Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I hope in 40 years we use the word Redhat as an epithet much as we do Stasi now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

AKs CURE FASCISTS

Go old school: BARs CURE FASCISTS

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

AKs CURE FASCISTS

zeris i am filing for a namechange

obviously using capitalism to glorify comrade Kalashnikov's greatest invention is unacceptable

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

GOP CURES STUPID would work too.

I disagree with this false username.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I disagree with this false username.

Fake name?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/922459656487866368

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Yeah totally the same thing

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/922923925373304832

Who the gently caress is “we” because I stopped waiting for it like two years ago.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 24, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wow I actually forgot we were waiting for a pivot at some point.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Wasn't that point in February?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Who the gently caress is “we” because I stopped waiting for it like two years ago.

Idiots who think Trump was just trolling and could be controlled even if he was serious.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It’s good to know that in October of 2017 I am not the only one who was completely caught off guard by Trump being a piece of poo poo.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

That's a nice ratio he's got with that tweet

E: ratio in this case refers to the ratio of replies to retweets. Generally speaking more than 2:1 means you said something dumb and the replies are generally critical of what you said. 10:1 means you done hosed up.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

That's a nice ratio he's got with that tweet

Every time that guy tweets half the replies are telling him to pay his loving child support, cause he's a piece of poo poo

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

The generals knew what they signed up for.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Joe Walsh is *easily* one of the dumbest people on earth.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/922951514708234240

Look forward to idiots using this as an excuse to discredit the entire thing based on that alone.

Not to say everything in it was 100% accurate but still.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
So the Clinton campaign engaged in opposition research. What of it?

e: fixed phone typo

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 24, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

So the Clinton campaigned engaged in opposition research. What of it?

BUT THE FBI USED THE DOSSIER AND WANTED TO PAY THE GUY SO THE FBI IS CORRUPT AND ANTI-TRUMP

In all seriousness, the below screenshot basically explains why it actually means nothing at all, but will be blown so far out of proportion that it will join the two other anti-Hillary investigations the House GOP just started up.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/922914199965073408

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Professor Bling posted:

I remember you posting about this last year (feels like last year anyway) so unfortunately I entirely believe you

Hahaha yeah same. It's still kinda funny though.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/aestheticnon/status/922973638567096320

Edit:

https://twitter.com/FT/status/922880426724741120

rofl

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 25, 2017

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
France has a pretty unsustainable level of public sector as a percentage of GDP as is, so I'd actually say France is one of the few cases where liberalizing market reforms probably isn't the worst thing in the world for the French economy.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

France has a pretty unsustainable level of public sector as a percentage of GDP as is, so I'd actually say France is one of the few cases where liberalizing market reforms probably isn't the worst thing in the world for the French economy.

I bet it leads to discontent and an easy win for LePen next election

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gosh, I wonder if there's something about the the widow and the congresswoman that makes them open to criticism and doubt by people like Joe Walsh.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Two things

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
3 minimum

Black
Women
Democrats

iverson
Apr 25, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I bet it leads to discontent and an easy win for LePen next election

In the article this change ends up being a net loss of 3.5b euro in annual tax revenue. That’s a ~1% loss of overall tax revenue or the equivalent of eliminating US estate tax twice over. So yeah this could play out badly if trickle down doesn’t magically start working.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

When will it be legal to just murder anyone poorer than you?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Canemacar posted:

It's effectively already legal, we just have the veneer of process to claim legitimacy.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Canemacar posted:

see: castle doctrine

or

long before it becomes legal to murder anyone richer than you

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Canemacar posted:

You don't have to be rich to be a cop

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
a lot of people got to kill a lot of poor people in iraq/afghanistan.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Professor Bling posted:

see: castle doctrine

I think you mean "stand your ground" which is basically Clint Eastwood style MAKE MY DAY fantasy bullshit codified into law, which gave us George Zimmerman as a F list celebrity.

quote:

much better

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
just remember if youre going to hop out of your truck and pick a fight with a kid, be sure to kill him so you dont have any witnesses of you getting your rear end kicked

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Professor Bling posted:

'Legal' worked out real well for the Tsars after all.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I hope y'all like forced arbitration clauses.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/923009327270576128

Pence came down and broke a 50-50 tie. A Consumer Financial Protection Bureau rule stopped financial service and product providers, such as banks (and lol Equifax), from using arbitration clauses to stop class-action lawsuits. Republicans just cancelled that rule, giving Wall Street and banks a big ol' win :toot:

http://www.rollcall.com/warren-dared-pence-protect-arbitration-rule-senators-killed/

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lmao equifax is gonna come out of all of this unscathed

edit: Jeff Flake voted yes

shyduck fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 25, 2017

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Bitcoin Unaffected

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
i am shocked. shocked i say.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Bitcoin Unaffected
BUY BUY BUY!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

shyduck posted:

lmao equifax is gonna come out of all of this unscathed

edit: Jeff Flake voted yes

you mean that his recent massive anti-trump speech that's being hailed as a "finally the GOP is saying something" may have just been cover to continue to gently caress poors? :thunk:

• Locked thread