Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sigh. 4 game losing streak in my bml unless the eagles are held to literally 0 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Super pumped to be 1-6 and 0-6 in my division in my big-money league with the highest points scored against by a full 20% over the next-closest team. Why do I play this game again?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Not sure if GDT went over it, but shout out to anyone who like me will lose because Brady decided to do a 6 inch forward pass to Cooks on that touchdown instead of handing it off like a normal loving handoff

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

IllegallySober posted:

Why do I play this game again?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Not sure if GDT went over it, but shout out to anyone who like me will lose because Brady decided to do a 6 inch forward pass to Cooks on that touchdown instead of handing it off like a normal loving handoff

Yeaaaaa that loving hurts.

I saw that play live and was like wait did they just say passed to cooks?

Didn't notice it til the slow mo.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Since the packers game yesterday a packers fan in my dynasty league has expressed a strong interest in trading for my Aaron Jones and Montgomery (presumably as injury insurance). I know Jones looks to have a good grip on the starting job now, but not what kind of long term value he might have. Does anyone have any insight they can share about him as a long term option?

Due to terrible injury luck I am 0-6, and weakest at RB. He has Cook on IR, and floated the idea of his 19 1st as well. Very tempted to try and prise cook away.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Remember that crappy drunken trade mistake I made a few weeks ago where I was comparing Julio and Powell for CJ Anderson accidentally hit send and then forgot until it got accepted?

Well played that guy yesterday...

I lost 101-108

CJ Anderson scored 5 points
Julio scored 15

:suicide:

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

The Rodgers owner in my league picked up Palmer to cover for that new hole in his lineup. :laugh:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm about to go 2-5 with the most points against and third in points for. I hate this game. :suicide:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teeter posted:

The Rodgers owner in my league picked up Palmer to cover for that new hole in his lineup. :laugh:

Me toooo :negative:

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Teeter posted:

Haha I wonder if this was done unwritten rule because it happened on my league too

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

quote:

Responding to a comment he was tagged in which said rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster is a better player, Bryant wrote, "JuJu is no where near better than me fool. All they need to do is give me what I want and y'all can have JuJu and who ever else." That comment has since been deleted, but it all but confirms Bryant wants out. The trade deadline is October 31.

:allears: we live in wonderful times

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Haha I wonder if this was done unwritten rule because it happened on my league too

I did it as well. Palmer was widely available and was QB8 (though without a bye) before last week. Now the choices are a trade or someone like Carr, McCown, or maybe even Keenum for a week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I drafted Matt Ryan but picked up Watson to cover for his bye. Now Watson seems like the definite choice ROS. Safe to drop Ryan?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RCarr posted:

I drafted Matt Ryan but picked up Watson to cover for his bye. Now Watson seems like the definite choice ROS. Safe to drop Ryan?

I wouldn't drop but yeah I would start Watson until he disappoints.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Glad I checked back just in time for the Cowboys Dst chat a few pages ago.

Who else decodes to roll them out for 15 points this week?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I've been trying to be more positive with my football attitude. So, on that note, my Week 7 Biggest Surprises is chock full of joy. Like, Atlanta: They managed to score a fourth quarter TD, something they couldn't do in the Super Bowl. That's improvement, great job Atlanta!

Also, our guest writers have been increasingly unstable (that Dr. Manhattan live blogging experiment caused a lot of HR issues). So I went back to some of our original guest writers. Now I'm just hoping that today's guest-written disappointments article was titled "This Fantasy Football Week Left Me Feeling Sexually Unsatisfied," just as a tongue-in-cheek joke, but I'm afraid to look.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Up by 64 and my opponent has Wentz, Alshon and the Phi kicker. So expect Alshon to have a record setting day

e: for no double post.

Would offering Jordy in a 1 ppr be an idea for Dak or Watson? I had Aaron Rodgers and Tyrod and Big Ben are the best on the WW.

