Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

C. Everett Koop posted:

"Paul says you're working Sandman tonight."
"Is he drunk or sober?"
"Drunk."
"Phew."

Ready to wrestle Jeff Hardy Sting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Jake Roberts was in much worse shape when he main evented Heroes of Wrestling so many years ago

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I remember when Scott Hall noshowed a weekly TNA show and was scheduled to team with Waltman and Road Dogg, JJ cut a long smug promo about how he wasn't surprised Scott wasn't there.

We've come full circle, I guess.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Jake Roberts was in much worse shape when he main evented Heroes of Wrestling so many years ago

The cream truly rose to the top that day

I remember some internet idiot holding that promo up as proof that Jake could perform well anywhere at any time unlike these losers today and I felt like I was listening to a madman

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Jeff did look a little better than Jake, but you can tell he is not in a good place.

Somebody needs to put up the DDP Signal.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Why would you even bother booking Jeff Jarrett?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Bigass Moth posted:

Ain't he great?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bigass Moth posted:

as a favor these days.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

So you can choke on that, Slap Nuts.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bigass Moth posted:

Memphis nostalgia.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Well, when the mod, Chris Regal, faked his own death they all pretty much left and moved to Impact Asylum, but it's not quite the same level of derangement over there. I mean, there's some since it's still a TNA fan site, but it's less funny and more sad.

He faked his death??! What happened? Haha wow... I haven't kept up with it since the reports of him dying

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

He faked his death??! What happened? Haha wow... I haven't kept up with it since the reports of him dying

Oh my dude it was glorious.

So he dies, of cancer that he had been living with for at least a year and never mentioned or referenced even once. But he's given the benefit of the doubt because why wouldn't you.

Soon after, a poster shows up on Mecca named George. George claims to be Chris's brother, who was given access to the site by Chris's sister and acts as a mod, despite not watching TNA , or much wrestling in general. Chris's sister also talks to the other mod, BigDawg, and says the site's costs are paid for and makes him the primary steward of Mecca.

George posts increasingly frequently, and occasionally lets slip weird details about Chris, like the fact that he had a son (also never referenced). More and more people, including one of the site's columnists, start openly talking about George being Chris.

Eventually, BigDawg gets some kind of conclusive proof (I think someone on the F4W board doxxed Chris but never released any information other than to BigDawg) of Chris being alive, and abruptly quits. Chris makes one last attempt to salvage things by showing up as "Theo", an independent person that Chris hired to run the site before his death. No one, even the deluded clowns on Mecca, buys this, and they all leave for TNAsylum (now Impact Asylum).

So Chris was George, Theo, and probably his sister. I assume he's posting on Asylum under yet another name to this day. It's the only TNA community left, really.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

He faked his own death, then his brother logged on to his Mecca account to thank everyone, then started moderating, then started liking TNA, then posted the exact same opinions as his brother.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
That is better thought out than 99% of actual TNA angles.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/888190892338794496

This is a pretty good summary of everything that happened.

It's a shame TNAMecca wasn't around for the announcement of Impact pizza. Could've been gold.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flashy_mcflash posted:

So he dies, of cancer that he had been living with for at least a year and never mentioned or referenced even once. But he's given the benefit of the doubt because why wouldn't you.

Soon after, a poster shows up on Mecca named George. George claims to be Chris's brother, who was given access to the site by Chris's sister and acts as a mod, despite not watching TNA , or much wrestling in general. Chris's sister also talks to the other mod, BigDawg, and says the site's costs are paid for and makes him the primary steward of Mecca.

George posts increasingly frequently, and occasionally lets slip weird details about Chris, like the fact that he had a son (also never referenced). More and more people, including one of the site's columnists, start openly talking about George being Chris.

Eventually, BigDawg gets some kind of conclusive proof (I think someone on the F4W board doxxed Chris but never released any information other than to BigDawg) of Chris being alive, and abruptly quits. Chris makes one last attempt to salvage things by showing up as "Theo", an independent person that Chris hired to run the site before his death. No one, even the deluded clowns on Mecca, buys this, and they all leave for TNAsylum (now Impact Asylum).

So Chris was George, Theo, and probably his sister. I assume he's posting on Asylum under yet another name to this day. It's the only TNA community left, really.

:wtc:

I wish there was a place with top tier Mecca quotes.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

flashy_mcflash posted:

What was Chris trying to achieve? What was his endgame?

For example, if people hated him on the site, he fakes his death and comes back as George to continue posting without having people hate him. It's crazy internet weirdness, but at least you can understand his reasoning.

But I can not see a reason for doing all this elaborate shadow puppetry on an internet wrestling site.

Also, were I to die, I would hope the last thing my brother would think to do would be to continue my posting legacy on an internet wrestling board. But I guess my family has weird priorities.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think it started off as a lie that just got out of control. There's definitely some mental illness at play here.

The Greece Story really needs to be seen to be believed, with the idea that he's presumably telling this story about himself

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/875018578654842882

e: Both Bob Ryder and Dave Lagana interacted with this person many times.Ryder posted on Mecca and lurked there A LOT. Dixie Carter and Allie tweeted condolences when Regal died.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 25, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I dunno, if I was stuck in bed for life or some poo poo, that would absolutely be how I'd pass my time.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/885322413373874176

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Finally, a new quad for trips

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

:golfclap:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

:discourse:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Mahaha

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Really really hope the Observer has a story or two about IMPACT's new hires.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Really really hope the Observer has a story or two about IMPACT's new hires.

Who have they hired?

I don't always want to be the guy posting in this thread to make fun of the company, but their roster has been so depleted that I barely recognize anybody who was left on it, and I can't imagine them picking up any "bigger" names in new hires.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Maybe they hired Teddy Hart to comply with CanCon laws.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Who have they hired?

I don't always want to be the guy posting in this thread to make fun of the company, but their roster has been so depleted that I barely recognize anybody who was left on it, and I can't imagine them picking up any "bigger" names in new hires.

If they are moving to Canada you'd assume they'd sign some Canadians.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

rovert posted:

I'd like to see Speedball Mike Bailey get some more recognition after his Visa issues, but I'd also like to see him make money.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

you'd assume

This is TNA, I never assume.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rovert posted:

What's Bret Hart doing in the Impact Zone?!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RZApublican posted:

What's Bret Hart doing in the Impact Zone?!

They do need a replacement for the Jim Cornette/Bruce Pritchard role.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Is Petey back?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hasnt petey been back?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Is Petey back?

he's competing for the X-Division title at BOUND FOR GLORY

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I had to Google to find out who's the current X Division champ. Trevor Lee is still around, huh?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hes fine

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Trevor Lee was one of those guys who I remember having a lot of hype, then he started working in TNA and that hype died a swift death.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

He's young and still has good matches in PWG. CMLL should sign him and tag him with Cavernario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Trevor Lee hype is greater than ever the deeper inside the wrestling bubble you go