can line up and suck it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyXSZW36OGk

https://twitter.com/JustSoDifferent/status/922891129804034048

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
my buddy brian works at spike, and...

https://twitter.com/BrianDermody/status/923653254298456064

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

HOLY GOD I need to know more about this.

Also, Chael Sonnen lives in green state Oregon. I know he says he doesn't smoke - but half the time he sounds high as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Captain Log posted:

I know he says he doesn't smoke

the lie detector test determined that was a lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBn0lIpNtEs