Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'm already set to get the Law Route/Ending. Been missing that what with Persona being so pushy about its ending and morality lessons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Looks like we might have a lady protag from that station scene.

She appears in the later shot along with someone else who is dressed in much more protagonist-like clothes. I think chances are she's just an important character. Well, either way it's impossible to tell with how vague this teaser is.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
You start as a male before getting killed off, shifting the protag role to the cute girl.

Come on, Atlus!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gently caress it, make your own dude

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Wonder what they'll do to Tokyo to spice it up this time around.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was going to say set it in Akiba but that was TMS.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Wonder what they'll do to Tokyo to spice it up this time around.

Turns out, YOU were the apocalypse, not the nukes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, I need to actually beat a "proper" SMT game other than Devil Survivor 1. I've played both Raidous and didn't get far, got to the second day or so of Record Breaker, got past the first Dante fight in Nocturne, and got up to the Neutral split in SMTIV before I realized I had no idea what to do next (probably all the sidequest cleanup which, ugh). I still wanna play Apocalypse too, so I should go back to IV at least.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Japan nukes the US with the hidden secret nuclear program they've had since shortly after WWII. Tokyo is devastated by a revenge-stricken Paul Bunyan.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Arist posted:

Man, I need to actually beat a "proper" SMT game other than Devil Survivor 1. I've played both Raidous and didn't get far, got to the second day or so of Record Breaker, got past the first Dante fight in Nocturne, and got up to the Neutral split in SMTIV before I realized I had no idea what to do next (probably all the sidequest cleanup which, ugh). I still wanna play Apocalypse too, so I should go back to IV at least.

You're actually at the point where Apocalypse branches out from IV, I think. Apocalypse starts a little ways into the Neutral split of IV, possibly after Flynn finishes sidequest cleanup.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
When's it coming out though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Never.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Shame that smtv is as dead as the teens in the trailer

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Arist posted:

I got stuck on an endgame boss in IV and was too lazy to backtrack out to get some new demons. :( I should really go back to it. I also have Apocalypse sitting there unplayed.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The clothing of the guy and girl on the teaser remind me of Kaneko's style. Could he be back?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The flower petals are very shoujo manga from the 20th century, which is an interesting direction to go in after SMT4's super sentai thing but maybe not unexpected after #FE went with magical girls.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:cry:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

The flower petals are very shoujo manga from the 20th century, which is an interesting direction to go in after SMT4's super sentai thing but maybe not unexpected after #FE went with magical girls.

Isabeau really loved one of the most iconic shoujo manga of all time so heck, it makes sense on that level too.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Srice posted:

Isabeau really loved one of the most iconic shoujo manga of all time so heck, it makes sense on that level too.

Shin Megami Tensei V is just a manga written by Isabeau after the end of SMT4a, confirmed.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

TurnipFritter posted:

Shin Megami Tensei V is just a manga written by Isabeau after the end of SMT4a, confirmed.

I'd play it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
mother earth wanna kill humans again

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

irlZaphod posted:

I got stuck on an endgame boss in IV and was too lazy to backtrack out to get some new demons. :( I should really go back to it. I also have Apocalypse sitting there unplayed.
Same honestly, I really want to check out Apocalypse but I've only just gotten to Tokyo in IV. I've been able to beat the prehistoric SMT games with ease, but something about modern SMT games breaks my brain. Like the one thing I want from Deep Strange Journey is to Be Easier

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You win this round, Saagonsa.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Moltrey posted:

Same honestly, I really want to check out Apocalypse but I've only just gotten to Tokyo in IV. I've been able to beat the prehistoric SMT games with ease, but something about modern SMT games breaks my brain. Like the one thing I want from Deep Strange Journey is to Be Easier

Good news: from Tokyo on SMTIV is cake! There's like three bosses left in the entire game who will give you any trouble whatsoever.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Arist posted:

Good news: from Tokyo on SMTIV is cake! There's like three bosses left in the entire game who will give you any trouble whatsoever.

the hardest boss is understanding the tokyo map

(did apocalypse fix that, btw?)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Maybe by the time this comes out here I will no longer be dead broke and can afford a Switch.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

TurnipFritter posted:

The trailer has the phrase Shekinah Glory, and Shekinah is the female energy/aspect of Divnity in Hebrew so i really hope there's a woman MC

Arist posted:

Oh word? hell yeah cool. Tokyo looked super overwhelming and i was not down to clown w/ that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a good thing I'm getting that switch on Friday for known SMT game, Super Mario odyssey

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ah yes, the Super Mario Triplets

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Brother Entropy posted:

Yes, it also fixed the difficulty curve somewhat, so it's not as cake (to an extent).

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Captain Baal posted:

It's a good thing I'm getting that switch on Friday for known SMT game, Super Mario odyssey
same literally today

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Brother Entropy posted:

If it's gameplay related, 4Apoc most probably improved it over 4.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Moltrey posted:

Oh word? hell yeah cool. Tokyo looked super overwhelming and i was not down to clown w/ that
The World Map is terrible but aside from that it's ok really. Once you get used to going from one area to another and learn the routes around the place, it's fine. The worst part is trying to figure out how to get from A to B when there's random demons chasing you. It does somewhat dump you on the map and expect you to find your own way around, but by and large it's actually fairly linear. Also there are some NPCs dotted around who tell you where early-game locations are relative to your current location.

There was a map posted in the OP of the SMT IV thread, which was super-useful also.

Also finding new Terminals cuts out a ton of hassle, and you get a quest later on which gives you the power of flight.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

To me the feel from that trailer is that the male on the left is the playable main character and the girl is his upbeat friend that has her world view destroyed and turns into an avatar for either law or chaos. I would love for one of these games that's not Persona 2 EP or PSP to have a female protagonist but I don't think it's in the cards.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

a mainline smt game would be way easier to put a gender choice in than persona

do it you cowards

WALL of SCIENCE!
Feb 8, 2003

I'm good. You good?
Going off of the teaser for the trailer, it's gonna be Nuked Tokyo this time.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Moltrey posted:

The trailer has the phrase Shekinah Glory, and Shekinah is the female energy/aspect of Divnity in Hebrew so i really hope there's a woman MC

Maybe Rose Suit is A Revolutionary Girl.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TurnipFritter posted:

Maybe Rose Suit is A Revolutionary Girl.
I'm done with girls trying to revolutionize things. Give me a good ol' mass-murdering FeMC and I'll be happy as a pig in poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/922532233977540608

Persona 6 anyone?