Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
n-nasus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Servaetes posted:

Guess the champion

new page repostin

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
support ornn, thanks bud.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

gonna go withhhh tank ekko top

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Bard

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Servaetes posted:

new page repostin

Cho'Gath

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
teemo

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Galio.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Servaetes posted:

guess the champion

Tank Corki

Gangplank

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

remember when you could hit H during Sion ult to pause and change directions

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Urgot

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My first thought as well.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

As someone that mainly plays Support and a couple of ADCs, what's something I can get not-Bronze 5 in Twisted Treeline with?

lolalytics seems to think Taric, Brand or Xin Zhao might be decent? I can sort of play those 3.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

VodeAndreas posted:

As someone that mainly plays Support and a couple of ADCs, what's something I can get not-Bronze 5 in Twisted Treeline with?

lolalytics seems to think Taric, Brand or Xin Zhao might be decent? I can sort of play those 3.

Kayle?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

So what's the best skill build for jungle Amumu? A friend told me to max W first then Q then E, but I've seen guides that max W->E->Q, as well as E->Q->W or E->W->Q.

All of these seem viable but is there an "accepted" build, does it depend on the matchup, or what?

Elman fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Oct 24, 2017

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I can play Kayle as much as right click on things and ult before I die - but don't play it much.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VodeAndreas posted:

After failing with some champions I "know", I got my TT gold this season by solo-queue spamming Morgana. I haven't touched Morgana in years.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i play better while listening to lil pump. i was losing my kindred game until lil pump came on then i started winning

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Work Friend Keven posted:

support ornn, thanks bud.

Closest guess, but the correct answer was toplane Ornn.

He was "testing something" against a Teemo

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Elman posted:

So what's the best skill build for jungle Amumu? A friend told me to max W first then Q then E, but I've seen guides that max W->E->Q, as well as E->Q->W or E->W->Q.

All of these seem viable but is there an "accepted" build, does it depend on the matchup, or what?

I go E>W>Q, because I use the E for jungle clearing, then W once I've got going and won't have constant mana issues from using it.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

lol

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the jackson pollock style of champion builds

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if it's possible to get enough games to use the monte carlo method for item builds before the items radically change

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

pog boyfriend posted:

the jackson pollock style of champion builds

lol

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
What's the thing to do as Swain? I haven't ever cared about the champ before, but I'd like to give him a chance since he's free again this week.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Servaetes posted:

You've gotta be kidding me.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
saying 'just gonna test something out here' as soon as the game starts is the best possible way to freak your entire team out. i do recommend it

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Vonnie posted:

What's the thing to do as Swain? I haven't ever cared about the champ before, but I'd like to give him a chance since he's free again this week.

Turn on your ult and walk at people, mostly. He's a pretty straightforward champ. He's getting the next full rework though so anything you learn about him now is going to be irrelevant in a few months.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Rengar turns into a race car in his new skin

e: on second viewing it appears to be the batmobile

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
'i feed in a racing car. do YOU?'

'i feed in bot lane with my wife.'

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Elman posted:

W max seems terrible, the damage increase is pretty weak for every rank up, there's no decreased cooldown with ranks, it provides very little damage in ganks and E is significantly better for killing camps that aren't red/blue buff/dragon. Q max is really strong for ganking, E max is fine for farming. Depends on how you want to play Amumu and how receptive your lanes are for ganks. I pretty much always Q max, then E, then W.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

Rengar turns into a race car in his new skin

e: on second viewing it appears to be the batmobile

:catdrugs:

https://twitter.com/LoLGermany/status/922794804550832128

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Elman posted:

max e. even if you gank a lot your ganks with ult are so potent that being able to farm often and being able to guarantee ganks should be enough to keep you going strong. and as for accepted build... most people like to get cinderhulk. you can go ap amumu if you know what you are doing, but that requires you to be on top of your poo poo and it falls off past 35-40 minutes so beware. AP amumu always gets liandries, usually right after jungle item. you can build that on tank amumu too just because it is the best amumu item.

E-Q-W is my order but Q-E-W works if you want to play amumu as an aggressive jungler, personally my style is closer to meteos style jungling so i like the E-Q-W for farming, but adjust to your own playstyle preferences. sorcs for damage, otherwise mobis most the time on amumu, unless you are playing against an all-1-damage type team comp, in which case pick the boots that beat that. rod of ages is too slow as a jungle item but some high elo players like to tinker with it when they play amumu because theoretically it is super good... it does not work out that way. iceborn is alright on him, abyssal mask is amazing, and rylais is pretty good. amumu is very flexible in item builds so unless you are going AP, just tank up to counter their team.

you always want to gank early as amumu because his ganks are very strong, you will burn a flash most of the time. if the enemy has a no mobility lane camp that lane because they will get extremely salty. and remember: if you have valour in your heart you will get morellonomicon. abyssal + morello + blue buff = 40% CDR, and virtually limitless mana. also, morello is the most winning amumu item that is not complete random poo poo(infinity edge amumu has the highest winrate item because if your amumu is building infinity edge you already won the game)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This is going to be another Pug'maw situation where I never stop being angry that they didn't call the skin Rencar isn't it.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lovechop posted:

'i feed in a racing car. do YOU?'

'i feed in bot lane with my waifu.'

Missed opportunity

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Servaetes posted:

I knew it wan an ornn by the buy timings + buys that were one random small item

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
eh gently caress it

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 24, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Like if you ever see a buy history where someone inexplicably buys a mana crystal and nothing else it’s either ornn or level 15.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

new page repostin

Obligatory response on Yashichi's behalf: Why cull?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Mikujin posted:

Obligatory response on Yashichi's behalf: Why cull?

Yashichi managed to forget to say his famous catchphrase "why cull" during that entire game

Also i think all of those early buys were in base, ornn died a LOT and there's red wards + corrupting potion in there too lol

• Locked thread