Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm scared to know what the approval rating of Mike Pence is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Star Man posted:

I'm not sure what the awareness rating of Mike Pence is.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

bloom posted:

To be fair, considering all the other crazy poo poo happening in 2017, is it that weird to think that NK would be cyberbullying Trump via twitter?

I had to sit in as "technical advisor" for a principal and guidance counselor this week to determine if it was cyberbullying for kids to share the public youtube channel of another student if the youtube channel sucked enough that the kid would find it embarrassing for other people to actually see it, even if their bad channel had the trappings of being for public consumption (ending videos with "please like and subscribe").

It's a good metaphor because think of how much trolling trump is just "quoting things trump said"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pacerhimself posted:

Today we have learned that Republicans have decided to investigate the Hillary/FBI story and the attempt of Russia to influence Hillary Clinton. I'm so glad Donald Trump isn't currently president.

With the PR no bid electric repair contract going to company of a friend of the Secretary of interior that has 2 employees, oh boy we're headed down the road to full corruption, cronyism and using your political power to cover for your party and punish the other party.

These past two days seem extremely hosed, even in relation to our current reality since January. Is it out of line to feel like the US is headed into uncharted territory? The ruling party in all 3 branches appears to have 0 interest in being accountable, they are openly rigging the game and have media enablers in all local markets airing blatant propaganda and the biggest news channel in the country is also nothing short of propaganda.

The country's never going to recover from this administration, no.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How far down the line of succession would you have to go to find someone with a positive approval rating?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How far down the line of succession would you have to go to find someone with a positive approval rating?

(D)

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
In more "If Obama did it, I must undo it" news: Trump offered to change Denali back to Mount McKinley. ‘We said no!’

quote:

One by one, regarding Obama administration executive actions for the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska, the Arctic Ocean, a road out of King Cove, Trump would turn to Zinke and ask, "'well can we change that to help Alaska?" Sullivan relayed. To each, Zinke replied, "yes, sir."

But Trump had one final issue on his mind. "He looked at me and said, 'I heard that the big mountain in Alaska also had – also its name was changed by executive action. Do you want us to reverse that?'" Sullivan said.

He and Murkowski "jumped over the desk, we said, 'no! No. Don't want to reverse that,' " Sullivan said.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I had to sit in as "technical advisor" for a principal and guidance counselor this week to determine if it was cyberbullying for kids to share the public youtube channel of another student if the youtube channel sucked enough that the kid would find it embarrassing for other people to actually see it, even if their bad channel had the trappings of being for public consumption (ending videos with "please like and subscribe").

It's a good metaphor because think of how much trolling trump is just "quoting things trump said"

It's really too drat easy to produce media nowadays.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Glumslinger posted:

48% military approval sounds really bad

For a Republican, yeah, that's really bad. Obama was lower, though.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Star Man posted:

[x] Don't know who this person is

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

I love this.

also, I want to pretend that he always carries around a bunch of Russian flags and this was his opportunity

Seems like a loop hole in the secret service here.

Completely harmless pieces of cloth.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Military Times isn't usually reliable but a Republican being underwater with the military is insanely bad.

My thinking exactly.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Star Man posted:

Sir, this pie chart is just a jpeg of a jar of Hellmann's mayonnaise.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

I am so turned on right now...

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
What I'm trying to say is imagine if Mike Pence had a higher approval rating than Trump among Republicans. I'd be a bit terrified.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Star Man posted:

What I'm trying to say is imagine if Mike Pence had a higher approval rating than Trump among Republicans. I'd be a bit terrified.

I mean he must for the simple fact he is not Trump, but by like a point or two.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

SocketWrench posted:

Or it might be he understands what a loving poo poo he'll end up becoming because the pendulum is gonna swing back hard with the current shitstorm in DC

His first public appearance after his controversial Detroit concerts was getting on the scoreboard at a Pistons game, he got booed loudly. He also got a restaurant deal in the new arena, and the Kid Rock restaurant isn't doing much business.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The issue is that Trump's base, which is a sizable portion of the GOP base now, would see Pence as some deep state GOP controlled agent put in place to take down Trump. Any move that would put Pence into power would be met with rage from the base and in any election period he would lose to the next grifter fascist conman to run in the GOP primary (and there will be a boat load after Trump because the genie is out of the bottle)

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Active duty military have this pervasive coping mechanism where every problem a person appears to be causing is actually the fault of their superiors. "It's not me, it's those fucks at Batallion!" That kind of thing. It goes all the way up the chain, and I'd be really surprised, absent a 9/11 situation, to ever see the sitting Commander-In-Chief rated very highly in an anonymous poll.

