Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

pagancow posted:

john carmack is integrating his own versions of video codecs in VR because most content is shot at 59.94 and he can see the judder every second.

He wants to scale the audio playback, and have the video play back at the refresh rate of the panel (which is like 60.25 on mobile for some reason)

:swoon:

lol

and oculus is strategically not paying off for facebook (yet)

i dont think real humans can see 0.085 fps beat frequency or will pay for it or care but maybe space aliens from the future like carmack can?

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Malcolm XML posted:

lol

and oculus is strategically not paying off for facebook (yet)

i dont think real humans can see 0.085 fps beat frequency or will pay for it or care but maybe space aliens from the future like carmack can?

if you don't think it's baller that carmack is burning facebook money on obsessive stuff like this and not finding a way to subliminally inject ads directly into your eyeballs i don't know what 2 say

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

john carmack once liked my tweet linking him to the h.265 spec

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm okay with carmack wasting facebook's money on deadend tech for uber-nerds

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

josh04 posted:

john carmack once liked my tweet linking him to the h.265 spec

Josh04 is now the new pagancow

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you aren’t enxoding with h266 already

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

pagancow posted:

Search Ebay for "Steve Jobs Action figure" and there's tons of chinese sellers who dont gaf about likeness rights in the US

also some chinese in general https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAMwY0-Vo8I

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Endless Mike posted:

i'm okay with carmack wasting facebook's money on deadend tech for uber-nerds

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Generic Monk posted:

if you don't think it's baller that carmack is burning facebook money on obsessive stuff like this and not finding a way to subliminally inject ads directly into your eyeballs i don't know what 2 say

I own Facebook shares so no

if I didn't then well hell yeah doom injected into my retinas please

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

wrap it up 3ccdailures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-811lVi0Qc

lol who even thought 3ccd was a good idea?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Oh hey a new sone alpha camera. Must be Thursday.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

true

true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tauYnVE6ykU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i have the little baby sony alpha 6000 and i am thinking about upgrading it but ... i got all this crop sensor glass for it already i feel like why bother

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sniep posted:

i have the little baby sony alpha 6000 and i am thinking about upgrading it but ... i got all this crop sensor glass for it already i feel like why bother

sell all the crop sensor glass. get the full frame glass. :homebrew:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i mean it'd sure be more appealing to do that and upgrade all to full frame if the output wasnt great from the aps-c a6000 to start with

like its above my level as it is so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

The high resolution cameras cropped down are still like 28MP so just jump in

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

you must be the full frame, you must taste the full frame

mmmm tastes like more light photons per image

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

you can also go larger than full frame!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pagancow posted:

The high resolution cameras cropped down are still like 28MP so just jump in

my 350d is 8mp and I dont think ive ever wished it was more :smugmrgw:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

it’s sure as poo poo not 15 stops dynamic range

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

why would you even touch a camera that can’t fill 10,000 nits brightness now that the hdr standard exists?

pagancow fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 27, 2017

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

that’s like listening to music with one broken speaker

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

it’s like ruining the 100,000$ shot because you decided a go pro was “good enough”

pagancow fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 27, 2017

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

you might as well use just one prong on the electrical socket becuase who the gently caress cares?!?!?!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

I mean, like what are lights? who gives a flying gently caress about production value?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

its not like kids have 8k searing into their eyes in vr headsets or anything NOOOOOPPPEE

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

or movie theaters dont have 22.2 object positional audio mixed by a loving OSCAR WINNING ENGINEER OR ANYTHING

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

NO YOU DECIDED IT WAS OK TO DOWNLOAD A MOVIE AND NOW YOU WONDER WHY YOU CANT DOWNLOAD A CAR

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

"8 mega pixels is enough" gently caress outa here bud my sock lint has more resolution than the sensor in that thing

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON THE CCD ARGUMENT AGAIN GOD DAMNIT

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

DONT SLAM THE loving DOOR ON THE CARD READER

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

some of us cut our teeth on a loving tape deck, we carassed that thing and we LOVED it becuase it was our livelyhood

all 50 pounds of beta cam on my shoulder

DO YOU HEAR ME COMPLAINING ABOUT BACK PROBLEMS? NO.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

so we know you're a resolution and pixel ignorer, you dont have to be a bitch too

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

in the future, we will all be flying around in internet 2021 like johnny nmemonic with our 21k displays searing into our eyes and you'll still be herp derping around with 8mp point and shoot plugged into some dc adapter because the battery died 5 years ago and you'll be like "its good enough!!!!! now wheres an sd card reader?" and we'll all laugh because thats like using a floppy drive in 2017

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

nice meltdown

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

nothing of worth was ever shot on a floppy disk. soon kids will be like "nothing of worth was ever shot on an sd card" becuase it wont be HDR, VR, 3d, HMD, suck a d, REC.2020, mass of pixels gloriously graded in orange and teal the only two colors that are allowed to exist in the next century due to state mandated color grading for all video to save our selves from poorly white balanced video

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
this is a great containment thread

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BattleMaster posted:

nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pagancow posted:

"8 mega pixels is enough" gently caress outa here bud my sock lint has more resolution than the sensor in that thing

photos of my kids are cute and more valiable that million dollar dick pics that you make mate

• Locked thread