Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

Well, there's your perfect explanation of political cartoon labels. The 800 pound gorilla in the room isn't a metaphor for debt; debt literally is an 800 pound gorilla.

And I'm going to be spending all of tomorrow working on baseline consumption statistics before I go on holiday, what joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

SirSamVimes posted:

There is no way to read this as anything but a criticism of how angry gun people get when the possibility of stricter gun laws comes up, right?

Stannis is gonna be all “both sides are being unreasonable here, can’t we pleeeease all get along and ignore this stuff again” at best.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Winslow: I got shot at, ban all gunz! I am a dumb trashfox!
Carmen, a child: Well, actually, as a constitutional absolutist I believe that the second amendment is fundamentally inst-
Hunny Bunny: guns are why I lost, ban guns!
Carmen: But that's silly, because the constitution is the f-
Hunny Bunny: don't care, world is a gently caress, buy my book

EVERYONE: boy people sure are divided nowadays

Spread over 12 strips.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Starving Wolf posted:

Winslow: I got shot at, ban all gunz! I am a dumb trashfox!
Carmen, a child: Well, actually, as a constitutional absolutist I believe that the second amendment is fundamentally inst-
Hunny Bunny: guns are why I lost, ban guns!
Carmen: But that's silly, because the constitution is the f-
Hunny Bunny: don't care, world is a gently caress, buy my book

EVERYONE: boy people sure are divided nowadays

Spread over 12 strips.

Well that's just the entirety of Prickly City now, I don't think that counts.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

We're totally gonna keep getting But Her Emails cartoons well into the 20s, aren't we.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Is "Comey was totally in the tank for Hillary in 2016" a thing going around the US or confined to just Ramirez? I'd like to know which version of :psyduck: is warranted.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Is "Comey was totally in the tank for Hillary in 2016" a thing going around the US or confined to just Ramirez? I'd like to know which version of :psyduck: is warranted.

Republicans have always been at war with James Comey

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

The Big Word posted:

We're totally gonna keep getting But Her Emails cartoons well into the 20s, aren't we.

I'm calling it now: one of the regulars will blame the JFK assassination on 16-year old Hillary.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

Remember, Ramirez is the hack who kept depicting Obama in Bush's Mission Accomplished moment.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Trapezium Dave posted:

Pretty much every single conservative who would rather not talk about what the people actually in power are doing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Focus. On. OUR. PRESIDENT.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

quote:

What

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Big Word posted:

When Hillary dies we will have daily incursions on her gravesite by people trying to carve 'emails' on her headstone.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rigged Death Trap posted:

When Hillary dies we will have daily incursions on her gravesite by people trying to carve 'emails' on her headstone.

Fools, Hillary can never die

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I still can't deal with this bad faith.

Years of following the freep thread have not been able to immunize me against the strange bizarro world they live in.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seconded. What.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

I'm the man who only worries about women getting sexually assaulted if they have a daughter

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm the man who only worries about women getting sexually assaulted if they have a daughter

C'mon man, that's a bit uncharitable. "sexual assault is bad and I don't want people I love to suffer through it like so many others" is not a bad sentiment.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Hellbunny posted:

C'mon man, that's a bit uncharitable. "sexual assault is bad and I don't want people I love to suffer through it like so many others" is not a bad sentiment.

Also the implication that she's too young to have experienced (or at least recognise!) sexual discrimination.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Hellbunny posted:

C'mon man, that's a bit uncharitable.

Not really, it's fairly well proven conservatives don't give a poo poo until it affects them or a direct family member on all kinds of topics.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Yeah it's a thing for fake allies to come out on various feminist issues because "MAH WIFE AND/OR DAUGHTER"

It shows that they don't really give a poo poo about women they aren't directly related to, and reinforces the narrative of men needing to protect "their" women.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
There's some twitter thread where a guy requested all the most extremely mid-2000's webcomics, and someone posted RLC. Mornin' Kent.

I wish I had been a politoons thread reader back then, I was only reading the YCS Webcomics thread at the time, which posted this dreck fairly regularly. (It once compared fossil evidence of evolution to Yu-Gi-Oh cards) I wonder if anyone has a link to an archive of that thread when Loss came out.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Retromancer posted:

Yeah it's a thing for fake allies to come out on various feminist issues because "MAH WIFE AND/OR DAUGHTER"

It shows that they don't really give a poo poo about women they aren't directly related to, and reinforces the narrative of men needing to protect "their" women.

On the other hand, if you're trying to reach a regressive audience, this is a good way to give them some perspective.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Not really, it's fairly well proven conservatives don't give a poo poo until it affects them or a direct family member on all kinds of topics.
Is Steve Sack a conservative though?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Flipperwaldt posted:

Is Steve Sack a conservative though?

Not a clue, he's never made enough of an impression on me one way or the other enough to remember him. Mostly responding to it being an uncharitable reading.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sack isn't conservative. He's a moderate to liberal cartoonist.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This looks like it should be airbrushed on the side of a van.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm the Orthodox hacker dual-wielding katanas in a reverse grip

and wearing a stylish star-of-david tie

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
*adds a name to Christmas card list*

Trapezium Dave posted:

It came out that Comey didn't think she was guilty of anything before the official findings were released. This obviously means that Comey viciously altered any and all info that came in to change the real story to coincide with what he already thought instead of, say, an experienced law man having an opinion based on currently available evidence. The evidence that he did that is that there is no evidence.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Retromancer posted:

On the other hand, better a bad ally than being a horse’s rear end about how “it’s not really assault, they knew what they were getting into, etc.”

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Dirk the Average posted:

On the other hand, if you're trying to reach a regressive audience, this is a good way to give them some perspective.
they've been putting on this song and dance for decades now and it never actually leads to anything lasting so not really

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

You'd think the mass muslim death would have tickled Delonas' love handles in all the right ways but I guess his contrarianism proved too strong this round.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Words.

I'm a skeleton and I have so many words.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I hate when delonas is right.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Nonsense, this is an election year....

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

LordSloth posted:

I'm calling it now: one of the regulars will blame the JFK assassination on 16-year old Hillary.

They already think she crashed JFK Jr's plane.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 23, 2017

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The only way forward is for the fall of the state. An Anarchy Cartoon.

quote:

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Considering the US funds them both, you'd think we'd get to be the third but I'm not bitter or anything.

• Locked thread