Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

And the Ross would get to be the first

This is fair, but I can't let reality get in the way of my enjoyment of seeing Canadian stuff in video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

e.pilot posted:

It still is, if I ever have a bad round or two I’ll play a round with the hellreigel and feel better about myself.

How that thing hasn’t been nerfed yet is beyond me. But yet grenades have been nerfed to almost complete uselessness. :dice:

I like impact grenades because I use them as finishers. They own when you shoot someone at a window and they they try to get cover just to get an instant explosion pineapple to the face.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
My most successful weapon is the loving gas grenade. The accuracy in this game is beyond my skillset.

Has there been any chatter I missed about the "NEXT!" Battlefield?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

2143 but mad max style (I wish).

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You know what ain't done been nerfed? Limpet mines, boys. Limpet mines. They are my primary weapon.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

e.pilot posted:

How that thing hasn’t been nerfed yet is beyond me. But yet grenades have been nerfed to almost complete uselessness. :dice:

I still can''t believe they buffed it originally. It used to be 60/60 so yeah it was good but you'd run out of ammo immediately with it. Right now there's really no reason to not use it other than "it's the loving Hellriegel, I'm better than that." Fewer guns are so all-around good at killing lots of people quickly.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It’s a tough job but one of the guns has to be the best all around

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If I had a limpet, I would limpet in the mooornin'!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/spaceecho/video/38242851

Oh if I had dat limpet doe, I would limpet in the evenin'!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/spaceecho/video/38242805

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

If I had a limpet, I would limpet in the mooornin'!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/spaceecho/video/38242851

Oh if I had dat limpet doe, I would limpet in the evenin'!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/spaceecho/video/38242805

Lmao at the stock scream

gently caress a tank machine gun god they're so useless

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Hellriegel is ok as an all purpose weapon but MP Optical beats it at mid-long range and Automatico Trench demolishes it on maps like Fort Vaux.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
A gun I've really clicked with is the new medic Federov Trench. Laser beam accurate in single shots and can shred people at medium to close range.

Nothing feels better than getting 3 head shots on a shipper across the map with only 3 bullets used.

Also getting the hand of the TTK. Half a clip is enough to kill someone up close with a few bullets going stray and the other half for the teammate that spawns off of them.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Hamburlgar posted:

A gun I've really clicked with is the new medic Federov Trench. Laser beam accurate in single shots and can shred people at medium to close range.

Nothing feels better than getting 3 head shots on a shipper across the map with only 3 bullets used.

Also getting the hand of the TTK. Half a clip is enough to kill someone up close with a few bullets going stray and the other half for the teammate that spawns off of them.

yup yup yup I love the Fedorov, makes me OK to play medic because it's basically an assault style weapon lol

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Fleetwood posted:

Hellriegel is ok as an all purpose weapon but MP Optical beats it at mid-long range and Automatico Trench demolishes it on maps like Fort Vaux.

I love the Automatico Trench. Never ADS and mow down people up to a surprisingly decent range. My favorite, and best, Assault weapon.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
The automatico is why I don't give a poo poo about the hellriegel. The best is that even though it takes 2 seconds to kill someone, for those 2 whole seconds you're loving their aim all over their screen and they can't do poo poo about it :lol:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Ol Standard Retard posted:

yup yup yup I love the Fedorov, makes me OK to play medic because it's basically an assault style weapon lol

No one's playing medic? Give them a SCAR-H, that should fix things.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

sunday at work posted:

No one's playing medic? Give them a SCAR-H, that should fix things.

I love playing as medic (just currently working to rank 10 assault) but I mostly swap between support and medic. Fedorov, M1916 and the RSC1917 are my favourite (Mondragon can fall into that too).

Enjoying the Ribeyrolles SMG, that bipod comes in handy often and is really easy to control.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Having taken a break from the game and returned, half my deaths are to the loving Federov.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

venutolo posted:

I love the Automatico Trench. Never ADS and mow down people up to a surprisingly decent range. My favorite, and best, Assault weapon.

For sure. It's a real bullet hose from the hip and the reload feels pretty quick.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Fleetwood posted:

For sure. It's a real bullet hose from the hip and the reload feels pretty quick.

also the Vittoria skin is pimptacular

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is there a good guide anywhere on how to use planes? I almost never use them since I suck and it's not fun just getting mulched by AA / other pilots, but I have this dumb Icarus medal so I figure it's a good opportunity to learn. Getting kills in bombers is a pain in the rear end so far, I can never tell when to release bombs and anything but a direct hit seems to do complete garbage damage.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Captain Log posted:

I stopped playing this game when the Hellreigel was the god weapons.

What’s the meta moved to these days? Also it’s funny to come in with positive K/D from Destiny and Overwatch to have a .5 BF1 round.

now theres a hellriegel with double ammo

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is there a good guide anywhere on how to use planes? I almost never use them since I suck and it's not fun just getting mulched by AA / other pilots, but I have this dumb Icarus medal so I figure it's a good opportunity to learn. Getting kills in bombers is a pain in the rear end so far, I can never tell when to release bombs and anything but a direct hit seems to do complete garbage damage.

