Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Waffle House posted:

All of my girlfriend's internet friends have now picked up preorder copies, including her ladyfriend from Canada ( :v: ) who is going to leverage her charm, assets, and psychotic PUBG reflexes to stream the game.

yeah but can they code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

As long as half your fireteam is from the clan you get the clan the bonus engram for the week.

So like trials, raid, crucible and the nightfall gets the clan 1 free item from that thing.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

it's participation trophies for being part of the clan and it owns. luv 2 get free loots

chajusong
Oct 18, 2002

AAB posted:

This one is gonna be the cool one :ssh:

Lots of space left as of this posting.

joined this as juche. let's frag!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Signed up for the cool one. Looking forward to playing some motherfucking Destiny on PC!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

AAB posted:

This one is gonna be the cool one :ssh:

Lots of space left as of this posting.

joined this,

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

I also have joined that cool group. Looking forward to shooting some bad dudes in the face and or dancing whereever possible. (All the time)

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

But Not Tonight posted:

Blizzard has been doing this for what, 12 years now? They've figured out a thing or two about launch days.

The diablo 3 community would like a word

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

AcidRonin posted:

The diablo 3 community would like a word

That's fair, but I was thinking more along the lines of WoW expansion releases, and Overwatch.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I ain't signing up for poo poo

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I never played D1 so I’m not familiar with all the in-game terms, but from what I gather I shouldn’t cash in any tokens/coins/blind drops until level 20? Seems fine with me. Imma play a poo poo ton of campaign tomorrow, might team up with my OG Hotdog buds (or any goon playing D2 on PC because we’re all cool as hell) tomorrow night.

I fell rear end-backwards into 6 straight days off, so I can give D2 three days and AC Origins/Wolf 2 the next 3 days. My plan is to buy a lot of coconut water and fruit to get me through without killing myself.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Do encounters scale down for 2 man parties or does it always fill up to 4 people

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Is the deluxe edition worth it? Or just go with the vanilla? Thinking about that GMG preorder.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Futaba Anzu posted:

Do encounters scale down for 2 man parties or does it always fill up to 4 people

Encounters and events are set at whatever they are. You are free to do them with 1 to 3 people (6 for raids). Nothing really scales.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Prophecy120 posted:

Encounters and events are set at whatever they are. You are free to do them with 1 to 3 people (6 for raids). Nothing really scales.

Oh wait I meant to clarify, I meant like story content stuff.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nvidia Destiny 2 drivers put out today - so update your poo poo!!

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Lowness 72 posted:

Is the deluxe edition worth it? Or just go with the vanilla? Thinking about that GMG preorder.

I bought the $100 version at full price because I’m an idiot. If you are too, I highly recommend it.

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Waffle House posted:

lol

While the game's population can be somewhat cyclical because of how periodic content releases will naturally cause such, pleeeeeeease do not read too deeply into the /r/DestinyTheGame subreddit. On any given day it is 80-90% salt by volume, and a quick way to believe that Destiny: The Game is an IV bag or chemical dependency for some people/give yourself hypertension reading it.

Many games have killed Destiny so far during its lifespan:

First it was The Division. The Division was 100% totally gonna be a Destiny killer guys. Destiny is hosed.

Then it was CoD: Blops2.
Tom Clancy was gonna kill it.
Then it was Warframe, which is basically the same game just with space ninjas instead of Halo eh is cool guy
Then it was some Battlefield title iirc
MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA WAS GONNA KILL IT GUYS
Then it was Infinite Warfare.
Then it was Wildlands.
Then it was Titanfall 2.
At some point Lawbreakers was gonna kill it

I can tell how hard a First Person Shooter title is going to fall over on its face these days by how much it gets marketed as, "A Destiny Killer."

(You forgot Anthem) :colbert:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Will destiny 2 be the destiny killer

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Lowness 72 posted:

Well if you wanna keep playing the game you'll need to get the expansions eventually. The vanilla game becomes pretty useless if it goes the same way as Destiny 1.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Pingiivi posted:

Well if you wanna keep playing the game you'll need to get the expansions eventually. The vanilla game becomes pretty useless if it goes the same way as Destiny 1.

Two other ways to see this:
- The game have a hidden monthly fee in the form of DLC's.
and (my favorite)
- The game have "seasons" , each DLC or big update change fundamental parts of how the game works, refresh the experience, add a lot of new stuff and remove a lot of stuff.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Waffle House posted:

I hope everyone at Bungie has filled a gymnasium in Seattle with $1 bills and is Scrooge McDucking it up atm

Sure, if they're upper management.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

lol

While the game's population can be somewhat cyclical because of how periodic content releases will naturally cause such, pleeeeeeease do not read too deeply into the /r/DestinyTheGame subreddit. On any given day it is 80-90% salt by volume, and a quick way to believe that Destiny: The Game is an IV bag or chemical dependency for some people/give yourself hypertension reading it.

