Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Jean-Claude Juncker calls Theresa May 'deluded' after disastrous Brexit talks

quote:

A German newspaper reported that after a dinner on Wednesday evening Mr Juncker accused Mrs May of being "deluded" and said it was "more likely than not" that Brexit talks would fail.

According to the German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung reported Mr Juncker told Mrs May "I'm leaving Downing Street 10 times more sceptical than I was before.”

He reportedly claimed during the meeting that Brexit "cannot be a success" and threatened to end talks without a trade deal if Britain refuses to pay a "divorce" bill.

During the meeting the Prime Minister said that the UK is not legally obliged to pay the EU anything as it leaves the EU. Mr Juncker and his colleagues responded by saying that Britain cannot simply cancel its membership of the EU as if it was a "golf club".

EU officials accused Mrs May of viewing Brexit through "rose-tinted glasses" after she said "let us make Brexit a success". Mr Juncker insisted: "This cannot be a success."

The pair also clashed over EU migrants as Mrs May pushed for an early deal during negotiations. The European Union's representatives said they were "astonished" by Mrs May's push for it to be sorted "by the end of June".

Mr Juncker suggested that this timetable was "too optimistic", pulling out of his bag "two piles of paper" - Croatia's EU entry deal and Canada's free trade deal - to highlight how complex talks are likely to become.

:getin:

Juncker denies calling her deluded of course, but this is also Juncker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPgiI46FCDU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
pee pee poo poo im the president

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

AFRICA OIL WEEK :siren:

https://twitter.com/SecretaryPerry/status/922760976801419264

and lol

https://twitter.com/NEI/status/922466893180551169

A Handed Missus has issued a correction as of 11:36 on Oct 24, 2017

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

May has continually been owned since pantsing herself in the election earlier this year.

Are Lad Corbyn has been holding parallel talks with the same EU diplomats who consider the Labour Brexit negotiating team the "adults in the room" and are making decent progress, while May is friendless and alone.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

mods rename me hashtag africa

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tesseraction posted:

May has continually been owned since pantsing herself in the election earlier this year.

Are Lad Corbyn has been holding parallel talks with the same EU diplomats who consider the Labour Brexit negotiating team the "adults in the room" and are making decent progress, while May is friendless and alone.

Corybn is so awesome. I hope he never lets me down. :ohdear:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

millenials disrupting the planet

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

prefect posted:

Corybn is so awesome. I hope he never lets me down. :ohdear:

To be honest the likely scenario is he doesn't institute worldwide full communism now. His current platform is closer to Sweden/Norway, which have some of the happiest populations on earth, so I'll take it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tom Gorman posted:

mods rename me hashtag africa

I hash the tagsssss down in afrrrrica

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Tesseraction posted:

To be honest the likely scenario is he doesn't institute worldwide full communism now. His current platform is closer to Sweden/Norway, which have some of the happiest populations on earth, so I'll take it.

hopefully he can give us their weather too

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Was the White house ever asked or did they provide any explanation why he sent a check to one family and poo poo on the others? (Besides one soldier white/one black)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

hopefully he can give us their weather too

they can keep the lutefisk / surstrommung tho

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/922621192187662336

thanks

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fireside Nut posted:

Was the White house ever asked or did they provide any explanation why he sent a check to one family and poo poo on the others? (Besides one soldier white/one black)

It was literally a case that this guy is divorced and the subject of the bereavement payout came up and the guy was like "yeah that doesn't make me feel better because the wife is the only recipient because of the divorce and I'm still poor as poo poo"

so trump just blurted out that he'd write him a cheque, sure, totally

then 'forgot'

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

she's gotten practice doing this by interacting with her husband

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Good mornings Trump Threads, I'm over here injecting some high quality ratio directly into my balls

https://twitter.com/andrejpwalker/status/922174270347804672

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

that oval office has this as his pinned tweet

https://twitter.com/andrejpwalker/status/922637142622392320

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

lol @ the idea of proper work

:thermidor:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

A Handed Missus posted:

manning the guillotines is the properest of works

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

A Handed Missus posted:

stockbroker= proper
marketer of dildos= proper
chimney sweep = proper

foreign language teacher = FAKE FAKE FAKE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

imagine being a journalist commenting on proper work

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

this pic needs one of those one of those golden ratio art overlays

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/922642541597614081

:cawg:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

stop bangin kidz

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Jesus Christ shut the gently caress up you perv - God

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/gfunderburgNC9/status/922775492557668352

quote:

Terrance Hightower says he wants to be back in a crowd of people fighting for what they believe in.

"It sounds weird, but it's kind of fun to me- to just walk around and chant, even yell at the communists," he said. "They're yelling at us, we're yelling at them."

Hightower was fired from his job at Mojo Burrito back in August for the side he took at the rally in Charlottsville Virginia.

"It was pretty crazy there," he said. "It was like a mob."

He stood with the organizers of the rally who didn't want a Confederate statue to come down.

However, he says he's not racist and doesn't agree with the violence that happened here.

Now, collecting unemployment Hightower says nothing's holding him back from traveling to Shelbyville, Tennessee this weekend.

An unemployed white guy who could only get a job at a burrito shop and got fired is a white supremacist? Colour me surprised.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

a :thunk: dog is a happy dog

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
No tweets yet? Kelly please check the white house bathrooms for fat orange corpses

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

pathetic little tramp posted:

https://twitter.com/gfunderburgNC9/status/922775492557668352

An unemployed white guy who could only get a job at a burrito shop and got fired is a white supremacist? Colour me surprised.

He just likes yelling at the commies

He's not a Nazi

No sir, not a single racist bone in me

Just like being on the side that has swastika flags

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

m a k e t h e t w e e t y o u s u n d o w n i n g c h e e t o

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

rear end cobra posted:

No tweets yet? Kelly please check the white house bathrooms for fat orange corpses

please don't talk about my son like that

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hopefully trump tweets about that gold star widow and calls her a fraud

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

rear end cobra posted:

I’m trying to think of how I would feel if Trump suddenly died in office and I really have no idea. It would be a lot of different feelings.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

great now im trying to sign the warsaw pact

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

"The millinials just keep texting me 'lmao launch the nukes fam' and a bunch of emoticons"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Samurai Sanders posted:

I’m trying to think of how I would feel if Trump suddenly died in office and I really have no idea. It would be a lot of different feelings.

My thought would be: "lmao"

• Locked thread