Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Thaddius the Large posted:

My wife’s actually with you on this (she is Mexican after all), after that is where things go south. We’ve now moved on to arguing whether cheesecake is cake or pie. I get what she means, it doesn’t have flour in it or anything, but cake is right there in the name!

It's got a crust; it's a pie. If it were a cake, it would win your "best cake" contest walking away, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

My wife’s actually with you on this (she is Mexican after all), after that is where things go south. We’ve now moved on to arguing whether cheesecake is cake or pie. I get what she means, it doesn’t have flour in it or anything, but cake is right there in the name!

Ask her if a hotdog is a sandwhich?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
a pizza is an open-faced sandwich

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

What happened with Barstool sports again? I only ever read PFCommentator on there and sorta assumed the rest was evil just on the strength of them being Boston sports fans, but I remember it being bad.

Also, Hey, ESPN, if you don't want a show associated with a poison brand, don't put that brand in the title of the show.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cake is for children and poors

pie is where it's at

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Skwirl posted:

What happened with Barstool sports again? I only ever read PFCommentator on there and sorta assumed the rest was evil just on the strength of them being Boston sports fans, but I remember it being bad.

Also, Hey, ESPN, if you don't want a show associated with a poison brand, don't put that brand in the title of the show.

This was just last week:

https://deadspin.com/barstool-sports-asked-potential-employee-to-sign-away-h-1819375626

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

Remember sports by Brooks? Barstool as a whole is like that except even creepier. They're very bro-ey, misogynist, etc.

There's a reason people want to see PFTCommentor & BigCat just walk away from them, but I'd guess those guys are probably worried they won't have the creative control Barstool gives them since barstool just doesn't give a gently caress.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 24, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

What about Boston Cream Pie?

I mean it's also right there in the name but that thing is a cake.

Not too interested in discussion Brady's wedding night

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

Not too interested in discussion Brady's wedding night

you mean like the cream is his semen and the pie is Gisele's vagina?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

swickles posted:

I’m told it’s not, it’s a dogwhich.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Carrot cake is garbage, whose only conceivable use is as a barely acceptable vehicle for a well made cream cheese frosting.

You say carrot cake is garbage and then proceed to outline why it owns; I don't understand.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Oh that's right. For fucks sake, how hard is it to not harass women? A bunch of Bros seem to be worried about anti harassment measures cracking down on people just for the occasional off color joke, but all the news stories are about poo poo that's so much worse.

Like, you probably shouldn't be reciting limericks about the man from Nantucket at work, but that's not why Harvey Weinstein made headlines.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Carrot cake is garbage, whose only conceivable use is as a barely acceptable vehicle for a well made cream cheese frosting.

Spittin truths here

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Of course it's Kansas city strip now. No one ever calls it that outside of KC u less they're making GBS threads on it.

Also lol its not a ribeye but it's still a good steak.

I've got a hankering to get a nice hunk of London Broil, crust it it up with salt, pepper and rosemary, then roast it to med rare.

Sliced thin across the grain and I have sandwiches for days.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If all you want is the cream cheese frosting then eat a red velvet

No Butt Stuff posted:

Of course it's Kansas city strip now. No one ever calls it that outside of KC u less they're making GBS threads on it.

Also lol its not a ribeye but it's still a good steak.

I've got a hankering to get a nice hunk of London Broil, crust it it up with salt, pepper and rosemary, then roast it to med rare.

Sliced thin across the grain and I have sandwiches for days.

It was a joke because I was responding to a KC poster, and I clarified that like the next post and said it was flat iron

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Also lemon cake supremecy. With a cheese based frosting

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

If all you want is the cream cheese frosting then eat a red velvet

It was a joke because I was responding to a KC poster, and I clarified that like the next post and said it was flat iron

Sry bro already flew into a murderous rage.

I use flat iron steaks for fajitas.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

Cake is for children and poors

pie is where it's at

Statements like this is why I confuse you with Crazy

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Statements like this is why I confuse you with Crazy

it's funny cause I was actually raised in mobile homes lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

From wiki:

quote:

According to the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, the steak is marketed under various names, including Ambassador Steak, Boneless Club Steak, Hotel-Style Steak, Kansas City Steak, New York Steak, and Veiny Steak

Who the gently caress calls it anything but a New York or Kansas City strip?

Veiny Steak does not sound like something that is good.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Sounds like a terrible pickup line.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at my work's cafeteria. For free. Am I the problem?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

seiferguy posted:

I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at my work's cafeteria. For free. Am I the problem?

you're only the problem if you didn't take a poo poo on company time too

take all you can

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Nah, sometimes you just need food in your food hole.

The problem is people who have serious opinions about lovely fast food burgers (Dick's is better than In and Out, and Five Guys can rot in hell).

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Best cut of beef for me these days is skirt steak

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

it's funny cause I was actually raised in mobile homes lol

Yeah if I recall you saw some poo poo haha

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

seiferguy posted:

By choice or necessity? The former is fine, the latter is worrisome.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

From wiki:

Who the gently caress calls it anything but a New York or Kansas City strip?

Veiny Steak does not sound like something that is good.

Waiter I'll have the veiny steak

Yes you heard me

I don't think NY steak is meant to imply it's NY strip

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Best cut of beef for me these days is skirt steak

It’s just so versatile.

You can do like a fun meat appetizer with a good chimichuri or just inhale the loving thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Intruder posted:

Waiter I'll have the veiny steak

Yes you heard me

I don't think NY steak is meant to imply it's NY strip

I think NY Steak is meant to imply NY Strip while being legally distinct.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Boneless club steak makes it sound like you got 50 lbs of it for $75 from CostCo

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
NY Strip is my favorite cut. Got a nice pack of prime strips from costco a few weeks back and have been slowly eating through them.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s just so versatile.

You can do like a fun meat appetizer with a good chimichuri or just inhale the loving thing.

Heh, was that intentional?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Nice daycrew-ery fellas

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I remember when skirt steak was dirt cheap before fajitas became so popular. It used to be like $2.50 a lb

All my garbage foods that are delicious have gotten too expensive. Crawfish too, used to be like $3/lb everywhere then after Katrina devastated the farms the price went way up, then stayed there when the farms recovered because they realized people would pay it

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Neil Armbong posted:

NY Strip is my favorite cut. Got a nice pack of prime strips from costco a few weeks back and have been slowly eating through them.

bone in ribeye

dry aged ribeye from Smith and Wollenskys was so good I didn't grill for like a month afterwards

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

bone in ribeye

Free beef tenderloin at Bisteca at my office Christmas party last year spoiled me

Oh my god

Also basically endless wine because they ordered bottles based on RSVPs and only half the people showed

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Heh, was that intentional?

should have said devour.

people please don't snort meat.

also my night shift just got cancelled. time to start drinking and killing some orcs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

should have said devour.

people please don't snort meat.

also my night shift just got cancelled. time to start drinking and killing some orcs.

Oh I meant because skirt steak is the muscle tissue that forms the diaphragm of the cow.

• Locked thread