Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Is there any way to turn off the Dark Soul "hard mode"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Is there any way to turn off the Dark Soul "hard mode"?

Reach level 101. I hit infinite HP enemies at level 21.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Garfu posted:

Seriously, play ITRTG with nox and Game Guardian at 20x speed. It's been pretty fun playing that way.

I'm interested in trying this but the whole Nox thing makes me a little antsy. Do you just use your regular Google credentials to access the Play store and install stuff or do you have some alternate method or what?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Ignoranus posted:

I'm interested in trying this but the whole Nox thing makes me a little antsy. Do you just use your regular Google credentials to access the Play store and install stuff or do you have some alternate method or what?

Yep you just log in with google, or make a new google account from your main just for games (that's what I did).

Nox is pretty easy to set up and works pretty well.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So i tried that Succubux game last night and got put in jail. I ignored the game for a while and it was like 20 minutes left of jail time when i turned off the computer and went to bed.
When starting up the game again today the jail timer is back to 1 hour.

Also i am probably not getting the joke, if it is a joke. You can buy loot boxes for $, clicking that button grants you loot boxes but also takes you to the literal paypal webpage. Is this all just some sort of meta joke i am not getting or is it possible to pay him actual $?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Ineptitude posted:

So i tried that Succubux game last night and got put in jail. I ignored the game for a while and it was like 20 minutes left of jail time when i turned off the computer and went to bed.
When starting up the game again today the jail timer is back to 1 hour.

Also i am probably not getting the joke, if it is a joke. You can buy loot boxes for $, clicking that button grants you loot boxes but also takes you to the literal paypal webpage. Is this all just some sort of meta joke i am not getting or is it possible to pay him actual $?

You could pay him if you wanted to, as a way of saying thank you, but the game just takes your word for it whether or not you actually paid.
There are a couple of crafting recipes that require you to click the buy button, then admit to not paying.

Also, put this in your console to end the jail
data.jailtimer = 5

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
At level 67 I was tearing along with the True Gun of Thyself, but then crafted a dark soul not realizing it would give mobs infinite HP. Infinite attack cannot surmount infinite HP, and I'm not sure how to proceed. I have workers buying and opening 2.45 trillion quantum loot boxes per tick, but my XP meter isn't moving at all. Have I hosed myself?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Solid Poopsnake posted:

At level 67 I was tearing along with the True Gun of Thyself, but then crafted a dark soul not realizing it would give mobs infinite HP. Infinite attack cannot surmount infinite HP, and I'm not sure how to proceed. I have workers buying and opening 2.45 trillion quantum loot boxes per tick, but my XP meter isn't moving at all. Have I hosed myself?

No, I did the same thing, you just need to open more loot boxes.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Eminai posted:

No, I did the same thing, you just need to open more loot boxes.

I, uh, neutron bombed the universe so no additional workers :smith:

It'd be dope as Hell if the game told you these things before you did them, but I suppose that would break the whole theme.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Solid Poopsnake posted:

I, uh, neutron bombed the universe so no additional workers :smith:

It'd be dope as Hell if the game told you these things before you did them, but I suppose that would break the whole theme.

You need to have workers in Space Exploration, Security, and Alien Resources to get new workers. I'm guessing you don't have anybody exploring space because the neutron bomb upgrade doesn't do that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, just put the minimum in everything else and split your remaining workers between Exploration and Security and you'll passively reach level 100 in an hour or two.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Oh poo poo, haha. I'm an idiot. Thanks, y'all.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Realm Grinder: I'm wrapping up R17 now. Is this a good time to grab Equality/W50? Also, when's good to do a Stoic Resistance run?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Toshimo posted:

Realm Grinder: I'm wrapping up R17 now. Is this a good time to grab Equality/W50? Also, when's good to do a Stoic Resistance run?

Stoic Resistance takes like 30 minutes at R35. It's basically impossible before R30 IIRC.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Toshimo posted:

I'm on r91 and never bothered with equality tbh

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Hm. My enemy health has been stuck on 52.42 fuckloadillion HP.

