Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/922915655640236033

it seems like a swell idea to keep letting this dude play

Shut him down. Redshirt him - it's a goddamn time honored Sixers tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Aye Doc posted:

I seriously don't understand how they are letting him play

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Aye Doc posted:

WHY THE gently caress IS HE STILL PLAYING THIS WAS OBVIOUS AS poo poo FFS

im angry irl!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

a swell idea

:iamafag:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

the mean lunch lady posted:

I thought Iguodala was the gay hating Warrior?

As if there's only one?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

scuz posted:

pffffffff hahahahaha you're not kiddin

This is a real good Westbrook tattoo, what's the issue?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Aye Doc posted:

Man this guy is just trying to do Luol Deng's career arc 10 years early I think.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

It's very strange. I watched Bucks/Cavs on Friday, and announcers just have no idea how to talk about Giannis. He's very clearly one of the absolute best players in the NBA and if any more veteran player were putting up his numbers right now it would be automatic MVP discussion. It seems like everyone is really hesitant to declare him that good even though he was all-NBA last year and his lines are even better this year.

I mean look at his loving stats they are insane. He's avg 33/10/5/2/2 on 63% shooting in his first 4 games. That's absolutely nuts.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Libertine posted:

It's very strange. I watched Bucks/Cavs on Friday, and announcers just have no idea how to talk about Giannis. He's very clearly one of the absolute best players in the NBA and if any more veteran player were putting up his numbers right now it would be automatic MVP discussion. It seems like everyone is really hesitant to declare him that good even though he was all-NBA last year and his lines are even better this year.

I mean look at his loving stats they are insane. He's avg 33/10/5/2/2 on 63% shooting in his first 4 games. That's absolutely nuts.

Doing it all without shooting 3s is also just part of the crazy. You'd think old-school players would be gushing over him just because of that.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

scuz posted:

pffffffff hahahahaha you're not kiddin

Teenage mutant ninja turtle?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I enjoy Markelle Fultz being listed as missing the end of the preseason because of knee soreness when it was because he had his shoulder drained and couldn't lift his arms.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Giannis is the alpha and the omega

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Why isnt Fultz getting the Sixers redshirt

He needs one

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

shut down Fultz for all that's good and holy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

CRISPYBABY posted:

Yeah I mean he doesn't look bad, he looks gimpy. It's weird. I'll press the panic button if he still looks bad by the ASB.

You shouldn't pull the panic button then, either. Guards take a couple years in general to start to be decent (and the ones who catch on quickly are usually older).

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Well, bad is relative. I'll take "normal, developing guard" bad over the kinda unplayable shambling mess he is right now.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

You shouldn't pull the panic button then, either. Guards take a couple years in general to start to be decent (and the ones who catch on quickly are usually older).

Your Lonzo optimism is heartening.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

CRISPYBABY posted:

Well, bad is relative. I'll take "normal, developing guard" bad over the kinda unplayable shambling mess he is right now.

Yeah, he's passing up shots right now. It's not a cold streak, it's something hosed.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Brett Brown doing more for 76ers health than the medical staff

https://streamable.com/isbhr

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Yeah, he's passing up shots right now. It's not a cold streak, it's something hosed.

I posted this yesterday
https://streamable.com/amp_player/6hhop

That is not a normal shooting form.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Away all Goats posted:

Brett Brown doing more for 76ers health than the medical staff

https://streamable.com/isbhr

That wet spot on the floor was there all game and multiple players slipped on it. Bayless slipped on it later and was down for a second holding his leg. It was pretty ridiculous.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

SamuraiFoochs posted:

As if there's only one?

He's the only one I've ever seen anything about

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why isnt Fultz getting the Sixers redshirt

He needs one

There's a first round playoff exit to play for now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm convinced at this point that Coangelo won't put Fultz on the IL to recover because he's trying to get as far away from the Hinkie era as possible and shelving a top three pick for the fourth straight year is about as Hinkie as it gets (in his mind)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Aye Doc posted:

Shoot with the other hand imho

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
The Process was about redshirting guys so they could develop into gods, The Moment is about ruining young players' careers for a shot at that sweet playoff money.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

the mean lunch lady posted:

He's the only one I've ever seen anything about

From what article? It's hard to look it up because of rudy gay's free agency.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/922890884009492480

No, no it isn't.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

ThePariah posted:

The Process was about redshirting guys so they could develop into gods, The Moment is about ruining young players' careers for a shot at that sweet playoff money.

Sad but true.

Embiid, Simmons, and Covington will drag this team to the playoffs by themselves anyway

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahaha good lord, it looks like the attempt at "tagging" that I made in 6th grade

Fun fact he was 17 when he got it, told the story on an episode of road trippin

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

We have a Bobby Portis?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Cool Buff Man posted:

He is but that is one of the ugliest tattoos I have ever seen

Marquis Daniels the GOAT

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Any teams I can root for in the east? I'm a Pittsburg fan so I don't really have an east team and it's hard to follow the Lakers living on the east coast.

Bucks seem bandwagon, Cavs are whatever but Lebron is fun to watch. I think I'm down to Nets or Hornets. Maybe Wizards, I might actually make it to a game that way. I've traveled to D.C. for a Pens/Caps game before.

Tales of Woe posted:

Hornets are good if you want a team that is perpetually underrated but still has a 50 win ceiling

Stay far away from Charlotte, just watch Kemba Walker highlights

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Like why start Fultz? Why stop the Process now? Do you know how good Marvin Bagley would look running down the floor with Simmons when Embiid is still on a minute restriction next year?

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

MourningView posted:

There's a first round playoff exit to play for now

This would've been the perfect time to sit him then. The sixers have a brutal opening stretch of the season where they probably aren't going to win a lot anyway. Depending on how long the recovery time is it seems crazy to let him play through this.

Especially since at some point his efficiency will drop to the point where not playing him is actually prefereble.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

kiimo posted:

Like why start Fultz? Why stop the Process now? Do you know how good Marvin Bagley would look running down the floor with Simmons when Embiid is still on a minute restriction next year?

They will go 38-44, lose in the first round to Cleveland and still get Bagley anyway when the Lakers win the lottery.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

tanglewood1420 posted:

They will go 38-44, lose in the first round to Cleveland and still get Bagley anyway when the Lakers win the lottery.

If they had the #1 pick they should take Luka though.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Aye Doc posted:

Cool that they're trying to ruin his career before it really even starts

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

kiimo posted:

If they had the #1 pick they should take Luka though.

Yeah he fits their team better. Difficult to see how you could play Bagley with both Embiid and Simmons. I think offensively they'd make it work, but defensively the other team just wouldn't have enough bigs for them to all guard a guy. However:

Fultz
Doncic
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

That's crazy levels of ball handling and shot creation across the whole team, and four good shooters around Simmons (assuming Fultz gets his stroke back post-injury). Doncic is probably never going to be better than average defensively (though he does try hard which is a plus) but with Covington he wouldn't have to guard the best wing every night.

I think Bagley on the Knicks with Porzingis moving to the 5 full-time would potentially be incredible.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Embiid: Me
Simmons: Tae typing names out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It's a little funny that the NBA mandated Philadelphia regime change front office has replaced intense concern about injuries with a complete disregard for their first overall pick's infected shoulder

It's a little funny that the Pistons' new arena has remained empty, they're refusing to give tickets to schools to make the place look full. Reggie Jackson is still an awful player who bashes the offense to death with dribbling

• Locked thread