Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Hillary "Pinkerton" Clinton, hero of the people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/historyinflicks/status/921897613829595137

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

apes, imo.

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/921904918889422849

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

oh it gets better

https://twitter.com/JWJones252/status/922093440342601728

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Well obviously he wasn't actually drinking. A tier 1 operator like Garland knows the red dawn could happen at any minute, he would never jeopardise the free world by allowing himself to get buzzed when that's exactly the kind of weakness the Russian horde would love to exploit

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
wrong. he's a tier 1 operator so he's limited to microbrew ipas that taste like a bottle full of grass clippings.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/922227070251487232

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The music video is truly dire.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

did they make up an insane adam sandler/method man movie to fill out an episode and attack the sense of reality

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

... No?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The Cobbler is a decent premise executed in the worst possible fashion. It is truly insane that the director for Spotlight made this movie.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Know Such Peace posted:

The Cobbler is a decent premise executed in the worst possible fashion. It is truly insane that the director for Spotlight made this movie.

Reminder that a central scene in the film is Adam Sandler being unable to rape a woman in the shower because he'd have to take his shoes off

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

felix provides a very... colourful description of the future USA-Iran conflict
pressure cooker ships get a mention two eps in a row

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Know Such Peace posted:

If anything The Cobbler is the weird blip on his CV, not the Oscar win. Admittedly I haven't watched his stuff in a while so I can't speak about details, but I love the poo poo out of The Station Agent.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Why the gently caress even have war games if you're not trying to anticipate enemy actions?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Why the gently caress even have war games if you're not trying to anticipate enemy actions?

I think they expected Iran to be a more conventional combatant compared to guerillas or whatever. I don’t know dick about Iran so I can’t say how reasonable that is.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I think they expected Iran to be a more conventional combatant compared to guerillas or whatever. I don’t know dick about Iran so I can’t say how reasonable that is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002

quote:

After the war game was restarted, its participants were forced to follow a script drafted to ensure a Blue Force victory. Among other rules imposed by this script, Red Force was ordered to turn on their anti-aircraft radar in order for them to be destroyed, and was not allowed to shoot down any of the aircraft bringing Blue Force troops ashore.[2] Van Riper also claimed that exercise officials denied him the opportunity to use his own tactics and ideas against Blue Force, and that they also ordered Red Force not to use certain weapons systems against Blue Force and even ordered the location of Red Force units to be revealed.[3]

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I hope Van Riper defects to Iran.

Serf
May 5, 2011

they should change their name to Van Ripper

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

rumble in the bunghole posted:

assuming we're not starting a war with north korea first, they'd be by far the most well-equipped country we've fought since the last time we invaded korea

that being said that only people on earth stupid enough to still think any other country is gonna fight us on our own terms via conventional warfare are the joint chiefs of staff

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

If I recall, there was a small derail on the OSHA thread where they detailed on just how much weird poo poo Van Ripper did and how kind of nuts the way he won "creatively". More or less you had wahabists on mopeds hurling ICBMs with their own arms in order to circumvent the tech defenses.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kunster posted:

If I recall, there was a small derail on the OSHA thread where they detailed on just how much weird poo poo Van Ripper did and how kind of nuts the way he won "creatively". More or less you had wahabists on mopeds hurling ICBMs with their own arms in order to circumvent the tech defenses.

I mean, whatever works.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

The "Rodney Rappin'" tracks are just him doing standup and they're actually pretty funny. A Bad Tweet.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Uranium posted:

After the war game was restarted, its participants were forced to follow a script drafted to ensure a Blue Force victory. Among other rules imposed by this script, Red Force was ordered to turn on their anti-aircraft radar in order for them to be destroyed, and was not allowed to shoot down any of the aircraft bringing Blue Force troops ashore.[2] Van Riper also claimed that exercise officials denied him the opportunity to use his own tactics and ideas against Blue Force, and that they also ordered Red Force not to use certain weapons systems against Blue Force and even ordered the location of Red Force units to be revealed.[3]rl]

War, war never changes.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

That's not even how you make a Moscow mule...

Also it's named after some company from Hartford.