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Well, found out why! :v:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

ItRtG: major progress on my part! Doing my fourth AAC, and I finally completed my creation achievements before I finished my skill/kill achievements. Buying piles of create count probably helped there. Also I'm down to one skill left to one-cap, so that will speed things up as well. :toot:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Also, I've been getting these numbers at the start of the R, any idea what they mean?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
They're artifacts! :v:

They're just display bugs, don't worry about 'em. Once you get into auto-casting they'll be attached to gold/silver/bronze replay icons to tell you in which order the spells will be cast in.

EDIT: Divided Infinity by Infinity. Thanks Dark Soul! I am now fulfilled.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 24, 2017

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Equality is really really easy to get. Just wait til you can reincarnate, pick a time of day you can access a computer three days in a row for, reincarnate at that time of day and just rotate through the three alignments for one day each.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Ninth Layer posted:

Equality is really really easy to get. Just wait til you can reincarnate, pick a time of day you can access a computer three days in a row for, reincarnate at that time of day and just rotate through the three alignments for one day each.

I know it's easy, i just kept missing the timer the couple of times i tried to do it :shrug:

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Does restarting Succubox do anything at the very end? (I waited for infinity and the kickstarter/etc).

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Getting a wee bit tired of RG. Hit R75 yesterday and was looking forward to getting the game changed up a bit with Merc Research, after 15 reincarnations that have been exactly the same, but like all other paradigm shifts you get that stuff at the end of the reincarnation they unlock in. The game has felt so samey since R40, with so much repetitive/routine clicking required in the start of an abdication until you get towards the end of your current R and things slow down to a crawl. Every reincarnation seems to take me 2-3 days, with the first few hours requiring a ton of effort and attention.

Reincarnate - click buy all - buy neutral - click on bloodline button to open a new window to buy druid bl - use a few tax collections - buy titans - go to research screen - use the template - go back to the buy screen and use buy all again - spam more tax collections - buy dragon - set up all the spell autocasts - abdicate

Do this exact routine 4-5 times to get to E30+ gems, then replace titans with faceless in the above routine, and also use excavations after the second research purchases to unlock UD lineage (also hidden in a separate menu) then go back to the research screen for a third time to buy the researches you can now afford, then abdicate.

Do all of the above like 12-15 times and you are 2-3 magnitude away from being able to reincarnate and now it is time to wait for a day or two to be able to afford the highest spell tiers so you can get the last few gem magnitudes and reincarnate.

I wish all the routine got reduced a bit, either by making progress in the first ~8 abdications radically faster, or simply letting us start with gems (say half the magnitude required for reincarnation) or some other QOL changes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If I'm not playing RG for awhile, should I leave it on drow or faceless?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ineptitude posted:

Getting a wee bit tired of RG. Hit R75 yesterday and was looking forward to getting the game changed up a bit with Merc Research, after 15 reincarnations that have been exactly the same, but like all other paradigm shifts you get that stuff at the end of the reincarnation they unlock in. The game has felt so samey since R40, with so much repetitive/routine clicking required in the start of an abdication until you get towards the end of your current R and things slow down to a crawl. Every reincarnation seems to take me 2-3 days, with the first few hours requiring a ton of effort and attention.

Reincarnate - click buy all - buy neutral - click on bloodline button to open a new window to buy druid bl - use a few tax collections - buy titans - go to research screen - use the template - go back to the buy screen and use buy all again - spam more tax collections - buy dragon - set up all the spell autocasts - abdicate

Do this exact routine 4-5 times to get to E30+ gems, then replace titans with faceless in the above routine, and also use excavations after the second research purchases to unlock UD lineage (also hidden in a separate menu) then go back to the research screen for a third time to buy the researches you can now afford, then abdicate.

Do all of the above like 12-15 times and you are 2-3 magnitude away from being able to reincarnate and now it is time to wait for a day or two to be able to afford the highest spell tiers so you can get the last few gem magnitudes and reincarnate.

I wish all the routine got reduced a bit, either by making progress in the first ~8 abdications radically faster, or simply letting us start with gems (say half the magnitude required for reincarnation) or some other QOL changes.

What I do in that situation is pick some spells to level up then put the game down for a week or two.

Synthbuttrange posted:

If I'm not playing RG for awhile, should I leave it on drow or faceless?

I'd recommend Faceless.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Ineptitude posted:

I'm coming up on the same grind. What dragface research build are you using?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Twitch posted:

What I do in that situation is pick some spells to level up then put the game down for a week or two.

