Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ad for stufff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xKqbzd7HgQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
here's my idea for ads, instead of having some ad agency get a zillion dollars just pay me directly to look at your content

pay me to look at your ads but don't make a profile that shows i don't buy things

just use my basic demographics so it looks like i would be worth spending a lot of money on to look at your ads and then pay me a bunch of money or just give me whatever you're advertising but for free

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
like how they give hollywood actors a bunch of money and ipads and candles or whatever but give it to me instead

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

you ever come to a club where people wee on each other?

im gonna hurt you

name escapes me but there’s this club in New York thats high up, and has an opening where you can piss on the city below

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

OldAlias posted:

name escapes me but there’s this club in New York thats high up, and has an opening where you can piss on the city below

frightful

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

angry_keebler posted:

here's my idea for ads, instead of having some ad agency get a zillion dollars just pay me directly to look at your content

pay me to look at your ads but don't make a profile that shows i don't buy things

just use my basic demographics so it looks like i would be worth spending a lot of money on to look at your ads and then pay me a bunch of money or just give me whatever you're advertising but for free

more ROI on ads and famous people than just giving your product away

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

lol who approved this bs? its longer than 55 seconds

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

pagancow posted:

more ROI on ads and famous people than just giving your product away

no i mean i want those old ad click payout schemes except i just turn my tv on and then a guy drives up to my house with a big sack with dollar signs on it and gives me the bag and there's a lot of money in the bag

but i still don't view the ads or buy the products because i don't buy the sorts of things that get advertised anyway

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

angry_keebler posted:

no i mean i want those old ad click payout schemes except i just turn my tv on and then a guy drives up to my house with a big sack with dollar signs on it and gives me the bag and there's a lot of money in the bag

but i still don't view the ads or buy the products because i don't buy the sorts of things that get advertised anyway

im on board with angery keebler and gently caress pagancows ideas about ROI or some bullshit I dont even know what it stands for

also requiresting my money bag has no less than three lines in the dollar sign

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

"guys i want money but dont want to do anything for it"

"gently caress this world why am I not rich!!!"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

id like ot amend my previous post itt

u cant spell advertisement w/out "its bad"

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
apparently they've started editing new product placements into old shows

http://ew.com/article/2011/07/07/how-i-met-your-mother-reruns-bad-teacher-zookeeper/

quote:

If you’ve watched syndicated reruns of the sitcom How I Met Your Mother in 2011, you might have been startled to see advertisements for movies such as Bad Teacher and Zookeeper in episodes that originally aired as early as 2006, long before those films were made. The photos here, for instance, are from the second-season episode titled “Swarley,” which originally aired Nov. 6, 2006 — more than four years before Bad Teacher hit theaters. So… what exactly is going with this phenomenon? EW investigated, and here’s the scoop.

Turns out that 20th Television — the studio distributor behind Mother — has been selling promotional spots in syndicated episodes to wring even more money out of the sitcom’s already rich syndication deals. Specifically, the feat is accomplished by a partnership with a company, SeamBI, which stands for Seamless Brand Integration and is responsible for digitally altering old episodes with new products and brands.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
the artistic integrity of friends "how i met your mother" is shattered

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I guess the question then would become: "Why would I want to associate my brand with people using 10 year-old phones?"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Schadenboner posted:

I guess the question then would become: "Why would I want to associate my brand with people using 10 year-old phones?"

good for selling android phones

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

barney logs into his work system running [CHROMEOS] where he reads an email about [DREAMWORKS PRESENTS MINIONS] sounds right for the target audience of himym reruns

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/923275423617830918

advertisement

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

im gettin tired of people sharing around wolfenstein ads, whether or not internet nazis are mad about them

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

all ads are bad

much like nazis

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

CommunistPancake posted:

im gettin tired of people sharing around wolfenstein ads, whether or not internet nazis are mad about them

owned. owned by ads

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E3SiEzEggg

lol XBOX1X unboxing video with a Sony PS4 Pro Preroll ad on this other branded content (ad)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

They called the 4th Xbox Xbox One X

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

just wanted to update this thread to let y'all know that when i saw the ads for The Orville they made it look like the worst most abominable poo poo imaginable, and i was actively repelled from watching it, and it took human beings telling me otherwise to convince me to watch it and actually it's fairly decent. the advertising was 100% detrimental.

well done, ads

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

here's an ad success story for you

in 'stranger things: 2' there's a segment where the boy and girl go to somebody's house for dinner, but the family didn't have time to cook, so they ordered Kentucky Fried Chicken instead. it's really over the top; they're crunching into the extra-crispy skin, complimenting the meal, yum yum yum. they even throw in the "finger-lickin good" tagline.

anyway so i go to bed after watching this drivel, and i have a beautiful dream about a KFC drive-thru. then I wake up, and that's all I can think about. a few hours later the colonel has my $5 for one of his lovely chicken boxes. cha-ching

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
fuckin' love KFC. did you get the mashed potatoes and gravy? love that gravy.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

fuckin' love KFC. did you get the mashed potatoes and gravy? love that gravy.

for $5 you can get three chicken tendies, a bowl of mashed potatoes & gravy, extra sauce, and a chocolate chip cookie. it's a pretty great deal

e: and a drink

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
man gently caress i want some kfc now

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

someone talked about an ad last night, something to do with i think kitchens or tiles?

just a lil update on my blind exposure

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Sagebrush posted:

just wanted to update this thread to let y'all know that when i saw the ads for The Orville they made it look like the worst most abominable poo poo imaginable, and i was actively repelled from watching it, and it took human beings telling me otherwise to convince me to watch it and actually it's fairly decent. the advertising was 100% detrimental.

well done, ads

sounds like some non unions cut that

always hire an ACE

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

guys this is post your cool ads thread, not talk about "i saw an ad"

thats like saying "guys i breathed oxygen today! now im so dirty!"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i only use filterete™ brand air filter when viewing ads

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pagancow posted:

except we don’t hate oxygen and actively try to filter it out of our lives.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pagancow posted:

I ain't seen a good ad in a long, long time

the green tuft & needle bus station ad campaign all over the city got me to look into and eventually buy one of their mattresses, so i guess that was a good campaign. the casper mattress ads on every podcast everywhere got me to specifically reject their product.

ads are best when they are seen and not heard, and when they're not seen anywhere you would otherwise have something nice

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXFspfkzHgA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5D56SOWBkw

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOtsjPOMku4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ok, here's a good ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMj7wJOiZKA

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

thinkin' bout this dog ad
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ADgU/frontline-gold-doesnt-quit

that they just took from this dog video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-UVkVG6bC4&hd=1

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uV3uUsoRe4

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol if you willingly eat that kfc trash. does your area not have at least a popeyes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

the green tuft & needle bus station ad campaign all over the city got me to look into and eventually buy one of their mattresses, so i guess that was a good campaign. the casper mattress ads on every podcast everywhere got me to specifically reject their product.

ads are best when they are seen and not heard, and when they're not seen anywhere you would otherwise have something nice

the sherman williams ones are pretty clever (the ones where everything is made up of paint swatches)

the CoD WWII commercial is fun even though i don't play bideo james

• Locked thread