Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

I have a can still frozen, sadly in the last couple years it's ruptured and is slowly leaking. :rip: The Last OK Soda

I never actually saw Ok Soda in the wild, sadly, but I love the can design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Huh, Pepsi Fire had existed before. I had a bottle of it at some point this year but apparently it was a limited time only. I liked it because I like cinnamon.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

Huh, Pepsi Fire had existed before. I had a bottle of it at some point this year but apparently it was a limited time only. I liked it because I like cinnamon.

I've never saw either of them anywhere. :smith:

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
Did anyone here ever find or even see a GameGear TV tuner? My parents and 2 sets of family friends scoured Toronto and New York for them multiple times from 92-94 and no one ever found one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bamabalacha posted:

Did anyone here ever find or even see a GameGear TV tuner? My parents and 2 sets of family friends scoured Toronto and New York for them multiple times from 92-94 and no one ever found one.

For what it's worth, they do exist and they're quite cheap nowadays.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

For what it's worth, they do exist and they're quite cheap nowadays.

Oh yeah, I know they're real, they just never seemed to be stocked in stores or they'd have two and sell out instantly or something. That basically made it my 90s white whale.

I got rid of my GameGear like 15 years ago though.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
I have nearly every Nintendo Power from 1990-1997. If I get some time I will post some of the terrible gen-x themed ads.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eBn1z7i2u4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBhm8kMVMVc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAjdeM8_gxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWKOUh0V-DI

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15qmRzn2Pc

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That kid with the Gameboy carrying case is an absolute maniac. He's a murderer, a psychopath and needs to be put down.

He has AT LEAST two copies of Daedalian Opus.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/911244389854466054

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Iron Crowned posted:

I like it on paper, but to me it just tasted like someone dumped a spoonful of cinnamon in a bottle of pepsi. It seemed like it killed the carbonation to.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pneub posted:

I like it on paper, but to me it just tasted like someone dumped a spoonful of cinnamon in a bottle of pepsi. It seemed like it killed the carbonation to.

It's like Fireball without the alcohol.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Bamabalacha posted:

My friend and I both had game gears (I still have mine somewhere) and he lent me his tv tuner. My abiding memory is trying to tune it to the watch red heat whilst under the duvet after I'd been sent to bed.

Also the best game was shinobi or master system sonic.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the only thing i can remember about the orbitz drinkz is that it was like paying $2.99 for a lovely sugar beverage that also included congealed cumdrops going down your throat

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roosevelt posted:

the only thing i can remember about the orbitz drinkz is that it was like paying $2.99 for a lovely sugar beverage that also included congealed cumdrops going down your throat

I remember seeing them in the stores, but I just laughed and bought Surge instead.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bamabalacha posted:

They wouldn't even work anymore, right? All airwaves TV is on digital now, instead of analog.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Zaphod42 posted:

They wouldn't even work anymore, right? All airwaves TV is on digital now, instead of analog.

Yep. The Game Gear TV tuner stopped working on June 11th, 2009. You'd need to buy a DTV converter box and somehow hook it up to the Game Gear TV tuner for it to work now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Yep. The Game Gear TV tuner stopped working on June 11th, 2009. You'd need to buy a DTV converter box and somehow hook it up to the Game Gear TV tuner for it to work now.

In theory you could feed the signal coming out of the DTV into the antenna or replace the antenna with a cable... and it should work. But yeah.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know some nerd probably has it working.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Weren't OK Soda supposedly crap?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I've heard different opinions.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They were ok.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skipopatomus posted:

They were ok.

:golfclap:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Randaconda posted:

I remember seeing them in the stores, but I just laughed and bought Surge instead.

The best 90s drink was Mistic. You were a real baller if you bought one of those on the way home from middle school instead of like, a candy bar or something.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

ElwoodCuse posted:

The best 90s drink was Mistic. You were a real baller if you bought one of those on the way home from middle school instead of like, a candy bar or something.

Nah, man. I was all about the Jolt Cola. Twice the caffeine, all the sugar.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Neito posted:

Definitely, buying a Jolt felt like we were getting away with buying beer, when in reality no one gave a poo poo.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked Citra.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Definitely, buying a Jolt felt like we were getting away with buying beer, when in reality no one gave a poo poo.

One of the many, many school yard recipes my hooligan friend in middle school came up with for getting high included Jolt, and I remember roaming around town with him one afternoon trying to find some. He swore up and down it was just like booze.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Neito posted:

I was just talking to a co-worker earlier today about how the movie Hackers really nailed the 90s style of computer nerds, and I summarized it by saying "Jolt Cola and Cigarettes everywhere"

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Randaconda posted:

You know some nerd probably has it working.

from less than a week ago:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-tuIFYkDDVA

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

For 90s content, check out these extremely 90s music videos and try to figure out what they have in common

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E

They both have Ben Stiller oh 90s

Nice

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Oct 23, 2017

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Speaking of ok soda I Rember it tasting like when you mixed all the different fountain pops together. Some kids claimed that's what it actually was.

One kid at my school, when buying a can from the pop machine, got a case instead containing an OK soda hat and enough money to buy another pop.

I wonder know if he was just bullshitting any ever hear of something like that.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Speaking of ok soda I Rember it tasting like when you mixed all the different fountain pops together. Some kids claimed that's what it actually was.

One kid at my school, when buying a can from the pop machine, got a case instead containing an OK soda hat and enough money to buy another pop.

It's mentioned on the Wiki page.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tuIFYkDDVA

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This sperg has some good episodes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

OK Soda had some innovative marketing techniques, so I don't discount that. Around me a plastic "sock" with 4 cans of OK, coupons, stickers, and a "viewer" would show up on your front door knob.

The "viewer" was a piece of black double thick paper with a hole in it that said something along the lines of "Drink OK Soda and look through here to see that everything is going to be OK."

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Neito posted:

I remember Josta and the absurd amount of sugar it contained. Made your mouth feel like you had been drinking paint.

Good times.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Really dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

PhotoKirk posted:

I remember Josta and the absurd amount of sugar it contained. Made your mouth feel like you had been drinking paint.

Good times.

Oh my god I was just talking to my boss about Josta today, what are the odds