I'm sure there are tons of in-depth youtubes on flying but honestly, the big issue is that there is no test range and the campaign controls are completely different from multiplayer controls. Just log on to Sinai, wait for a plane slot, spawn in....and don't even shoot anybody.

Just fly. Fly the gently caress around, fly close to obstacles, try landing and then taking off again, just fly. There's simply no other way to learn the game's sensitivity curve, flight model, turn speed, etc etc. Keep in mind you don't have to know these things consciously at all, you just have to get enough practice so you can put your plane where you want it. Focusing too much on getting kills and "PTFO" is just going to get in the way of getting that practice.

It's a videogame, half your team is camping behind your own spawn anyway. Don't worry about PTFO, just practice flying because there's no other way and once you get it down, it's really really really fun. I don't think there is a more fun game to fly in right now, simply because the interaction between ground and air is so good and there's never a boring moment.

p.s. max out your vehicle FOV, fly in 3rd person until you feel comfortable. High level pilots don't even go to 1st person unless they're lining up a killshot.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

All I'll add is that I'm a terrible bomber pilot (but kinda decent in the fighter) so don't be afraid to jump into the front seat of a bomber someone else is flying to get the kills you need with that gun. So long as the pilot you spawn on isn't totally awful (and at this stage of the game's life most bad pubbie pilots have been weeded out) you can just enjoy the view and hose down fools with explosive bullets in comfort.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST: the federov is as obnoxious as the Hellriegel

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Medic has sucked for quite a while though so I’m kinda ok with that

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

e.pilot posted:

Medic has sucked for quite a while though so I’m kinda ok with that

I would only play medic if it wasn’t for completely pointless medals and levels that make that little serotonin dispenser in my brain fire.

I’m looking forward to getting the Federov.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
them was some great games tonight with both the US and the Canada crew

"Where the gently caress is Poophole why isn't he in the squad??"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I’m always game - OldCaptainLog

Just send a message that says goon with any group or friend invites. My list is cluttered as gently caress.

If only I could make groups of my friends by time zone. Sigh.

P. S. Any of the 360 crew make it to the bone? I know some didn’t, but I miss blowing up everything with Someguy and Nicko.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Ol Standard Retard posted:

them was some great games tonight with both the US and the Canada crew

"Where the gently caress is Poophole why isn't he in the squad??"

Haha yeah my buddy was clueless!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Battlefield: Gotcha from behind again!

or

Battlefield: You killed him and then someone killed you and then someone killed him aka the pointlessness of war

*sigh*

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I really need to get a headset.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

CornHolio posted:

I really need to get a headset.

yespls

we like to yammer

sometimes too much

Although last night when we split up squads I was experiencing some outstanding pubby squad chat (which I guess is what happens if you don't have a party? I've never tried to communicate with non-party members). This one guy who had an increeeedibly deep, thick Tennessee accent giving this other guy who sounded like an actual Child mad props because they were doing really well in the game, it was weird and cute.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
yeah, i need one as well. can anyone recommend a good one? one that's compatible with ps4, I've had headphones for my phone that only half worked.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ardent Communist posted:

yeah, i need one as well. can anyone recommend a good one? one that's compatible with ps4, I've had headphones for my phone that only half worked.

What’s your budget

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Ardent Communist posted:

I have a hearing disorder (tinnitus - I've heard a super high pitched C# for over four years) and headsets are extremely important to me.

Before a recommendation - what will be their primary use?

(I use Turtle Beach headsets for gaming but I have complaints, some very minor)

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
It will be purely for gaming with the PS4. I've got another cheap pair for my walking around headphones. And my budget is not exorbitant, but reasonable.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
The $99 Playstation Golds have been treating me well since release. Comfortable, wireless and light. As well as surround sound. Might not as be high tech as the top end ones, but for under a Benjamin, I'd certainly reccomend them.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The HyperX Cloud is always good and reliable. If you want wireless PS4 Golds are solid, if you want fancier wireless options the turtle beach stealths are good. Don't spend any more than $150 at most on a console headset, the more expensive headsets all have fancy features that usually don't work on consoles.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
One big thing to decide - wireless or wired?

I use Turtle Beach 420s because I can have them running wireless from my bone but aux in a different sound like podcasts/phone calls/music. Also, if they are charging while being worn, they emit a high pitched tone that is irritating to people like me.

But the battery is mediocre and using them away from the Xbox creates an endless loop of ten minute "POWERING OFF" warnings. They also suck if you have blocky, stiff framed glasses.

I liked the Turtle Beach XO Ones well enough I went through two. They are a little on the cheap side in fit, finish, and durability - but they have great sound quality and run without any hick-ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
anyone ever use any of the Logitech Pro G headsets?
I've been curious about the way those sound with their simulated 7:1 surround since there's a dedicated Logitech Pro G audio setting built in to the BF1 audio settings