Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

visuvius posted:

Slightly positive development. Ace continues to be an insane, narcissistic, hypocritical prick but they've started a new segment in every podcast called Good Sports with Dameshek. Shek is great, the segment is always light and the theme song is pretty fantastic.

Yea I wish they’d just spin this off into its own show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

visuvius posted:

Slightly positive development. Ace continues to be an insane, narcissistic, hypocritical prick but they've started a new segment in every podcast called Good Sports with Dameshek. Shek is great, the segment is always light and the theme song is pretty fantastic.

I'm quitting the show over exactly this. Dameshek is awful, and their 20-minutes inserted into the middle of every show is unbearable.

Combined with the obsession with safe spaces, or whatever it is, and the screaming about whatever pedantic bullshit, I'm done.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Red posted:

I'm quitting the show over exactly this. Dameshek is awful, and their 20-minutes inserted into the middle of every show is unbearable.

Combined with the obsession with safe spaces, or whatever it is, and the screaming about whatever pedantic bullshit, I'm done.

It's terrible. Terrible all around.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Moniker posted:

It's terrible. Terrible all around.

New thread title?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Red posted:

I quit listening a few months ago because he REPEATS THE SAME STORIES OVER AND OVER.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I listened to the Alison Rosen podcast yesterday because Bald Bryan was on and it was nice to hear them together again. Also Great to hear that Adam still gives platforms to insane right wing people like Dnesh Dsouza and Milo Yana whatever, and thinks that PR as a country is at fault for not being ready for disasters and should bootstrap itself to be better. When told PR is literally part of the United States it sounds like all he could muster was, "yea but still."

great pod, just the best pod

Tweak fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 4, 2017

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Tweak posted:

I listened to the Alison Rosen podcast yesterday because Bald Bryan was on and it was nice to hear them together again. Also Great to hear that Adam still gives platforms to insane right wing people like Dnesh Dsouza and Milo Yana whatever, and thinks that PR as a country is at fault for not being ready for disasters and should bootstrap itself to be better. When told PR is literally part of the United States it sounds like all he could muster was, "yea but still."

great pod, just the best pod
Best part of that interview. Adam is ranting about poo poo he doesn't even know about it (what's new?)

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
To be fair, the list of poo poo Adam Knows About could be printed on a post-it note of normal size in 60pt font and still have some space remaining.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
No discussion about Sonny's probable brain damage?

GRIT (and no helmets)

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I don't think anyone's listening anymore. I just have this bookmarked in case I have a comment about Penn's Sunday School or Ray/Stromer On The House.

What happened?

edit: jeez I didn't need a picture

vote_no fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 25, 2017

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
https://www.reddit.com/r/AdamCarolla/comments/760mts/what_happened_to_sonny/

He fell off his bike without a helmet, and then his parents abandoned him at the hospital

Good times etc

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
And don't forget Adam left him to do some podcasts and Lynette hopped on a plane to go see Bruce Springsteen. She loves the poo poo out of those kids.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

What the gently caress

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

considering the nanny raised those two kids she probably had more business being there than adam or lynette anyways

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Reddit is generally worthless, but the reaction to this makes it worth reading about

- Adam was too cheap to buy a second helmet, since there was one "at the shop"
- Lynette peace'd out to see Bruce
- Those pictures are on the official website: http://adamcarolla.com/jeff-cesario/ (LOOK AT THAT LUMP HOLY GOD)

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Holy poo poo.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
That non-existent bike helmet? NOT a chair.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Didn't he bitch about bike helmets in his book? Also why would you post a picture of your child online like that.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

half expecting a gofundme

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
So apparently Adam had been complaining about Sonny being 10 and still not knowing how to ride a bike because he was too scared. Then this happens. Sonny's a pretty fragile kid from what Adam says, which is then followed up by him complaining about how we're all pussies nowadays.

Edit: https://twitter.com/adamcarolla/status/802214761484029952

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 25, 2017

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Quote is not edit, gently caress

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 25, 2017

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Goddamnit sorry, fell off my bike

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Goddamnit sorry, fell off my bike

hahaha

Poor loving kid. What a shock, Adam does nothing but complain about his own lovely parents, then continues the cycle by being a lovely parent in turn.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

WampaLord posted:

hahaha

Poor loving kid. What a shock, Adam does nothing but complain about his own lovely parents, then continues the cycle by being a lovely parent in turn.

Tbf adam's folks just didn't go to his pop warner football games and Adam upped the ante by ignoring his son’s swollen brain to record a weeks worth of stories he's been telling for 25 years

WEH fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 25, 2017

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

So apparently Adam had been complaining about Sonny being 10 and still not knowing how to ride a bike because he was too scared. Then this happens. Sonny's a pretty fragile kid from what Adam says, which is then followed up by him complaining about how we're all pussies nowadays.

imagine how badly adam must bully his own children lol

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I never wore a helmet as a kid either but tbf my parents yelled the poo poo outta me for that

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

I never wore a helmet as a kid either but tbf my parents yelled the poo poo outta me for that

That's the point. Many people did a lot of dumb things back in the day. Then we learned and stopped doing them. Adam didn't learn because Adam is a narcissist.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I almost lost it when I heard that it was Jimmy Kimmel who bought Sonny a helmet after the fact. wtf Adam?

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Jimmy Kimmel = Universal Healthcare

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

pzy posted:

Jimmy Kimmel = Universal Healthcare

Kinda would like to have the problems in our HCS fixed before more Jimbo.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I bet Sonny has some grit now In his wounds

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
All of this was foretold early on when Adam bitched about doctors saying Sonny should wear a helmet to make sure his head was shaped properly.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Just think that in 15 years time, when the kid is in daily therapy sessions, he will be able to come and look at threads like this and come to the revelation that his dad is a massive dickhead.

"Dad I'm so mad at you I'm so mad at you right now!"

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
jeez dont take pictures of people in the hospital its like taking pictures of people in the bathroom

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

dropped in to lol at the last few pages

I still have piles of Loveline I haven't listened to so I start one of those up now and then and pretend Adam retired from showbiz in 2004. It's a better world.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Don't you remember when he invented Podcasting?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

JB50 posted:

I bet Sonny has some grit now In his wounds
:vince:

Law Cheetah posted:

jeez dont take pictures of people in the hospital its like taking pictures of people in the bathroom

I dunno, I guess to each his own. I think it depends on how personal you take being photographed or how embarrassing you think it is to be injured.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Adam canned Ray from the Ace on the House. Not sure if it was just because Adam wrote him off when he didn't get improv training, or what. Did it come up on the main show? Ray & Stromer was my favorite, it's too bad, though I still get a lot out of that show. Adam usually has better advice and is obviously more talented but Ray is way more likeable.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Apparently Ray is the last of his "lifelong buddies" to get fired over stupid money/ego issues. I remember hearing hilarious stories about Ozzie, Ray and Donnie on Loveline and now... he's fired them all. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

What was the deal with Ozzie? I had forgotten about him.