Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got 1-8-8 on my Titan, it’s fuckin tight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

the good fax machine posted:

I got 1-8-8 on my Titan, it’s fuckin tight

How you doing that?

Im 2 8 7 but id like your build. I run alpha lupi though. Which exotic you running?

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
who cares about recovery when i just pro jump and dodge bullets with 10 moblity

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm bad and get shot a lot but I use teleport and can hide quickly

Do you hardcore PVP guys really notice a difference with mobility and strafing?

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
also the raid hunter set is pure mobility so clearly the design ers like totally understand what gear hard core triple prestige raiders need to complete the most red bull of challenges

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

tyrelhill posted:

who cares about recovery when i just pro jump and dodge bullets with 10 moblity

A good post

Norns posted:

I'm bad and get shot a lot but I use teleport and can hide quickly

Do you hardcore PVP guys really notice a difference with mobility and strafing?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Does being real good at PVP do damage to your brain

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bideo James

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Norns posted:

Does being real good at PVP do damage to your brain

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Each to their own. But i run 8 armor and 7 recovery. I get my health back twice as fast as you for a 2hp (0.5%) trade off.

Do what you want but you should consider it.

You're right. I have my Titan at 2-7-7 and it feels awesome. Hunter going recovery, the raise in mobility and loss of armor, it feels odd to me as is. Nightstalker raises movement speed so I'm fine there, but lower armor and maybe feeling compelled to take cover more, I sense I would gently caress up a bit. Not unwilling, just lazy and stuck to my ways.

I sense the Dawning armor may provide a more rounded build. If so, that's gonna be what gets me to change.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

https://streamable.com/xee7p

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Lol

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Well after 4.5 hours we beat prestige calus, ugh

for my effort, I got duplicate class items as my only armor

any other goons beat it?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
shock and awe is so much fun in pvp

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

actionjackson posted:

any other goons beat it?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Ahh yes D2. So many game breaking glitches like wall riding with emotes and raids where no enemies spawn.

And we are about to launch on a platform where the end user actually has full access to the base operating system.

What could possibly go wrong.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

CheeseFactory posted:

Ahh yes D2. So many game breaking glitches like wall riding with emotes and raids where no enemies spawn.

And we are about to launch on a platform where the end user actually has full access to the base operating system.

I can't wait for the first prestige raid clear with aimbots. :v:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Words cannot express how much I hope that a bunch of poo poo like ability regen is client side so that anyone can just adjust it for themselves.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

CheeseFactory posted:

I am disappointed the PC guys have not produced any leak yet. Since the release of the demo they could have extracted the files of nessus, find secrets, find interesting stuff... hell, In a bad day the minecraft modding community would have created a Java renderer of the world of the game, so you would be able to fly a camera around Nessus.

Maybe the game files are hard to parse both by the protection they come with and the mess they represent.

If cheating become a problem, joining the crucible will be delayed to level 17.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Words cannot express how much I hope that a bunch of poo poo like ability regen is client side so that anyone can just adjust it for themselves.

We are about to find out. Anything is possible.

Does anyone remember The Division launch on PC? Wowzers

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I last played Destiny over a year ago and haven’t followed Destiny 2 news at all. Is this game any good, and is there still an active goon community?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Hah! Just talking about Metro Shift yesterday, very next day it's on rotation at the Eververse. Bought 35 copies of it.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Syzygy Stardust posted:

I last played Destiny over a year ago and haven’t followed Destiny 2 news at all. Is this game any good, and is there still an active goon community?

Both games are dead. Everyone is waiting for Animal Crossing for the iPhone to scratch the same itch.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Another nightfall with torrent and zero hour. What a wonderful sendoff for the last day I'll touch the console version :allears:

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Old Swerdlow posted:

Both games are dead. Everyone is waiting for Animal Crossing for the iPhone to scratch the same itch.

What was wrong with D2?

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Syzygy Stardust posted:

What was wrong with D2?

They turned it into a kart racer with mini golf during the loading screens.

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Old Swerdlow posted:

They turned it into a kart racer with mini golf during the loading screens.

Cashier? I’ll take three.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Syzygy Stardust posted:

What was wrong with D2?

Nothing bad yet.

The natural process of birds learning to fly is this.

The game shows a lot of potential and we hope between the next DLC and the next many wrongs will turn right.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
This video is a good breakdown of everything wrong with D2.

https://youtu.be/YVtEX1J7tXQ

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

This is the coolest thing I will ever do in a video game. I should quit now.

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Old Swerdlow posted:

This video is a good breakdown of everything wrong with D2.

https://youtu.be/YVtEX1J7tXQ

If I can buy that dance it’s a demonstration of everything right.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Eyespy posted:

25 megs, AND it looks like poo poo!

(add a v)

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Just had a grenade launcher drop that i was bored enough to mess around with in crucible and i can confirm its loving hilarious.

Its called Berengers Memory or something and its grenades stick to surfaces until triggered. I spend about an hour popping it onto the top beam of door frames or on the floor below power ammo drops and sitting back and watching the hilarity.

Its almost as much fun as the sticky grenade launcher in halo used to be.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Eyespy posted:

Impressive holding down of the trigger, mate!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah Berenger's Memory is probably the best grenade launcher. You can also switch off the proximity grenades for regular ones and it also has Cocoon or whatever it's called now. All the other grenade launchers are great if you like watching grenades bounce everywhere and explode five miles away. There's probably a way to use them right but I can't be hosed to do so when Berengers just works like a grenade launcher should.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Its funny to troll people in crucible with, i cant imagine it would be ANY use in PvE or the raid.

I was fairly excited when i had that wild west style style exotic GL drop and it sounds good on paper but its unusable

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

hitchensgoespop posted:

I was fairly excited when i had that wild west style style exotic GL drop and it sounds good on paper but its unusable

Rules for public events and strikes, a lot of fun. Not good in Crucible, no.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting lion can do work in crucible but you gotta be really loving good at banking shots and timing your detonations.

(none of us are that good)

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Holy lol, you only get the one package of guided games tickets (that has like twelve or something?). And then nothing more until the next season, whenever that is.
They're really committed to their "fostering new friendships through exclusive content" thing.

Good thing the version all my actual friends are getting comes out today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

hitchensgoespop posted:

Its funny to troll people in crucible with, i cant imagine it would be ANY use in PvE or the raid.
I use Berengers in PVE. You can have fun with the prox detonators but that doesn't work well on stuff like the dropship in the injection rig event or blowing up the thing in the glimmer extraction, so I switched prox off and it's great.