Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

No Safe Word posted:

Just open the door without exposing yourself to a shot and chuck a nade in.

That would work too. The door was already open too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Ice Fist posted:

I died to a bathroom camper in the most embarrassing way last night. Had good gear, suppressed AR and kar98, got in the top 10, Had a few kills, but nothing major. Went to a one story building - the kind with one room and just a bathroom - and I go "I saw a guy moving this way earlier I bet he's here" so I went to the bathroom to clear it. Because I'm really bad, even with my educated guess that someone was there and therefore anticipating it I still jumped in my seat when I saw the guy hiding behind the door and died. He had the most basic gear possible. I was super pissed at myself for my reaction.

Next time I'm shooting the door.

prefire as you enter the room, it's what I do and I manage to kill whoever is in there 99% of the time. even if you poo poo yourself and jump, you're still spraying and it's bound to kill them. and since you're prefiring, you get like 1 second of landing hits on them before they react. most people I do this to don't even shoot back before they're dead. just gotta be hard and fast so they poo poo themselves as much as you do.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

It was a joke guys. I've never went prone in a bathtub in my entire pubg career.

I did get my first ever chicken dinner this past weekend thanks to goons in discord being much better than I am though.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

You can shoot the bottom half of a door off and underhand lob a grenade in there too. Then they have to open the door to escape, losing time and letting you swap back to your gun.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Ice Fist posted:

That would work too. The door was already open too.

I would have shut the door from around the corner and kept going.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Is there something built into this game to stop steam friends from joining the same solo game?

A few friends and I tried to all get into the same Solo FPP game last night (not to team up but to go against each other) by hitting the play button at the same time but we could never get into the same game.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

kiwid posted:

Is there something built into this game to stop steam friends from joining the same solo game?

A few friends and I tried to all get into the same Solo FPP game last night (not to team up but to go against each other) by hitting the play button at the same time but we could never get into the same game.

There’s hundreds of thousands if not millions of people playing simultaneously at any given point.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Rex-Goliath posted:

There’s hundreds of thousands if not millions of people playing simultaneously at any given point.

It begs the question how some of these stream snipers get into streamer games with astonishing regularity. I often see Wadu get into several of shroud's games in a row.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Kamikaze Raider posted:

It begs the question how some of these stream snipers get into streamer games with astonishing regularity. I often see Wadu get into several of shroud's games in a row.

I imagine there are fewer rounds playing at those types of skill levels so it's easier to do. Watching chocotaco sometimes it can take a couple of minutes just to match.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I imagine there are fewer rounds playing at those types of skill levels so it's easier to do. Watching chocotaco sometimes it can take a couple of minutes just to match.

Then I guess the next question would be how do they maintain their rating, or do they even need to maintain it? Continuing to use Wadu as an example, all he ever does is find shroud, repeat his catchphrase and die. I don't think he even picks up a weapon. So, how is he able to maintain his rating to be high enough to be in shroud's bracket? Wouldn't he have to play a bunch of games to offset all his no-kill losses?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Then I guess the next question would be how do they maintain their rating, or do they even need to maintain it? Continuing to use Wadu as an example, all he ever does is find shroud, repeat his catchphrase and die. I don't think he even picks up a weapon. So, how is he able to maintain his rating to be high enough to be in shroud's bracket? Wouldn't he have to play a bunch of games to offset all his no-kill losses?

evidence that the game doesn't really bother doing much matchmaking

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

kiwid posted:

I've never had problems getting one or two friends in to a game, but can't make it consistent. If we're waiting for a fourth for squads we'll often do a solo warmup round and try to get in the same game so we can hunt each other. More often than not we can get two out of three in the same game, but rarely do we get all three.

Matchmaking doesn't seem to play much of a factor either because I'm objectively bad and I often end up getting in the same game as a friend who's consistently top 1000.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Kamikaze Raider posted:

He gets pretty far in those games and placement affects rating heavily.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

kiwid posted:

I don't know at all what your intentions are, but just be aware that you can get banned for teaming

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I think a lot of stream snipers are just opportunistic and just do it when they see a streamers name pop up in the kill feed. They might see that shroud is killing people and then tune into their stream and start hunting.

It also is a numbers game because these streamers have like 20k people watching and even if 1% of them try to snipe, that's still going to be a considerable amount.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Quick, Vice, do an economy of stream sniping featurette!

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

post ur fastest game wins

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

So now we know that your rank reward is a function of how many other competitors you've overcome rather than your final position

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
maybe, or maybe test server doesn't give out points at all

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Content Warning: Emotional Rollercoaster

https://clips.twitch.tv/BadGleamingSparrowAsianGlow

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?

FULL SPEED AHEAD MY MATES. Best ending to that!

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

Here's mine

This game makes me feel like the hero of my own action movie https://clips.twitch.tv/AltruisticGracefulPoxNinjaGrumpy

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
Does anyone else use Shadowplay for recording? Battlegrounds has a built in feature to capture highlights (kills, deaths, ending, etc) which I tried out for the first time last night. I had the audio set to record separate tracks for system and microphone but in the highlight clips it seems to have failed to capture the mic track. The separate tracks do record if I manually record a video. Anyone else have any experience with this?

