Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hexenritter posted:

What are people's thoughts on cheese inside their hotdogs?

I got some oscar mayer cheese dogs a little while ago because I hadn't had them since I was a kid and I loved them then.

There's one happy memory ruined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Oh well, as long as regular-rear end discord voice comms work.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m cool with my $90 purchase giving me between 30-40 hours of gameplay every two months, but Ive also been playing Diablo 3 since launch, so I understand that sometimes you just can’t go any higher

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Republicans posted:

I got some oscar mayer cheese dogs a little while ago because I hadn't had them since I was a kid and I loved them then.

There's one happy memory ruined.

Thank you for taking the bullet for 6 year old past me.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

If you can't enjoy a cheese hotdog as an adult like a couple times a year what the gently caress are you even doing?

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Capntastic posted:

I don't think anyone submitted anything for the contest I was doing so if anyone wants Rockstar Destiny codes PM me

I've had an idea for one but have been too lazy to execute, I will get right on it when I have a few minutes

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Guys... the rockstar codes literally get you trash blues, focus on assembling tasty tube meat

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Guys... the rockstar codes literally get you trash blues, focus on assembling tasty tube meat

I'm still hoping to spur some good art and I don't mind giving away accrued garbage to friends while they "chomp" on dogs

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Can I put a blue trash emblem on my hotdog?!

So like, catsup (triggered?) and mustard and relish and blue engram trashpile and diced onions.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Why would you put corn syrup on a hot dog fam

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So real talk, I’m gonna post my meal tomorrow. Yes it’s a hotdog.

Yes it’s from http://www.datdog.com

Yes it’s probably:

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
I think abgd has valid points, not sure why he's the villain of the thread. I preordered this game for PC but I share the same concerns. I'm perplexed as to why the loot system was changed. I thought it gave the first game a decent amount of depth. Its also strange that things like artifacts have been apparently removed.

I put about 400 hours into the first game over a 2 year period which I felt like was a good investment. A lot of that time was spent grinding out better loot which may not appeal to everyone but I don't think it was necessary for every player to enjoy or progress the game.

I bought D2 because its a coop FPS first and a dungeon crawler second. I feel like abgd's assessment is that its fine as a spaceman shooting game, but the expectations were clearly higher and Bungie hasn't delivered on those expectations yet. Hopefully they will in an update!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I agree with ABGD just not as aggressively

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOoHM7oUOM

Datto is one of the more prominent dudes in the PVE destiny community so the video is worth a watch if you are brand new.

I play on PS4 and I really enjoy the game but basically agree with everything ABGD is saying. You should be able to get 100-150+ hours of fun(which is really good for a AAA title imo) from the game beyond that not so much, the first DLC should change that. Most of the saltiness/complaints come from people who dropped over 1000+ hours in D1 over 3 years, I think alot of us(me included) expected the same thing out of the gate and it just didn't happen. The game is great and you will enjoy it.

Anyway during the campaign you get a choice of an exotic weapon from a vendor and pickup sunshot you will not be disappointed.

texaholic fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 24, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yo also this game has some of the worst water I've seen in a modern videogame

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Severed posted:

I bought D2 because its a coop FPS first and a dungeon crawler second. I feel like abgd's assessment is that its fine as a spaceman shooting game, but the expectations were clearly higher and Bungie hasn't delivered on those expectations yet. Hopefully they will in an update!

Basically this. If you don't care about pvp it's pretty easy to say "dang it's not great but it's fun for a while and I probably got my money's worth. Hopefully they can fix this poo poo." but imho the guys who made Halo 3 should be better than that.

If you care about pvp you should be :kingsley:

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
D2 is great, it gave me more than a hundred hours of gameplay, same as D1 and it's expansions, but one thing has to be addressed: PVP. Bungie trying to push this as an esports game (Activision may have a hand in this) really impacted the fun factor of Destiny PVP for the worse. I still bought the PC version even though I had the PS4 version because of the PC improvements and the game is actually fun to play with friends/goons/randos and I hope they fix some of the issues in PVP with the next expansion and not wait until next September's new expansion to tackle them.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Norns posted:

lol i don't think we're gonna worry about graphics on pc. the beta was one of the best looking games I've ever played. it's criminal that d1 wasn't released on pc, really. what a waste.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Still looking for a clan? We've got 45 spots still in CD69: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupid=2735967

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Zo posted:

lol i don't think we're gonna worry about graphics on pc. the beta was one of the best looking games I've ever played. it's criminal that d1 wasn't released on pc, really. what a waste.

