Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sunning posted:

AC Switch will have to be a leap forward. Pocket Camp's feature set is very impressive.

Assassin's Creed would be perfect for the Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now that Destiny can be played with KB+M I can agree that shooting the guns feels good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78s8d-6QGqQ

Who even needs to use a mouse when the autoaim is this insane?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Tom Nook: I took the liberty of purchasing all the IAP using your saved credit card information. It's okay, you can pay me back later.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

al-azad posted:

Tom Nook: I took the liberty of purchasing all the IAP using your saved credit card information. It's okay, you can pay me back later.

"I'm a little short."

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Assassin's Creed would be perfect for the Switch

Assassin’s Creed would certainly be a good toilet game. That is, a game you put in the toilet.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sunning posted:

No PC version either. MGSV did well on Steam.

Then again, they might not have the staff for it. They closed down KojiPro LA.

it's on the xbox one, it'll get released on pc if not on launch then on some later date

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

My venerable old 360 gamepad is starting to get some mushy buttons. What is the current hotness in PC gamepads for when I need to replace it?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am pretty sure all Animal Crossing games have crafting and timers. Also you can use Amiibo in the last one so you should already be familiar with DLC and micro transactions :clint:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

My venerable old 360 gamepad is starting to get some mushy buttons. What is the current hotness in PC gamepads for when I need to replace it?

i use a dualshock 4

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

at this point everything works on PC so w/e, get the one you like the most. DS4/xbone controller/Switch pro (via bluetooth only I think)

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"I'm a little short."

Don't worry about it. There'll be a part in the process where we can take care of that.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

at this point everything works on PC so w/e, get the one you like the most. DS4/xbone controller/Switch pro (via bluetooth only I think)

use a gravis pc gamepad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Animal crossing mobile lmao

3rd time they're trolling the animal crossing fans with an animal crossing game that isn't animal crossing. RIP animal crossing fans.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FirstAidKite posted:

3rd time they're trolling the animal crossing fans with an animal crossing game that isn't animal crossing. RIP animal crossing fans.

New Leaf is still amazing but I am sure a Switch version is coming soon

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

Don't worry about it. There'll be a part in the process where we can take care of that.

Yessss.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

I liked it when they made a game that was Mario Party but somehow much worse

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FirstAidKite posted:

What exactly is not Animal Crossing about planting trees and waiting for fruit to grow in real time?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

happy home designer is pretty good at least, and amiibo festival at least gave us desert island escape which is very sick. the next real AC is going to be real good though if it has the home decoration of hhd and the character customization of this phone game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o5SxC4ZIfY&t=1189s

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Welp I finally died on Mummy Demastered, that was a challenge to get stuff back. Fun game still.

gently caress those goddamn SPIDERS.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
God, Max Payne 3 is such a good loving game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

God, Max Payne 3 is such a good loving game.

Hell yeah it is!!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I don't think the writing is quite as good as the first two, but the shooting just feels so much better. And that music just loving kicks all the rear end.

(I actually saw HEALTH live and they played both Tears and Combat Drugs from the OST, and it was loving incredible.)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

homeless snail posted:

keep in mind that ds4 requires third party software to use with a lot of games that were programmed for xinput. if your 360 drivers aren't 100% up to date, ds4windows will give you a loving heart attack because it will basically render your entire system unresponsive.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

keep in mind that ds4 requires third party software to use with a lot of games that were programmed for xinput. if your 360 drivers aren't 100% up to date, ds4windows will give you a loving heart attack because it will basically render your entire system unresponsive.

you get heart attacks really easily

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i've never seen ds4windows do that, ever

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

chumbler posted:

If you like the xbox style gamepads, an Xbone controller is pretty similar but with a better d-pad and is easier to hook up to the PC. That's what I'd recommend.

e: if you like playstation stuff though a ds4 will work fine

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Animal Crossing is pretty naturally suited to the structure of phone games. Nothing in there is even slightly out of character for the IP. New Leaf is good enough to last until the next full blown AC for Switch.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
look man the scariest thing is when your OS seizes up on you in a really weird, virus-like way and all your antivirus software doesn't detect it as malicious but the hardware is running at full tilt and maximum fan speed and task manager reports your cpu and memory usages at nearly 100%. it's basically unresponsive and it naturally installs as "run on startup." this is what ds4windows does to your system if it's running but your windows gamepad firmware isn't up to date.

make sure you fully update that poo poo before you install your dualshock interpreter software. having an older version is not enough.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

look man the scariest thing is when your OS seizes up on you in a really weird, virus-like way and all your antivirus software doesn't detect it as malicious but the hardware is running at full tilt and maximum fan speed and task manager reports your cpu and memory usages at nearly 100%. it's basically unresponsive and it naturally installs as "run on startup." this is what ds4windows does to your system if it's running but your windows gamepad firmware isn't up to date.

make sure you fully update that poo poo before you install your dualshock interpreter software. having an older version is not enough.

I have literally never heard of that happening or manually upgrading your drives being needed aside from you.

I have never done anything except plug the controller in (aside from installing ds4windows).

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 25, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
man when i first used ds4 that poo poo was terrifying. it fixed as soon as i updated my drivers, but see, i thought i had them because i'd installed them for my 360 pad before that point. they just weren't recent enough.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Aside from graphics drivers, I don't think I have ever manually installed or updated any driver on modern windows.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

i've never seen ds4windows do that, ever

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

(I actually saw HEALTH live and they played both Tears and Combat Drugs from the OST, and it was loving incredible.)

My envy is palpable right now :negative: but I'm glad you got to experience that live :)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Andrast posted:

I have literally never heard of that happening or manually upgrading your drives being needed aside from you.

I have never done anything except plug the controller in (aside from installing ds4windows).

I ran into this one actually. It was a broken version of the xinput driver that Microsoft released at one point, it caused one of the core windows services to continuously poo poo itself and basically make your computer unusable until you unplugged your gamepad. Basically 100% CPU usage and constantly increasing memory usage until it crashed, then restarted to repeat the same thing again.

But they fixed it like, probably a year ago now, and I don't think it's been back since then.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Finished episode 7 of Umineko
What an amazing game. It's been a wild ride. It has managed to unsettle me, get me to cry, excited and laugh.
1 more episode to go.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Stressful situation: complete

it's only in that spot because I wanted it available in case I had to fix something again. Sadly, tasteful brick computing isn't the future. Same with the cords; needed a keyboard etc hooked up so I could set up the BIOS and stuff. But it works now and I'm pleased.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
My rig runs so hot I keep it in the fireplace, just in case

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Life hack: encase your computer in brick so you can make a nice pizza at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
congraturation. please put many pokemon stickers on your new computer

• Locked thread