Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Beeswax posted:

Wait, what?

edit: Also I don't know who Ryan Reynolds is or what he looks like or anything at all really.

fake edit: but I assume it's the cropped out guy?

Ryan Reynolds is a good looking Hollywood actor, he's married to the twitter lady I presume. Ryan Gosling is also a good looking Hollywood actor, I think they're friends.

The lady is married to the one who's not in the pic. Can't tell if it's the one who's cropped out tho, on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Beeswax posted:

Wait, what?

edit: Also I don't know who Ryan Reynolds is or what he looks like or anything at all really.

fake edit: but I assume it's the cropped out guy?

she's married to Reynolds. That's a picture of Reynolds and Ryan Gosling and she's cropped out her husband.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Also it was indeed Ryan Reynolds birthday yesterday, so basically she cropped out the wrong Ryan when trying to wish her husband happy birthday.

(thanks Wikipedia, now I get it)

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I'm just confused about what "ous natured" could have meant.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fathis Munk posted:

Also it was indeed Ryan Reynolds birthday yesterday, so basically she cropped out the wrong Ryan when trying to wish her husband happy birthday.

(thanks Wikipedia, now I get it)

It's basically a follow-up to this tweet.
https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/901289242336403456

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Hollywood superstars are so relate-able.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Weatherman posted:

I'm just confused about what "ous natured" could have meant.

One again defeated by my autocorrect. At least natured is a real word unlike when it keeps turning is into ous

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 11:24 on Oct 24, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

God I love "exposure" bucks.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Ryan Reynolds is pretty well known for having a weird sense of humour.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Somfin posted:

God I love "exposure" bucks.

Exposure bucks that demand you already have a good portfolio of work. So...presumably if you had that portfolio, you wouldn't need the drat exposure because you've already got proof of how good your work is and have already been getting work.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Slime posted:

Exposure bucks that demand you already have a good portfolio of work. So...presumably if you had that portfolio, you wouldn't need the drat exposure because you've already got proof of how good your work is and have already been getting work.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Slime posted:

Besides which, the exposure is already established. That's gonna happen whether or not they get paid. It's a hazard of the job, more than anything else; they're not gonna get their exposure boosted except as some dipshit who will take jobs for free.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

At least six years of experience should be plenty of time to learn that you don't do expensive professional jobs for free, ever. gently caress you, lady, pay your photographer or do it your goddamn self.

Imagine if we treated other skilled professions the way some people treat professional artists.

Join my hospital's surgical team! Salary? Not here, but once you remove enough gall bladders to establish yourself maybe you'll find a good job!

I need a contractor! Just think of the exposure when everyone driving by sees what a great house you built for me!

gently caress off, Yelp reviews don't pay my rent.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 13:03 on Oct 24, 2017

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Even worse when the company/person offering exposure is really small or just a...guy. In what way can you offer me exposure? Will you market me to every single person you meet? Will you write a copy for my business? Are you going to improve my SEO? Buy Facebook ads for me? What can you even do

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I got that one from someone asking for an illustration for her children's book. Don't you need the same exposure? It's a book, nobody sees my art or your words until they pick up the book. Exposure my rear end.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

I painted some doors at a woman's house and we agreed to do the payment under the table. After the work was done she said that she had talked to her husband and they didn't really feel right about "black work" so they offered to recommend me to their friends instead.

That has to be the shakiest moral high ground I ever saw.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dejawesp posted:

I painted some doors at a woman's house and we agreed to do the payment under the table. After the work was done she said that she had talked to her husband and they didn't really feel right about "black work" so they offered to recommend me to their friends instead.

:ironicat:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dejawesp posted:

So you gave them an actual invoice with tax calculated and all, right?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Dejawesp posted:

I hope you painted a big veiny dick on their door after that

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Boy am I glad that's all under the bridge now!

on the bored wop posted:

That guy, uh, sure has some comics

Oh, I see now that I was getting this and plebcomics mixed up. My bad.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

A local photographer who is really quite successful with his work, enough that it's hos main source of income, posted that a politician asked to use a photo for free without saying any pleases or thank yous in the email. He explained that if you want to provide "free advertising" for someone who doesn't need it, you'd better offer up something in return, like manners.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Jerry Cotton posted:

So you gave them an actual invoice with tax calculated and all, right?

No this was before I even started my own business and I couldn't send invoices yet.

But we met through her father who runs a construction company and her snubbing me on the payment was a big dishonor to him so he paid me for the work instead.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Dejawesp posted:

you should have come back to the house with a bottle of paint stripper

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Slugnoid posted:

you should have come back to the house with a bottle of paint stripper

It was indoor and water based. Some lukewarm water and a mean disposition will do it :black101:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/peacoatseason/status/922257775450783744

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

I think one of them is supposed to say "Not you" and depending on the country it could be one or all of them.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

canyoneer posted:

Context is that Janina Gavankar is the voice/mocap/etc actress for the main character in the new Star Wars Battlefront 2 single player campaign. Someone is complaining and asking if they can customize the character's face, like in RPG games

Why would you WANT to change her face?!

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

why yes, trains are a very reliable way to commit suicide

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

How the gently caress do you expect someone who's never shot a wedding before to own like $12,000 worth of photography equipment.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Wait, shouldn't one of those be Landerig?

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Slugnoid posted:

why yes, trains are a very reliable way to commit suicide

I thought that was referring to the weird and mildly unhinged train enthusiasts who get boners documenting trains coming and going and organize meetups to see particular rare model trains roll by or whatever. It's a bit obsessive, but I've known a few over the years and I'd sure rather hang out with train fetishists than most people quoted in this thread.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Join my hospital's surgical team! Salary? Not here, but once you remove enough gall bladders to establish yourself maybe you'll find a good job!
That's not too terribly different from a residency. :v:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Dejawesp posted:

Sometimes the artist is not as subtle as that.

Mein gott

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Wedding photo lady just reeks of her being an amateur or delusional photographer herself, with how specific it is with equipment and needs. Pretty sure you can also count on a night of being second geussed and shadowed and "are you using that shot and lighting, *I* would do....", and just being up your rear end all night, not to mention the grading you're going to get over the finished work, wanting every proof, and finally ordering the equivalent of the cheap rear end school photo package but for free

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

davidspackage posted:

How the gently caress do you expect someone who's never shot a wedding before to own like $12,000 worth of photography equipment.

If it's like any of the people I know that got into the business without any real experience, mom & dad.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

not the usual sort of idiocy but still great imo

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh my god this can't be real.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
"Jerry Botter had finally destroyed the evil wizard Grumbledor Vader with his lazer wand. The nightmare was over. As he took off his robe and wizard hat, he sat on the curb, drew a long sigh, and uttered, 'It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.' The End."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh my god this can't be real.

No! No it can't be! God drat I know it's a running thing that goons can't recognise incredibly obvious jokes but gently caress you guys are pushing it lately