Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

Your #theresistance heros Bob Corker, Susan Collins and Jeff Flake just voted to let corporations gently caress you over in arbitration.

Who, other that you, called them heroes? Please quote someone. Or someone lionizing them.

You suck McMagic. You really suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
https://twitter.com/brookefoxnews/s...not-involved%2F

Yeah, we did this, but not the present us, it was totally those other guys. We're the good DNC. Good messaging.

(Yes I know who tweeted it, but I couldn't find the statement anywhere else at the moment)

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 25, 2017

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

mcmagic posted:

Your #theresistance heros Bob Corker, Susan Collins and Jeff Flake just voted to let corporations gently caress you over in arbitration.

They are nobody in this thread's "heros" you moron.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Fuckin Jeff Flake just pussied out and basically handed the Senate seat to that Bannon supported wackjob Kelly Ward.

AZ goons, we have to get out the vote for Krysten Sinema. In this deep red state the odds are against her but up to now I thought it wouldn't be the end of the world if Flake had won again (yeah his voting record sucks but every R that speaks out against Trump was at least saying the right things) but now that's no longer an option.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/923007970543144960

edit: RIP

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/923008619347505152

Kale
May 14, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Its entirely possible to hate Jeff Flake and still like the thing he said on October 24th, 2017.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Charliegrs posted:

Fuckin Jeff Flake just pussied out and basically handed the Senate seat to that Bannon supported wackjob Kelly Ward.

AZ goons, we have to get out the vote for Krysten Sinema. In this deep red state the odds are against her but up to now I thought it wouldn't be the end of the world if Flake had won again (yeah his voting record sucks but every R that speaks out against Trump was at least saying the right things) but now that's no longer an option.

AZ is not a deep red state anymore. It's very getable in a wave year.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Denying your right to the court system for either employment and now the banking system is one of those things that I have no idea how they managed to pull off. There's literally no reason for the common person to support it. I guess this is just another example of our system being completely inelastic from the demands of the public.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

More boomers must die.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Don't they only get a certain number of 50 vote bills? What's up with this?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Javes posted:

Denying your right to the court system for either employment and now the banking system is one of those things that I have no idea how they managed to pull off. There's literally no reason for the common person to support it. I guess this is just another example of our system being completely inelastic from the demands of the public.

Get a load of this dumbass who thinks the gop supports the common person.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

https://twitter.com/brookefoxnews/s...not-involved%2F

Yeah, we did this, but not the present us, it was totally those other guys. We're the good DNC. Good messaging.

(Yes I know who tweeted it, but I couldn't find the statement anywhere else at the moment)

I don't understand why this whole thing is a story. Everyone knew from the beginning who paid for this.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Javes posted:

There is no reason for any common person to support any republican policy. They all still vote for them.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Is this where I get to use the dril tweet?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?lang=en

Yes, a Republican Senator launching a blistering, on the record attack of Donald Trump is a good thing.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

mcmagic posted:

There is no reason for any common person to support any republican policy. They all still vote for them.

nah there's reasons

not GOOD reasons, but there's reasons

mostly spite

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is said every election, and every election this state hands it to the worst poo poo heads possible. Yeah I know on the more local levels it's mixed, but that doesn't really matter. Where it counts, like Governor, Congress, Senate, president, this state votes overwhelmingly Republican and I don't see that changing any time soon. And I have a hard time thinking this state is going to send Krysten Sinema to the Senate considering she barely won in the heavily diverse 9th district in her first Congressional run but it's important we do our best to get her the seat. It would send ripples across the Nation if a Dem won a Senate seat in a red state in 2018.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

mcmagic posted:

Sigh. At least Joe Manchin will never let us down.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ague Proof posted:

Sigh. At least Joe Manchin will never let us down.

Good for him. He did the right thing.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So has Trump declared a state of Emergency on Opiods yet, or is he just gonna forget about that?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Fulchrum posted:

So has Trump declared a state of Emergency on Opiods yet, or is he just gonna forget about that?

He will do it after sanctions, which he will get to right after presenting Obama's real, Kenyan birth certificate.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Lemming posted:

Don't they only get a certain number of 50 vote bills? What's up with this?

Congressional Review Act passed by Gingrich back in the 90s to kill regulations. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has somehow managed to avoid annihilation, along with most of Obama's Dodd-Frank protections. It's still actually working as intended for reasons I haven't been able to fathom. It recently put this arbitration rule out, and the CRA gives congress a set period of time to ban such a regulation, which they just did.

I kind of assumed Dodd-Frank was getting axed in the 2019 Reconciliation bill, but since the ACA managed to take that bullet and keep running, it looks like the GOP will probably have to waste the 2019 50-vote Special forcing through Graham-Cassidy instead.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

dont even fink about it posted:

I don't understand why this whole thing is a story. Everyone knew from the beginning who paid for this.

I mean, you're quoting someone who posts a tweet from a Fox News reporter and then says he had to because he couldn't find another source for it.