Just lol

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Kunster posted:

There was a load of bullshit on both sides. The parameters they had Van Riper operate in (turning on his radar so blue could bomb his air defences, forcing him to disclose unit locations, forbidding him from using his chemical weapons stockpile, etc. etc.) were absurd, it's not difficult to see why he tried to gain an unrealistic advantage to offset the equally ridiculous conditions imposed upon him.

In any case the joint forces command report on the exercise outright admitted that the game ended up rigged to ensure a blue victory so lol at aggrieved armchair generals deciding that actually it was totally legit, America's #1 forever

Also as a side note Wahhabis consider Shi'ites to be the very worst kind of infidels, so I don't think they'd be hurling ICBMs from mopeds for the Ayatollah even if they could

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Kunster posted:

He also did poo poo like have a hive mind of rafts carrying anti-ship missiles that weighed more than they did, that "instinctively" knew where the US ships were at all times without using any form of communications

He would also just straight up ignore when his stuff got sunk or blown up if he felt like it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao this pic is so good

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

lmao this pic is so good

Reserve your hillbot TODAY!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The cafe owner—a bearded man in a North Face fleece—had recently attended a town hall held by the local Democratic congressman, Ron Kind, a Third Way stalwart and former chair of the House’s centrist New Democrat Coalition. “I’m not, like, a jumping-up-and-down Berniecrat,” the man said. “But what you see in these congressional meetings is a refusal to even play ball” with ideas considered too extreme, like single-payer health care. “All these centrist ideals,” he said, “are just perpetuating a broken system.”

This was a direct attack on the very premise of Third Way’s existence. These were not the ideas of the middle 70 percent. These were not the voices of an America that wanted to find mutual understanding with its neighbors. They were, essentially, separatists, proud of their extremism and disdainful of the unenlightened.

It was after this exchange that Hale, after she and Watson got back into the Yukon to debrief, as they did after every session in order to compose their eventual after-action report, had to stop and vent. Her problem wasn’t that people were wrong. She had managed to maintain her equanimity while hearing other groups express opinions she disagreed with. It was that they didn’t want to get along.

On Safari in Trump's America

(The end-result report? Bullshit, of course.)

According to the report, the community’s “biggest frustrations” are “laggard government and partisan squabbling.” “The idea that such bickering can be tolerated in D.C. is appalling to most,” it states. The good people of western Wisconsin, Third Way found, wanted nothing so much as a society where people could put aside their differences. The report quotes a man who said, “We come together on projects and solve problems together.” It doesn’t quote any of the Wisconsinites we met who expressed partisan sentiments or questioned the prospect of consensus.

prefect fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 23, 2017

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Why is the syntax so weird in that snippet? I'm about to sentence diagram that second paragraph to try to figure out who "they" is.

E: clicked through and it's a bunch of principal skinners

Phone fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 23, 2017

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Third Way doing a small amount of research and coming to the conclusion that Third Way was right all along despite all the evidence is extremely my poo poo

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
seems like they could've saved pete peterson and and friends their $20 million and just wrote the same report without having left their office

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Muppets On PCP posted:

seems like they could've saved pete peterson and and friends their $20 million and just wrote the same report without having left their office

You don't *get* consulting

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
In addition to the Democracy Donkey, the White Russian will now be known as the Cumskin Cocktail #resistance

MikeCrotch posted:

Reminder that a central scene in the film is Adam Sandler being unable to rape a woman in the shower because he'd have to take his shoes off

Do they ever show what happens if he puts on a woman's shoes? Because by far the most implausible thing about that film is the idea that a cobbler is putting on a pair of a his customer's shoes isn't so he can jerk off in/on them.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://medium.com/@jblistman/when-i-was-nineteen-years-old-elie-wiesel-grabbed-my-rear end-10370829c4bd

lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I promise you this click will not disappoint.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

:argh: GULEN!!! :argh: 0-0 tie!!! :argh:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Uh ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Because you have to show how The Good Guys will win, no matter what, because the cost of actually changing things or making your poo poo work is more expensive currently than updating your poo poo to reflect reality. See also: the 2016 Democrats.

Serf posted:

they should change their name to Van Ripper

Colonel Jack V. Ripper