My current WRs are Jordy, Crabtree, Fuller, Sanders and Matthews

poly and open-minded fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 23, 2017

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

poly and open-minded posted:

Up by 64 and my opponent has Wentz, Alshon and the Phi kicker. So expect Alshon to have a record setting day

I'm down 10, with only Alshon left. So you're safe... he'll probably score 9.6 leaving me behind 0.4

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

AnacondaHL posted:

:allears: we live in wonderful times

didn't this fuckin guy just sit out a whole year cause he smoked a weed? and now he's making demands lmao

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I don't think he should call out his talented teammate, but I don't see a huge issue in MBryant wanting to have a bigger role in the offense.. If the Steelers don't think they need to feature him more then wanting to be traded to a different team seems reasonable.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 23, 2017

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

I don't think he should call out his talented teammate, but I don't see a huge issue in MBryant wanting to have a bigger role in the offense.. If the Steelers don't think they need to feature him more then wanting to be traded to a different team seems reasonable.

its Mike Wallace all over again.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I can't imagine they would trade him. He's a solid weapon on a superbowl contender that gives also them some good depth at WR.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
So I got offered a trade of my Todd Gurley and Travis Kelce for his Antonio Brown, Jimmy Graham, and Big Ben. I'm very obviously not going to accept that but wanted to see if there were any thoughts on a potential counter since I could use some help at WR.

My team:

QB: Jameis
RB: Melvin Gordon, Todd Gurley, Doug Martin, Alex Collins
WR: Stefon Diggs, TY Hilton, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Josh Doctson, Mike Williams
TE: Kelce

His team:

QB: Drew Brees, Big Ben
RB: Ty Montgomery, Tevin Coleman, Aaron Jones, Jonathan Stewart, Javorious Allen, Orleans Darkwa
WR: Antonio Brown, Chris Hogan, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper,
TE: Graham, Ed Dickson

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I personally would trade high on Gurley right now. I don't own him but his upcoming schedule is extremely rough from what I heard.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kiimo posted:

I personally would trade high on Gurley right now. I don't own him but his upcoming schedule is extremely rough from what I heard.

Isn't his schedule already rough?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Jota posted:

So I got offered a trade of my Todd Gurley and Travis Kelce for his Antonio Brown, Jimmy Graham, and Big Ben. I'm very obviously not going to accept that but wanted to see if there were any thoughts on a potential counter since I could use some help at WR.

My team:

QB: Jameis
RB: Melvin Gordon, Todd Gurley, Doug Martin, Alex Collins
WR: Stefon Diggs, TY Hilton, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Josh Doctson, Mike Williams
TE: Kelce

His team:

QB: Drew Brees, Big Ben
RB: Ty Montgomery, Tevin Coleman, Aaron Jones, Jonathan Stewart, Javorious Allen, Orleans Darkwa
WR: Antonio Brown, Chris Hogan, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper,
TE: Graham, Ed Dickson
If you can pull Kelce off the table and make it just Gurley+ for AB and a complementary piece, I think you can make something work. I'd say dangle DeVante Parker's upside; with his WRs, he can wait on Parker while he heals up. That way you can also have him include an RB. Maybe he'd add Coleman to the mix? Buck Allen or Darkwa might be acceptable but aren't great targets.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Had some easy matchups early on then got buzzsawed by Seattle. He's got Seattle again in the playoffs which I'm afraid about.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Arizona was supposed to be a bad matchup.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Last week I traded AP and Fuller for Julio and Crowell in a 12 team redraft standard league.

So my team currently is:

QB: Dak
RB1: Hunt
RB2: Fournette
WR1: AJ Green
WR2: Julio
TE: Brate
Flex: Doug Martin / Ingram

BENCH:
WR Martavis Bryant
WR Ginn
WR Mike Williams
WR Doctson
WR Jordan Matthews
RB Crowell

I'm thinking of offering the AB owner Julio and Doug Martin - his starting RB's right now are McCaffrey and Darkwa and he's currently in last place at 2-4.

Am I sacrificing too much RB depth, or do you think this is a good offer? I think trade value wise I might be overpaying a bit but I don't really trust Julio a ton and I think I should be able to hang in there at RB as long as Fournette can get healthy over his bye week. I also just love AB so I might be biased.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm very happy that in my highest money league, where my team has lost half of my top 6 picks (ODB, Rodgers, A-Rob), that someone was kind enough to drop Amari Cooper for me to pick up.

now, if he can continue this pace, and I can actually start him over Nelson Agholor (who is absolutely going to tank this week now that I'm starting him), that would be great.