I know. It's only one area. But it drives me insane

WATER DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So real talk, I’m gonna post my meal tomorrow. Yes it’s a hotdog.

Yes it’s from http://www.datdog.com

Yes it’s probably:

Kinda want a HOT DOG now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

AAB posted:

Still looking for a clan? We've got 45 spots still in CD69: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupid=2735967

Join this guys. Jesus we filled up 55 spots in 1 day.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
OK great works of art sometimes take some time but it's done before the game came out. I didn't play Dest1ny but I put that 2 hour long lore video on in the background so I'm p sure I at least know enough to get that the master chief riding a sparrow hookin up the traveler with a delivery dog is canon-ish:

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

PC is going to be so good. I'm gonna buy 10,000 dust so I can buy everything from the eververse.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

ahahahahaha welcome

WELCOME

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Just got back with hotdogs.
Ready for tomorrow.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pictured above, anonymous goon (ICR THE WONDERFUL SUN GOD) poses with his meal that will feed his entire family of one.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Stop putting catsup on loving hotdogs you animals!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Norns posted:

see i agree but im unclear on what constitutes a proper dog

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
are the microtransactions cool this time? i still have so much bnet balance left from diablo 3 with nothing on the horizon to spend it on (even setting aside another $100 or so for d2 expansions)

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Norns posted:

Guardians kill hive gods and vex timelords but drown in 3 feet of water.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Norns posted:

I swear to god that I think 80% of the reason why I love ketchup so much is that people told me when I was little that "In Chicago we DONT put ketchup on hotdogs!!"
This is somehow related to shooting people as a space wizard thing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Norns posted:

Did you not finish? There's some really cool set pieces near the end of the campaign

Yeah I'm leaving it for the PC version though, since I double-dipped. I mean I saw enough good stuff in D2 to give it the benefit of the doubt, my only real mistake is getting impatient and getting it on a platform I didn't really enjoy playing it on.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I bought the game even with my reservations - if I get 50-60 hours out of a game + DLCs later on then it's fine with me. I "only" got 150 hours outta the original w/ expacs so 50-60 out of the base is good with me. Plus, Mario and Wolfenstein come out this week too.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Xarbala posted:

Yeah I'm leaving it for the PC version though, since I double-dipped. I mean I saw enough good stuff in D2 to give it the benefit of the doubt, my only real mistake is getting impatient and getting it on a platform I didn't really enjoy playing it on.

Nice! Your eyeballs are in for a treat

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Zo posted:

are the microtransactions cool this time? i still have so much bnet balance left from diablo 3 with nothing on the horizon to spend it on (even setting aside another $100 or so for d2 expansions)

The stuff is all decorative and is pretty neat. Emotes, shaders, sparrows, ships, exotic weapon skins, bright dust for the Tess store.

The thing you should watch out for in your bright engrams is an exotic sparrow. They're the fastest by a small margin and I guess that comes in handy during SRL, which usually happens around Christmas time.

I got one fairly quickly but as always with RNG, ymmv

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Norns posted:

I know. It's only one area. But it drives me insane

WATER DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY

If you are talking about titan. I'm not sure, but I think that is actually not water.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Pigbottom posted:

If you are talking about titan. I'm not sure, but I think that is actually not water.

Yeah Titan

What the hell is it then?!

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I keep giving ABGD a hard time because he pops up twice a page with “It’s poo poo!” Every fifth to tenth page he elaborates that it’s actually pretty good for 100 or so hours.

For 98% of the people who buy the game 100 hours is going to take them to February. At which point (or earlier) they will wander off for something else like normal people and be quite happy with their experience.

All ABGD is doing is scaring people for whom his warnings are not intended. The people looking for D2 to hold their hand and comfort them into their golden years are likely already well aware of the issues because they are that kind of person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I didn't write this, but I would have

Gameinformer's Destiny 2: Season 1 Report Card

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/10/23/destiny-2-the-season-one-report-card.aspx

• Locked thread