Many games have killed Destiny so far during its lifespan:

First it was The Division. The Division was 100% totally gonna be a Destiny killer guys. Destiny is hosed.

Then it was CoD: Blops2.
Tom Clancy was gonna kill it.
Then it was Warframe, which is basically the same game just with space ninjas instead of Halo eh is cool guy
Then it was some Battlefield title iirc
MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA WAS GONNA KILL IT GUYS
Then it was Infinite Warfare.
Then it was Wildlands.
Then it was Titanfall 2.
At some point Lawbreakers was gonna kill it

I can tell how hard a First Person Shooter title is going to fall over on its face these days by how much it gets marketed as, "A Destiny Killer."

Reddit is hyperbolic but the game is in serious trouble dude. Turns out the best Destiny Killer was Destiny 2.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Like don't get me wrong. Destiny is a fun game and you should probably buy it. But it is also a bad game that learned nothing from end of life D1, and it is going to wither unless substantial changes are made. I'm not in the mood for another "3 year journey" after helping finance the previous one.

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

translation: if you don't like fun things and shooting different races of spacemans in their dumb faces, this game isn't for you

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Reddit is hyperbolic but the game is in serious trouble dude. Turns out the best Destiny Killer was Destiny 2.

The base game is too lacking in meaningful end game content. Its that simple. It's why destiny streamers are playing other games on stream except for when they raid.

Orv
May 4, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Like don't get me wrong. Destiny is a fun game and you should probably buy it. But it is also a bad game that learned nothing from end of life D1, and it is going to wither unless substantial changes are made. I'm not in the mood for another "3 year journey" after helping finance the previous one.

Maybe let the PC crowd form their own opinions on the game first.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i do respect a lot of what buff gay dude has to say tho. he has put in a lot of time in both games

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
24 hours to go, but I started the important part a bit early.

But Not Tonight posted:

That's fair, but I was thinking more along the lines of WoW expansion releases, and Overwatch.

Ah yes, the overwatch launch. It went exceedingly well.

Orv
May 4, 2011

eonwe posted:

i do respect a lot of what buff gay dude has to say tho. he has put in a lot of time in both games

He makes and has a lot of good points, but decrying a game that a lot of people will be coming in on without any baggage as already dead before they play it is just lovely. PC people will find the problems on their own without the doomsaying and then we'll all get to sit around to see what the December expansion does.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ya, i guess we'll just see how it goes. I may just take breaks eventually, but I'm the kind of person where when I'm tired of a game or waiting for more content i just go on to something else

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Orv posted:

He makes and has a lot of good points, but decrying a game that a lot of people will be coming in on without any baggage as already dead before they play it is just lovely. PC people will find the problems on their own without the doomsaying and then we'll all get to sit around to see what the December expansion does.

Some people need to learn hot things are hot by sticking their hands to them, yes. But in a thread where people are ostensibly falling over themselves for a 15% discount instead of 12% or some poo poo, such a warning should be gladly accepted.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Orv posted:

Let's only say good things about the game, sounds supremely smart

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
The game sure is less "grindy", but I find this a good thing, as I can now enjoy more games instead of logging every day to do the daily mission, farm resources and play some crucible (this was the only fun part).

I'm switching from PS4 to PC because of the PC advantages over consoles. Even though I did everything in D2 on PS4, I still want to do it over again on PC and play the expansions on PC. I'm really hoping Bungie fixes the issues with the game with the December expansion and they finally stop trying to make this game for esports. D1 Crucible was fun because of the mayhem and fun moments you could have on 6v6 either playing solo or with a fireteam. The shooting mechanics are still intact from D1, so they just need to tweak crucible a bit, it's not like they made a completely different PVP from D1.

I still think the best Destiny had to offer was The Taken King, that expansion had almost everything done right, wasn't the team that made TTK later switched to the development of D2? I don't know how they could possibly do the same mistakes that TTK fixed 2 years ago.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I think the irritation with ABGD's posts is that pretty much every single post he's made for the past few weeks has been some variation on "This game is good, BUT ALSO BAD". I mean, I appreciate that he wants new people to temper their expectations but goddamn dude, at some point enough is enough.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Idc the pvp that much, I enjoyed the pve a lot more in d1

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Say you wanted to do all the current PvE content at least once, what are you currently looking at in terms of hours played?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im gonna work on getting the loot and play a few rounds of crucible per play session i think

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

1stGear posted:

I think the irritation with ABGD's posts is that pretty much every single post he's made for the past few weeks has been some variation on "This game is good, BUT ALSO BAD". I mean, I appreciate that he wants new people to temper their expectations but goddamn dude, at some point enough is enough.

The real problem with D2 is that posting about it is the only endgame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

GUYS IM SO EXCITED

• Locked thread