Grater
Jul 11, 2001
Might seem like a nice guy, but cross me once...

Oxxidation posted:

The country's never going to recover from this administration, no.

Can't disagree. The USA will still be here but lines have been crossed that cannot ever be uncrossed.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Surprise, surprise the Navy continues to be the most diverse of thought while the Marine Corps is laughably bad.

The Naval Infantry is a mess!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The issue is that Trump's base, which is a sizable portion of the GOP base now

"Trump's base" is such a boogieman, his approval among his own party is the lowest of pretty much any president ever, he has the weakest base a president ever had.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I'm not sure how accurate my knowledge was, but I thought the army had a high amount of Latinos in it, surpirsed the army has a higher % than the air force and its fundies.

e: then again, this is a regressive rag, so w/e.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Still wish we had a word filter that changes it to "Trump's baes"

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I've never met a Marine who was of above average intelligence. They truly deserve their reputation.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I looked back and didn't see it posted but lol he didn't even put in the effort to back date the check so it would look like he didn't forget for months

https://twitter.com/KaplanABC11/status/922603452487946241

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

"Trump's base" is such a boogieman, his approval among his own party is the lowest of pretty much any president ever, he has the weakest base a president ever had.

It is a low core of support, but it is a crystallized, ironclad foundation of christian autocrats metastasizing around a figure who does not give them mixed messaging about sharing their disdain for colored folk and immigrants. It's great news but bad news.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Kaboobi posted:

I looked back and didn't see it posted but lol he didn't even put in the effort to back date the check so it would look like he didn't forget for months

Does this dude sign poo poo with a marker?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

enraged_camel posted:

Is he greedy?

My impression of Carson is that he managed to get out of poverty and become a surgeon, and uses that experience to fuel his incredibly stupid and naive belief that anyone, no matter how poor and wretched, can get themselves out of poverty if they just work hard enough, and that government should make sure they don't get too comfortable, otherwise they will become complacent and stop working hard.

I mean your average GOP'er uses that as propaganda to actively gently caress over poor people, but Carson has swallowed it hook, line and sinker because he really is dumb as a brick about anything non-medicine. So I have difficulty putting him in the same "evil motherfuckers" bucket as most other GOP'ers.

He is shilling this for the Republicans that want more money in their pockets and more poors/less than white people to get crushed under a boot. Dumb is not an excuse since there is proof he has a brain, and obviously has no issues tossing his morals aside, if he had any decent ones, to continue to avoid and dodge questions that he likely knows are loving bad. Yes, he is evil

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

TheScott2K posted:

Nah, it's a regular pen, he just grips it in his tiny fist and bears down as hard as he can, like a toddler holding a crayon

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Kaboobi posted:

Behold, the only condolence letter that wasn't signed with an AutoPen.

Also, I'd really like to know where the crosshatch in his "T" is supposed to be, because his signature honestly looks more like "Drumph."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Oh Thank God, cuz he was gonna win...

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Honestly it sorta looks like Cyrillic cursive

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chilichimp posted:

He was polling at like 10%

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dick Trauma posted:

Goddamn am I tired of Trump saying "NOBODY KNOWS THIS!" "NOT MANY PEOPLE KNOW THIS!"

Trump is the physical manifestation of a "One weird trick to.." ad

Oh poo poo, NK is making more sense that the US, what the gently caress!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Chilichimp posted:

The poll that showed him winning was literally, no joke, from a pollster that fakes data to influence betting markets. He never stood a real chance.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pakled posted:

For a Republican, yeah, that's really bad. Obama was lower, though.

Huh. Why did the Navy specifically like Obama more than the other branches? That's outside the margin of error and into "what's going on there" territory. Anyone happen to know?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Y'all are missing the best part of the cheque, which is the accompanying letter which blames his attorneys. In an incredible feat, they managed to clear up all that red tape on the day the report came out in the Washington Post.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Yes, and he probably really really really wants to use the gold color.

edit: Like I'm 100% the ghost writer of Art of the Deal and another journo that shadowed Donnie, confirmed that he has a box of sharpie brand markers.

Also reminder, Token #3 said he used to be a thug that loved stabbing ,but found jeaaazus and became good. Also his wife and son are working for him doing ___________ and carson keeps complaining about HUD doing anti lead(the metal/elemnt) stuff at poor people places.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Huh. Why did the Navy specifically like Obama more than the other branches? That's outside the margin of error and into "what's going on there" territory. Anyone happen to know?

Navy is famously the most liberal of the branches. The specific reasoning on that I'm not sure of though.

• Locked thread