So I think the answer is "its not a story" at least not right now if you're not watching Fox News or following their twitter accounts.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Pence approved

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/922806664109182976

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Javes posted:

The common person isn't paying attention to politics.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

TyrantWD posted:

I wouldn't expect much gains for the Democrats in 2018. Look at the Virginia Governor's race - the polling average is basically mirroring Hillary's margin. I don't think any meaningful number of voters or non-voters have budged from where they were on November 8 last year. I feel like this last 9 months has largely been people who were anti-Trump making their opposition to him much more forceful and visible, and then that gets extrapolated as everyone moving towards the left.

I think the biggest problem right now is the Democrats still don’t have a good counter to Trumpism, in addition to not having a uniting figurehead

They’re still trying to fill the void left by Clinton’s loss and flailing pretty hard so far. We’re approaching a full year and they still don’t have a good rallying cry.

The country is moving more the left though, at least in national polls. Medicare for all wouldn’t have even been a discussion a couple years ago. Orange County went blue for the first time in decades.

If we still have Trump around for 2018, people are going to be so sick of his grandiose bullshit that they might be motivated enough to elect people that would impeach him.

In fact, that should probably be a big focus of 2018 if he’s still around. He’s done so much criminal poo poo already calling for justice would motivate the poo poo out of people that would otherwise sit on their rear end Election Day.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

RasperFat posted:

I think the biggest problem right now is the Democrats still don’t have a good counter to Trumpism, in addition to not having a uniting figurehead

They’re still trying to fill the void left by Clinton’s loss and flailing pretty hard so far. We’re approaching a full year and they still don’t have a good rallying cry.

The country is moving more the left though, at least in national polls. Medicare for all wouldn’t have even been a discussion a couple years ago. Orange County went blue for the first time in decades.

If we still have Trump around for 2018, people are going to be so sick of his grandiose bullshit that they might be motivated enough to elect people that would impeach him.

In fact, that should probably be a big focus of 2018 if he’s still around. He’s done so much criminal poo poo already calling for justice would motivate the poo poo out of people that would otherwise sit on their rear end Election Day.

Impeachment is an empty promise. I don't think it's a good campaign issue at all.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Javes posted:

Easy:
"Regulations make it harder for businesses to be successful, which means that repealing regulations reduces costs, which means those savings trickle down to me, the average joe"

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

dont even fink about it posted:

BREAKING NEWS - Clinton campaign pays for oppo research on candidate they're trying to beat

Trump base - "I knew it, that loving bitch"

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe
One of the biggest problems with Democrats and Messaging is that they care what Republicans think or say.

They shouldn't.

The messaging and way forward here is pretty drat clear.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

mcmagic posted:

How is it you are singularly incapable of recognizing that the world does not exist in a binary black-and-white state?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

One of the biggest problems with Democrats and Messaging is that they care what Republicans think or say.

They shouldn't.

The messaging on the tax bill has actually been very good.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

They shouldn't.

I've been saying it for months - just straight up copy the 'Contract with America.' Change a few key items, get everyone to sign it and push it. Guarantee win.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
How hard is it to say, yes we paid for opposition research, which is 100% a legitimate thing to do?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Grammarchist posted:

Congressional Review Act passed by Gingrich back in the 90s to kill regulations. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has somehow managed to avoid annihilation, along with most of Obama's Dodd-Frank protections. It's still actually working as intended for reasons I haven't been able to fathom. It recently put this arbitration rule out, and the CRA gives congress a set period of time to ban such a regulation, which they just did.

I kind of assumed Dodd-Frank was getting axed in the 2019 Reconciliation bill, but since the ACA managed to take that bullet and keep running, it looks like the GOP will probably have to waste the 2019 50-vote Special forcing through Graham-Cassidy instead.

Whats gonna change between now and October 2018 to make congress more likely to pass that poo poo?

RasperFat posted:

The problem is that poo poo stirrers really haven't ever stopped stirring poo poo and trying to continually widen these rifts in the part. You are fooling yourself if you think RUssian attempts to gently caress over the Democrats ended in November 2016.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

How is it you are singularly incapable of recognizing that the world does not exist in a binary black-and-white state?

You want to explain to me the shades of gray in this vote tonight?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

RasperFat posted:

No kidding.

"Have You Seen the Other Guys?"

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

935 posted:

I've been saying it for months - just straight up copy the 'Contract with America.' Change a few key items, get everyone to sign it and push it. Guarantee win.

Cue leftists: "gently caress you! You're lying to me and I hate you!" See what the response was to the Better Deal thing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Fulchrum posted:

Cue leftists: "gently caress you! You're lying to me and I hate you!" See what the response was to the Better Deal thing.

gently caress off with your thread hopping leftist baiting.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

They received criticism and revised and improved the slogan in response? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

935 posted:

I mean I don't exactly think these points would drive out the base:

quote:

1. require all laws that apply to the rest of the country also apply to Congress;
2. select a major, independent auditing firm to conduct a comprehensive audit of Congress for waste, fraud or abuse;
3. cut the number of House committees, and cut committee staff by one-third;
4. limit the terms of all committee chairs;
5. ban the casting of proxy votes in committee;
6. require committee meetings to be open to the public;
7. require a three-fifths majority vote to pass a tax increase;
8. guarantee an honest accounting of the Federal Budget by implementing zero base-line budgeting.

• Locked thread