Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Despera
Jun 6, 2011
My only complaint so far is the auto aim is giving me too many headshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What the gently caress they kept the auto aim for the PC?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

What the gently caress is this unskippable intro movie?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Sunshot is crazy good and I hope you didn't miss your chance to pick it up.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I grabbed it. Seemed like a natural fit.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Handguns are so much better on PC. This is great! Just need fast reloads.

Break time tho - no rush for this.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

So what is the appeal of this over, say, me buying some of the borderlands dlcs?

Anyone wanna try to sell me on it?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Ignite Memories posted:

So what is the appeal of this over, say, me buying some of the borderlands dlcs?

Its a fun game with fun endgame content, with continuous content for the next couple of years.
Borderlands is also fun if you can get 3 other friends to play too.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I have no idea what is going on in this game. Who are these people? What's this moon thing? Guess I should have bought a console to play the first one?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

fknlo posted:

I have no idea what is going on in this game. Who are these people? What's this moon thing? Guess I should have bought a console to play the first one?

People that have been playing since day 1 of the first Destiny still don’t know what the traveler is.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

fknlo posted:

This video has been passed around as the best catch-up for people coming in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2avSq-82oI

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

fknlo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gs9AvJS6XY

short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2avSq-82oI

long video

I have been watching some streams and man this look so go on PC. Really good chance I pick this up sometime year, time wise I just couldn't justify a double dip right now.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
yea this is easily the best version of destiny ever and it's pretty obvious why sony paid for the pc version to be delayed

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

whynotboth.jpg

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Devour Warlock is just...he's just a beast.

Need health? Melee. Don't have melee? Grenade yourself.

Such fun.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

J.A.B.C. posted:

Such fun.

watch out for winters guile and karnstein armlets

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

J.A.B.C. posted:

Such fun.

Devour is OP as hell, enjoy it for now because that’ll be one of the first things to get nerfed

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

1stGear posted:

Sunshot is crazy good and I hope you didn't miss your chance to pick it up.

Where do you get it?

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Request sent to BIG DUMB SERIOUS HOTDOGS, I'll be in as SpellNinja

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Despera posted:

whynotboth.jpg

walletmoth.gif

Amdis
Jan 9, 2007

Sent a request to SERIOUS OVERCHILL as amdis.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Hope y'all pc havers are having fun! Game looks fantastic from the streams I'm watching. It's fun seeing my fav streamers experience everything for the first time. I might treat myself to a budget rear end pc for Xmas... :thunk:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Bungie learned literally nothing from the first game.

lol I'm sorry you got such lame-rear end responses to this because I had the same thought when first playing the game

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Futaba Anzu posted:

Where do you get it?

Asher Mir gives it as a reward from the first quest on Io.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
dang, i had 60 fps everywhere in the beta but the big open areas like the EDZ and Titan's rigs shake and stutter to like 50 fps. also yowza, the game's a huge cpu hog!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

What's the deal with aim assist on PC? I had heard at some time that it was only enabled if you were using a controller, was that not true?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I’m not saying the game isn’t fun but holy poo poo it’s literally just collecting things you already had in Destiny 1. Same characters, same enemies, same classes, same weapons.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
Apparently people are getting banned for editing the config/backing up keybinds. lmao.

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

fknlo posted:

Do not do this. I also had never played D1 and picked it up used to play in the lag time for PC release. People here are not joking. There is almost no plot, and you would be better off watching 5 minutes of that 2 hour lore video. You will learn more about the destiny universe in those five minutes than if you played the first game. This is not hyperbole.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
First day went well. I got to lvl 10 and near or over 100 power level. I’m playing all single player but love how often I am finishing a quest and a public event is starting and I roll right in and help and 3-5 minutes later, we’re all dance emoting around the chest. I’ve played a ton of diablo 1/2/3 over the years but have never played an mmo so this is all new to me.

Plus the launch was absolutely flawless on my end. I was sitting in the client chat and a few minutes before the top of the hour, I switched back to the game page and it said “ PLAY” in bright blue. I clicked, it loaded, and away I went. Not a hint of server queues the whole day. Bravo Bungie and bravo Vicarious Visions.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

All I want is that sweet super high damage pistol from the beta. Is that too much to ask?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

can someone link the page that describes optimal settings for people with 970s and 1440p monitors?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
after playing for a bit my game gets really jittery, even though the in-game FPS counter is still saying I'm between 80 and 100 FPS. What gives?

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

Doorknob Slobber posted:

after playing for a bit my game gets really jittery, even though the in-game FPS counter is still saying I'm between 80 and 100 FPS. What gives?

I had this along with some screen tearing. Try going to Fullscreen Windowed. Worked for me.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mr E posted:

I fixed my fps problem by changing to normal full screen instead of borderless in case that helps anyone.

That fixed it for me too, thanks!

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

is there a way to change your character's face or race at all? all the human options they had were heinous and sure enough I look like a caveperson in game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

How do I get into gen chat

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Subbz posted:

I had this along with some screen tearing. Try going to Fullscreen Windowed. Worked for me.

thank you

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

Subbz posted:

Apparently people are getting banned for editing the config/backing up keybinds. lmao.

Actually I just headed over to the bungie forums and holy gently caress it's already a poo poo-show. Hundreds banned, some even saying as they loaded the game before even playing. Bungie has a policy to not discuss bans ever and people have resorted to getting a refund from Blizzard support after 45 minutes of arguing. Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Holy crap, this game even has soccer. The goal has little firework sparklers that go off when you kick it in. :3:

• Locked thread