What is a okay, free and easy video editor?

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Slim Mat posted:

Does anyone else use Shadowplay for recording? Battlegrounds has a built in feature to capture highlights (kills, deaths, ending, etc) which I tried out for the first time last night. I had the audio set to record separate tracks for system and microphone but in the highlight clips it seems to have failed to capture the mic track. The separate tracks do record if I manually record a video. Anyone else have any experience with this?

What is a okay, free and easy video editor?

Shadowplay is good for auto recording the stuff you listed but its not very configurable. OBS will split audio the way you want (as i think you discovered). Windows Movie Maker is a okay free video editor if you need basic editing functionality.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
Are you saying that you experienced the same thing?

Movie Maker isn't packaged with Win10 like the old versions; can you still get it?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Slim Mat posted:

Movie Maker isn't packaged with Win10 like the old versions; can you still get it?

yea

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
After 100 hours, I still suck at this game. I enjoy it, mind you, and I get a kill or two here and there, but mostly my only contribution in a match is telling my squad-mates where I just saw an enemy and dying the very next second.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Slim Mat posted:

Are you saying that you experienced the same thing?

No I haven't experienced your thing - my shadowplay captures all audio including my mic fine. I'm just saying its less configurable than other recording programs so you might just wanna use it as a backup and always local record via obs if u want more control.

I mainly use shadowplay to review deaths. I rarely save clips but sometimes I'm not streaming/recording and shadowplay captures something dope so I've kept it enabled. Fun fact about shadowplay: the overlay thing popped up when I was using photoshop the other day

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Davinci Resolve is good enough and free.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It is a known thing that the banana suit gives special powers, right?

https://youtu.be/PQmfJUe5bGc

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wolrah posted:

Bears that are attracted to the smell of campers. The longer you stay still the more attractive you smell to the bears. Have them start pawing at the doors and windows of wherever you're hiding.

More seriously, go full Far Cry with it and have animals lurking in the jungle which will kill you before you knew what happened, but can also be lured in to attacking other players.

Amnesia-like mechanic where instead of a gas you're hunted by something sinister and need to keep moving.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Just had the most incredible bout of games. Didn't win a single chicken dinner, but god drat was it a blast. We decided to play the role of predator, we'd just drop at the hottest zones and then actively hunt out other duos by following the sounds of gunshots. We went from regularly losing in the first five minutes, to easily dominating hot spots like school, mylta, primorsk. It felt so satisfying.

Best part was, we barely had to loot, as the people we killed had all the loot for us. It was genuinely the most experience I've gained in terms of how guns behave and what tactics work best. In those 4 hours of playing, I've become a much better player than I ever did in the 20 hours of regular gameplay (where we drop somewhere quiet and safe, spend 20 minutes looting, and then die at our first encounter). Would highly recommend this to other people, it's like a caffeine boost of skill straight to your skull.

Now 80% of our games ends with us having 5-10 kills easily each.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015

eriddy posted:

No I haven't experienced your thing - my shadowplay captures all audio including my mic fine. I'm just saying its less configurable than other recording programs so you might just wanna use it as a backup and always local record via obs if u want more control.

I mainly use shadowplay to review deaths. I rarely save clips but sometimes I'm not streaming/recording and shadowplay captures something dope so I've kept it enabled. Fun fact about shadowplay: the overlay thing popped up when I was using photoshop the other day

How do you have the audio capture set up?
I had it set to separate tracks for system and mic using the same push-to-record key as my push-to-talk key in Discord. This worked fine when manually recording, but didn't work in highlight videos.

The death review is a good idea for post-game playback. I think I'll suggest it to a buddy who never can tell how he died.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Also, all my shadowplay highlights have muted my audio for some absurd reason and only have my friend's audio. Feels bad, 30 clips and none of my reactions in it.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
If you set it up to record all the audio to the one track it should get around your problem.

Multi-track isn't something you should really bother with unless you plan to actually edit your videos afterwards to mix the mic audio back in to whatever you're going to upload or unless you just really don't want your mic audio in there for whatever reason(bad mic, noisy background, sounding like weedbaby, etc), but in that case you'd be better off just disabling recording your mic altogether.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Elentor posted:

Amnesia-like mechanic where instead of a gas you're hunted by something sinister and need to keep moving.

They should just spawn the ghost from Bubble Bobble if you stay in one place too long.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Replace the circle texture with :choco:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

The blue zone should be a physical barrier. That way if you can't find a car you just get pushed to the new circle anyways. Also the blue circle will move you so fast at times that you will take damage from colliding into buildings and trees.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Odobenidae posted:

The blue zone should be a physical barrier. That way if you can't find a car you just get pushed to the new circle anyways. Also the blue circle will move you so fast at times that you will take damage from colliding into buildings and trees.

:psyduck:

e: Would be funny how everyone scooped up on the far side of an eccentric closing circle would be pushed towards the furthest away point on the circle due to the difference in closing speed across the circle.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Odobenidae posted:

Oh

My

God

• Locked thread