Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Y'all are building up hope knowing full well the 48 is going to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I really want Jimmie to win so The "King" and Sr. are tied for 2nd. Anyone else will be a disappointment.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

If Jimmie kicks the ladder out from MTJ at Miami there's no justice in the world.

I know MTJ winning everything is annoying but holy gently caress he's having a season to remember (I wonder if someone recalculated using the last pre-chase point standings what he would be at right now)

The 78 will have its engine blow because he screwed Kyle.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Then they'll shove Truex into a dump truck and the 24 wins

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iospace posted:

If Jimmie kicks the ladder out from MTJ at Miami there's no justice in the world.

I know MTJ winning everything is annoying but holy gently caress he's having a season to remember (I wonder if someone recalculated using the last pre-chase point standings what he would be at right now)

I'm going to assume this is the super fun Stage-based points system and not a 36 race system, but:

quote:

1 Martin Truex, Jr. 1283
2 Kyle Busch 1147 -136
3 Kyle Larson 1140 -143
4 Kevin Harvick 1090 -193
5 Brad Keselowski 1033 -250
6 Denny Hamlin 1025 -258
7 Chase Elliott 997 -286
8 Matt Kenseth 931 -352
9 Jamie McMurray 892 -391
10 Jimmie Johnson 870 -413

Racing-Reference posts these on the full reports for each race. Jayski may have the 36-race season version.

Also, yay Jimmiebot's gonna win being the 10th best driver!

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 23, 2017

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

Also, yay Jimmiebot's gonna win being the 10th best driver!

Quintessential

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I mean that's fuckin nascar lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If Johnson had only won 2-3 titles he'd be easily the most popular non-Earnhardt in the sport.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Chase Elliot, still in with a chance to win the championship without ever having won a race. Imagine him finishing in the top 5 (again) ahead of the other three in the Champs 4 at Homestead. The ultimate reward for consistency across the entire season.

I like how much I'm enjoying all the scenarios in NASCAR this season, although probably not for the reasons NASCAR wants me to enjoy them.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Inshallah

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

A fitting tribute to Matt Kenseth if there ever was one. I'd prefer to see Suarez go HAM at Homestead if that's going to be the case, though.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

This is... an interesting take:

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/922568566146080769

I’m not sure I disagree. Let’s see Shrub run for Venturini :getin:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I guess Kez just sold his truck team then.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Electric trucks? :barf:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Elitist Bitch posted:

This is... an interesting take:

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/922568566146080769

I’m not sure I disagree. Let’s see Shrub run for Venturini :getin:

I will go along with this if it means Kyle Busch has to run Morgan Shepherd's Jesusmobile.

Otherwise, it's a problem Brad has contributed to and it sounds like he still wants to run the series as a driver.

WindyMan posted:

Chase Elliot, still in with a chance to win the championship without ever having won a race. Imagine him finishing in the top 5 (again) ahead of the other three in the Champs 4 at Homestead. The ultimate reward for consistency across the entire season.

I like how much I'm enjoying all the scenarios in NASCAR this season, although probably not for the reasons NASCAR wants me to enjoy them.

Ryan Newman came one spot away from winning a title in 2014 without winning a race (though, as it played out, he'd have had to have won which would've been less fun.)

That is the only scenario in which I will pull for a Chase Elliott championship.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Newman would have been a way better champ than Elliott.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Elitist Bitch posted:

Only if they made the trophy out of moon rocks

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Elitist Bitch posted:

He ran Larson into the wall at Phoenix to get the one point he needed to advance to Homestead, so if that's not championship-caliber and giving 100% in compliance with NASCAR rules, I don't know what to tell you.

gently caress him, that cost Gordon.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/NASFACTS/status/922857053340798977

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/StewartHaasRcng/status/922571144447762432
https://twitter.com/DrunkBrianF/status/922781663230414848

:vince:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Norns posted:

The car was a flaming piece of poo poo from day one. Clint wrecked and blamed his pit crew.

Totally the same thing

No man, Alonso was ripping on the engine, which is cool and good. Actually cool and good.

I've spent too long in the f1 thread, I can't not poo poo post.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Everyone knew it was coming, but Wallace confirmed to the 43 next year.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

Everyone knew it was coming, but Wallace confirmed to the 43 next year.

*Happy dance*

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hell yeah Bubba.

More details: http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/21154456/darrell-wallace-jr-become-first-full-african-american-driver-nascar-cup-series-1971

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Why did it have to be RPM?

Whyyyyyyy?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Really glad he's officially got a full time ride now, it's too bad it is in a 25th place car.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Elitist Bitch posted:

Why did it have to be RPM?

Whyyyyyyy?

Good point...im not gunna let it diminish my enthusiasm. He's one of my favorite drivers

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

big nipples big life posted:

Really glad he's officially got a full time ride now, it's too bad it is in a 25th place car.

Which he managed to average a 17th in across four races and a best of 11th at Kentucky.

I feel like he might be the caliber of driver who could bring a team up (Kurt Busch at FRM) rather than the team bringing the driver down (Labonte/Petty, Rudd/Woods).

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I hope so, but RPM lost a lot of money with Smithfield bailing so I feel like next year's car will be worse than this year.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So congrats to #48 on number 7.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You're a little late for #7 but I'm sure he appreciates it.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Suarez gets the Camping World money, the 43 gets the Subway money.

Boom, solved.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Rock (WWE, not the track) and Hermie Sadler almost co-owned a team which would've run the full 2001 Cup schedule. Any wrasslin' goons want to guess why it imploded?

http://www.racing-reference.info/showblog?id=3125

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Rock (WWE, not the track) and Hermie Sadler almost co-owned a team which would've run the full 2001 Cup schedule. Any wrasslin' goons want to guess why it imploded?

http://www.racing-reference.info/showblog?id=3125

It was so Hermie could go on and feud in TNA

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Or are we going to get mad that the WWE is good at protecting their intellectual property again because there's a reason The Rock uses Dwayne Johnson now

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

exploded mummy posted:

Or are we going to get mad that the WWE is good at protecting their intellectual property again because there's a reason The Rock uses Dwayne Johnson now

Is there a reason they couldn't have just changed the name? Because the article makes it sound like WWE didn't want Johnson involved at all.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
WWE really doesn't like their wrestlers getting outside of Titan Tower's shadow. They only work with Dwayne nowadays because he's a famous actor; the publicity is worth more than the spite.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Marco Andretti and Graham Rahal have talked to Junyer about one-offs in NXS. "Show me the money" is the response.

quote:

"I mean, (Ron) Fellows when he ran our car he comes to us and says ‘hey got a little money, you got an open race somewhere?’ Awesome, let’s do it," Earnhardt said. "That is as simple as that. And so, if we did have those opportunities we certainly would entertain it and I think it would be great for the sport to have an Andretti out there running in stock car no matter where it is at, it would be awesome."

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/marco-andretti-will-have-wait-space-race-nascar-xfinity-jr-motorsports

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:worship::devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Why the gently caress didn't Joey pit?

Why the gently caress did Brad take the outside?

Why the gently caress?

Why?

e- Get hosed, Chase.

This race owns.

• Locked thread