Actually, that league generally is a great sign of what managing a team back from catastrophe can be. I auto drafted, so in addition to losing my top 2 picks to injury (and my 6th rounder), I had Julian Edelman and Spencer Ware waiting for me to drop them, and I was given the Seattle Defense and Justin Tucker in the 7th and 8th rounds, and Andrew Luck, Cameron Merideth, and a second defense in the remaining rounds. The only guys still on my team are Marshawn, Gronk, Lamar Miller, Hunter Henry, Jarvis Landry, and my picked-too-early DEF/K combo.

Despite all of this, I'm 3-3 with a very winnable matchup this week. I don't know how, but if I win this league it will be proof of the existence of a God who doesn't hate me.

tire fire update: to replace Aaron Rodgers i picked up a proven leader who i thought could last me the rest of the season: Carson Palmer. and on top of that, Marshawn is suspended for next week.

I'm picking up Carr this week, so if he regresses and gets injured again, my bad. The best part is, despite all this, I'm one 14 point game out of Nelson Agholor away from winning this week.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Tiptoes posted:

If you can pull Kelce off the table and make it just Gurley+ for AB and a complementary piece, I think you can make something work. I'd say dangle DeVante Parker's upside; with his WRs, he can wait on Parker while he heals up. That way you can also have him include an RB. Maybe he'd add Coleman to the mix? Buck Allen or Darkwa might be acceptable but aren't great targets.

What about Gurley for Brown straight up? That was his latest offer

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Jota posted:

What about Gurley for Brown straight up? That was his latest offer
That's a fair price for a Brown and a simple straight-up deal... but it does leave you short-handed at RB, it would seem. While that deal is on the table, figure out if you can help your RB depth through this week's waivers or another small move. You need insurance there but I think paying market price for Brown is still fine. Heads up though, his bye is in two weeks (Week 9) so you may need to be proactive about figuring out your lineup ahead of time.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Should I drop Lynch for James White? Even if I keep Lynch, I will probably just have him benched for the foreseeable future after his suspension. McCoy, Mixon, and Chris Thompson are my other backs. Non-PPR league so I wouldn't get that added benefit from White, but he still seems to have a higher floor than Lynch.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I am going to have a QB situation in week 9 and the pickings are slim. I will have a roster spot open so I am going to try to get someone this week in order to avoid no QBs.

My options are:
Beathard vs. ARI
Brisett @ HOU
Moore? vs OAK
Flacco @ TEN
Stanton (lol) @ 49ers

I feel like Beathard or Moore (if he is still starting) are the right calls. I don't really want to trade anyone because I am 6-1 and dont want to mess with my lineup.

Tyree fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 24, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yeaaa don't trade someone for a bye week filler.

Honestly with those choices I'd just sit back and wait til Thursday week 9 and see if anyone has dropped a QB.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

VietCampo posted:

Yeaaa don't trade someone for a bye week filler.

Honestly with those choices I'd just sit back and wait til Thursday week 9 and see if anyone has dropped a QB.

Other than hurt QBs none have been dropped all season, and there are a couple of guys picking up some to screw with people's bye weeks. So I do want to try to get one this week, but after waivers clear Wed.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wk 8 BYE
Wk 9 Sun, Nov 5 @ Giants 12:00 PM Good
Wk 10 Sun, Nov 12 vs Texans 3:05 PM Bad
Wk 11 Sun, Nov 19 @ Vikings 12:00 PM Bad
Wk 12 Sun, Nov 26 vs Saints 3:05 PM Good
Wk 13 Sun, Dec 3 @ Cardinals 3:25 PM Good
Wk 14 Sun, Dec 10 vs Eagles 3:25 PM Medium
Wk 15 Sun, Dec 17 @ Seahawks 3:05 PM Bad
Wk 16 Sun, Dec 24 @ Titans 12:00 PM Good

People have been saying to sell high since week 4. Even with the bad matchups in there, he is getting enough volume, and is being used enough in the passing game that he is a stud with a RB1 floor. Don't sell.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Well, poo poo. Wentz and Ertz dropped 50 on me and I lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

welp I'm 2-5 despite the most points in the league so far for the season thanks to Brady's TD "pass"

Don't know why I'm bothering, but who's a better start this week/going forward, Dak or Watson?

• Locked thread