Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Sort of want Charlotte to trade for Bledsoe to see how weird bad and flammable they can make the team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ahahaha

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

morestuff posted:

Sort of want Charlotte to trade for Bledsoe to see how weird bad and flammable they can make the team

Gotta dream bigger man. I want them to trade for Boogie and play him together with Dwight

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Pelicans should go all in on Bledsode

I dunno what assets they have but yeah

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Cavs are gonna get him because the world is unfair.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Maybe but they probably won't (and definitely shouldn't) give up Murray and Chandler/Mudiay/crap/a non-lottery pick probably won't be the best offer.

But this is the Suns so who knows, they might give him away for Mudiay and a top 22 protected 2021 pick

Mudiay should be a free toss in at this point. I'd give away Mudiay and an unprotected pick (which would be, at worst, late lottery) + cap filler (ideally Faried) in a heartbeat for Bledsoe.

Denver won't have cap space to get a player like this otherwise before they have to pay Jokic and Bledsoe has a nice contract for the next two years. Don't let a player like this go to another team because you think you should have more leverage.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
thank you wayne

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Dexo posted:

Whoa that would be a kick rear end team to watch. Too bad they have nothing good and young to give up. It would have to be draft picks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/poundingtherock/status/922518641966493696

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Trying to think of landing spots for Bledsoe.

Utah? Clippers? Obviously the Cavs would love him but they probably don't have the assets unless the Suns want Iman Shumper and Cedi Osman

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

straight up brolic posted:

Jordan Clarkson might be actually decent to good for a very long time in the vein of Lou Williams/Jamal Crawford. Dude is a professional bucket getter.

I'm really not sure why they've been rumored to be looking to move him or whatever for several years, he's not expensive and he fits their team perfectly. Clarkson is a really great value player who fills a needed role for them.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Folks, Andre Drummond is shooting 100% from the line this season and 85% if you throw in the preseason

Small sample or new man? If he keeps it up (or just shoots like ~80%) that's probably enough to have won the Pistons enough games to make the playoffs last year, and easily this year.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Utah? Clippers? Obviously the Cavs would love him but they probably don't have the assets unless the Suns want Iman Shumper and Cedi Osman

They do have the Brooklyn pick. Do you go all in?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Man I didn't realize that Bledsoe was only getting 15 mil a year. That's suuuuuuper tradable. drat near every team in the league can make plays at that.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Bledsoe would look good in a Sixers uniform

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lockback posted:

They do have the Brooklyn pick. Do you go all in?

That would be possibly the worst trade in league history.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
come to the nuggets bledsoe

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Here's the video if you'd like:
https://streamable.com/gmhhq

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Eric Bledsoe is still fairly effective but he has like no trade value because his legs are shot

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dexo posted:

They ain't got none.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/abc15sports/status/922525050099482624

Bledsoe trying to avoid a league fine like a champ

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Put Eric Bledsoe in the drat hall of fame

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:allears:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hair theory applies.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

Okafor plus Bayless and a pick

Say sixers pick top 10 protected for two years

euphronius fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 23, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dexo posted:

They don't have any that they can actually trade.

Paul Zuvella posted:

I don't really know what Utah would trade for him at this point unless they'd like a slightly damaged Dante Exum. I think Utah is pretty happy with Rubio right now too. Denver makes the most sense

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 23, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Minnesota went after Bledsoe years ago and I think you could play Rubio and Bledsoe together without any problem. But Utah has a ton of wings right now (when they don't fall apart) so unless Bledsoe is being handed to them I can't see them bidding heavy.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It's hard to think of real deals for Bledsoe since it usually boils down to some agent thing and AAU friendship or a spiteful bad deal. And like brolic said, he's injured all the time.

The only way you truly make up, and not just get back to 'acceptable' for a poor defensive center is have an entire 1-4 committed to good defense with one of those players being an incredible defender, then you sink the bad center to the basket where he just tries to get in the way and has as few decisions to make as possible

MourningView posted:

In fun with small sample size news Ekpe Udoh has a defensive rating of 77 and has seven blocked shots in like 40 minutes of playing time
Utah's defense was doing cruel things

Zone man hybrid big followee big standee hybrid lurk nest is the new defense's name, I've heard

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 23, 2017

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

xbilkis posted:

Put Eric Bledsoe in the drat hall of fame

He's one of the all-time GREATS.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

Minnesota went after Bledsoe years ago and I think you could play Rubio and Bledsoe together without any problem. But Utah has a ton of wings right now (when they don't fall apart) so unless Bledsoe is being handed to them I can't see them bidding heavy.

Maybe but yeah it's hard to see them being interested. I don't think they'd want to trade Hood or Mitchell for him and Ingles isn't good enough to be the centerpiece of a deal. I could see Favors for Bledsoe if Phoenix didn't have a ton of young bigs

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

https://twitter.com/TheStarters/status/922534286145794049

edit: also, it's too bad Austin is the coach's son.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9m23hqw

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 23, 2017

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Paul Zuvella posted:

Bledsoe for Shump and Frye might make sense for both teams.

I would love for Tyson Chandler to end up on Cleveland but I don't know how.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If this works every member of the Knicks is going to start tweeting.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

zoux posted:

If this works every member of the Knicks is going to start tweeting.

and Durant will be tweet on all of his accounts after every loss.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Rivers lost all GM power.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Paul Zuvella posted:

30th pick for Bledsoe isn't too bad

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

EvanTH posted:

FYI this nickname was assigned very early, around when he was drafted. It was always aspirational but it has become less and less fitting. It's now kind of a general insult to Canadians.

FYI this nickname was assigned much earlier than that, he had that back in AAU before he ever got to Kansas.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/922284166540156929

:thunk:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The "I always hated that guy" of pro sports.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah this would be a great landing spot for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Bucks or Sixers would make sense for both Bledsoe and the team.

Delly ($9.6m x 3 years), Teletovic ($10.5m x 2 years) and a future first for Bledsoe ($14m x 2 years).

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 23, 2017

• Locked thread