Been doing this several times already :) Most spells are at Tier 6.

Merijn posted:

I'm coming up on the same grind. What dragface research build are you using?

The new one for Faceless R70-R75 up on G00fball webpage. (can't link from work)

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Ah, ok. I'm just coming up on R56 and for some reason there's no guidance at all for faceless builds until you hit R60. I guess either it doesn't matter or the website isn't updated for the A2 update.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Up until 60 it was Titans/dragons with druid BL, from fresh reincarnation and until next reincarnation. At 60 it was time to do the dragon challenges then do Titans to e30 gems and Faceless after.

The newest R70-R75 faceless build in G00f's webpage requires you to excavate a bit so you can get the 400 exchanges required for Lineage. Before this update i used a build that breezed through the FC requirements but was slighly lower production (though enough to get to R72)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I used the same build at the start of every R (Titans) for e0-e33 gems from R70 to R91, with minor variations from R60 and now there's another modified one for after getting the Veteran Figurine

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
If you look on the g00f wiki, the Thor build (R90-99) has a little gimmick you can play with to speed through some stuff late. I got through R96 in 45 minutes. Just try to set up everything, Merc build, Research build, spell tiers bought, FC exchanges, only having built Deep Mines, and get everything else casting but Lightning Strike. Spam LS all the way up to the max tier you have for it and you've got about 40 seconds to buy every other building, Buy All upgrades, and bask in the guaranteed-most-productive-building struck income til it runs out. Rinse and repeat.

Edit: OR wait and see if the next forecasted hit is Mines as well and just keep on truckin. OR if it's within the next two or three hits, Cloud save and reload so you don't have to wait 11 minutes between casts.

Buzkashi fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 24, 2017

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Buzkashi posted:

If you look on the g00f wiki, the Thor build (R90-99) has a little gimmick you can play with to speed through some stuff late. I got through R96 in 45 minutes. Just try to set up everything, Merc build, Research build, spell tiers bought, FC exchanges, only having built Deep Mines, and get everything else casting but Lightning Strike. Spam LS all the way up to the max tier you have for it and you've got about 40 seconds to buy every other building, Buy All upgrades, and bask in the guaranteed-most-productive-building struck income til it runs out. Rinse and repeat.

I just realized this :cool:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
What’s the recommended build speed for every 20,000 clones in ITRTG? 200%? I’ve got 120,000 clones right now, 315% creation speed, 880% build speed, and 4 CC. (Also, Improved Next At, but that’s a given.)

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

For RG, I'm on the last little bit of 75 and doing spell tiers for a while. Gonna get everything to 6 I think. Did Beard Carpet as well. After I do all the spells I have right now there's just three to go so I'll probably whip up another merc build to get at those. Might try for Stoic Resistance as well. It'll be Evil I think so might get Diabolical Evil too. Also doing some offline time as well but I don't really have a target for that. And then Perk Challenges, there's a few that are gonna need a gimmick build I reckon

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/Orteil42/status/922852733438382085

Time to idle forever

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

ZZT the Fifth posted:

What’s the recommended build speed for every 20,000 clones in ITRTG? 200%? I’ve got 120,000 clones right now, 315% creation speed, 880% build speed, and 4 CC. (Also, Improved Next At, but that’s a given.)
175% (the easy way to remember is that that's 50 GP, same as 20k clones), but keep in mind you need to add 100 to the number on your GP screen to get your total build speed.

EDIT: The formula I use to calculate desired build speed bonus from clone count is: ((clones / 4000) * 35) - 100

This really just boils down to "spend an equal amount of GP on build speed and clone cap," and that maximizes your build speed, and not everything you use clones on is influenced by build speed, so it makes sense to keep clones ahead. Of course, unless you're in a challenge that prevents you from using monuments or divinity you probably have 90%+ of your clones building things, so they should only be a little bit ahead.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 24, 2017

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

but can it do procedurally generated idle roguelites?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oenis posted:

but can it do procedurally generated idle roguelites?

Unfortunately it does not seem you can mimic my favorite dark souls game, Cuphead, just yet

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Is it me or are you expecting something more out of this like it's actually a hidden game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Uh, isn't Idle Game Maker like four years old? Isn't that what Wall Destroyer and the Mario one, Coin Clicker or whatever were made in?