Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hillary Clinton would have been a better president than Donald Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

But apparently you couldn't care less about that, for you it's "Let's get into power and gently caress people over just like the republicans!"

No, it's "Let's get into power and stop the current loving over of the people by the Republicans."

Why would you think I support positions that gently caress over people? I'm just talking about how campaigning works in America. You have to play to win.

E: I honestly can't believe your argument is "be more honest with voters." Have you MET the average voter? We have to trick them into voting for their own interests, because the other side is doing a drat great job of tricking them into voting against their own interests currently.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Oct 25, 2017

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

We should improve things a little, and then stop. Because then they will be perfect. I asked a computer and 12 dollars is enough for anyone. Who's with me? *the entire state of wisconsin chirps with crickets*

Well we lost but at least we weren't unrealistically raising anyone's hopes. Better things just aren't possible, and it's best they learn that the hard way.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

If people don't have any trust in the government, or in the politicians, then why should they even bother to vote? This lying to voters, this lack of respect, this is what has lead to depressed turnouts all across the country,

No, the depressed turnouts are because no politicians present anything remotely appealing to the common person any more. You can't loving campaign on "More of the same! Slow and steady!" even if that is exactly what you plan to do.

Well, no, that's not quite true: Trump won entirely because he did present something highly appealing to a subset of the population. The fact that he was able to mobilize his small base of racists and morons to such an extent that they won the election, despite him lying to their faces in every public appearance, should be enough evidence that your idea about trust is wrong.

If you want people to be passionate about voting, you need a firebrand like Sanders or Trump -- or at least you need to have that personality when you're campaigning. Nobody likes someone who appears to be a lifelong fence-sitter.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I liked Hillary Clinton's policy ideas. They were solid well thought out ideas. People don't vote for solid policy. People vote for "hope and change." People vote for "I feel like I can have a beer with that guy." People need to realize that literally the only thing that matters in a presidential election is getting fired up.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

WampaLord posted:

No, it's "Let's get into power and stop the current loving over of the people by the Republicans."

Why would you think I support positions that gently caress over people? I'm just talking about how campaigning works in America. You have to play to win.

Because you have no respect for other people. You expect to lie to their faces and fool them into voting for your candidate, and then when they can't deliver on the lies and people decide to just bow out of the political system you will fob it off with "At least we won!". And as more and more potential voters turn away from politics the only people able to gain trust are "outsiders" like Trump, people voted for him not just because he was saying things they wanted to hear, but because he wasn't a politician. The position of politician has been so dirtied in this country that it's practically synonymous with "liar", that is why so many, even people on our own side, were so ready to believe every lie the RWM noise machine cooked up about Hillary. Her fatal flaw was that she had held office before, her fatal flaw was that her name was "Clinton". This erosion of our political system has been going on for decades but if we don't want this country to destroy itself it must be reversed.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The position of politician has been so dirtied in this country that it's practically synonymous with "liar"

Okay, seriously, how old are you?

How do you think this is a new phenomenon? "Politicians are liars" is a long held belief by the vast majority of people.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

WampaLord posted:

Okay, seriously, how old are you?

How do you think this is a new phenomenon? "Politicians are liars" is a long held belief by the vast majority of people.

Yes, I just said it's a widely held belief and has been for a long time, that is exactly the problem. :cripes:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

It's.... it's almost like liberal capitalist "democracy" in the US is a fundamentally broken system :thunk:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
All of you gently caress off to any of the 19 forums threads about discussing this poo poo in circles forever.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, this is for polititoons. Not the 847349rd "Hillaey coils have won if she'd done X" fight. We hosed up, and now we have to fight to get the far Right out of power. I mean, we have loving Nazis parading around. That's a more immediate threat and pressing concern.

Also, relatedly. I posted that Peters to the imgur community at large. Just for kicks. It got downvoted and some guy got pedantic about commas in the comment when I quoted a, I think it was Vanity article, in the post comment.

Today's Dilbert is currently sitting at 24 points. So, there is that.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My apologies.

Cartooms.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Manuel Calavera posted:

Yeah, this is for polititoons. Not the 847349rd "Hillaey coils have won if she'd done X" fight. We hosed up, and now we have to fight to get the far Right out of power. I mean, we have loving Nazis parading around. That's a more immediate threat and pressing concern.

Also, relatedly. I posted that Peters to the imgur community at large. Just for kicks. It got downvoted and some guy got pedantic about commas in the comment when I quoted a, I think it was Vanity article, in the post comment.

Today's Dilbert is currently sitting at 24 points. So, there is that.

Are there any political cartoons about the Perez "shake-up" which would validate these past three pages of derail?

To not continue the derail private message me about this, what is the deal with this Joanne Dowdell person? Is she really Senior VP of Global Government Affairs at News Corp? Isn't News Corp's entire reason for existing making money pushing hard-right political ideology?

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 25, 2017

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
The Clinton Campaign had awful marketing and messaging.

“I’m with her” vs “Make America Great Again”.

And I just got a letter from the DNC and it’s all “Trump Bad.”

What’s the plan?

Look at the size of the rallies. The polling wasn’t wrong. The “percentage of supporters who will actually vote” was wrong.

The night before the election I watched Trump’s Michigan rally and I turned to my wife and says “I think Trump going to win.”

And with the recent purge at the DNC I think Trump wins re-election.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
W's whole presidency can be summed up with his poo poo eating grin asking, "Got mittens?"

It was the most over the top religious poo poo only briefly surpassed by Hillary's DNC convention.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Are there any political cartoons about the Perez "shake-up" which would validate these past three pages of derail?

To not continue the derail private message me about this, what is the deal with this Joanne Dowdell person? Is she really Senior VP of Global Government Affairs at News Corp? Isn't News Corp's entire reason for existing making money pushing hard-right political ideology?

There was that one Darrin Bell cartoon, but that’s it I think.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hey guys we just ate the biggest amount of poo poo any presidential candidate has ever eaten and lost to Donald Trump. If we double down on what brought us to this point surely we wont eat poo poo again.

A political cartoon

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 25, 2017

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh I like this one.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

evertephant :3:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Fulchrum posted:

I'll remind people that no less than 5 times, major news networks muted Hillarys campaign speeches and put her in a tiny box in the corner, in order to focus on an empty podium that Trump would speak at in an hour.

THEN MAYBE SHE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO MICHIGAN HERSELF

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

corn in the bible posted:

THEN MAYBE SHE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO MICHIGAN HERSELF

Shut up.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
A reminder that she could have won Michigan and Wisconsin and still would have lost. Florida was the problem, and she spent the most time there.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 25, 2017

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Samurai Sanders posted:

This is not accurate. The GOP should have the serene face of someone who is accepted their place in the universe.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Good to see the Jeff Flake cartoons starting on a high note.

By the by: has Melania Trump ever had a facial expression?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jedit posted:

By the by: has Melania Trump ever had a facial expression?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Here's the Norwegian version of a Garrison:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

lookin' like a fool with your trunk on the ground

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Who is going to throw him into the river though?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lodin posted:

What's ER'RE MULI' mean?

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
"Er det mulig?" (is it possible?) in southeastern dialect.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Lodin posted:

Sorry, but no shoe, no Garisson :colbert:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm probably lucky that I can't read this if it's Garrison level vileness.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Lodin posted:

quote:

Dad:he smokes us hortense
our own son smokes us

Hortense: he thinks we are crack cocaine
and that crack cocaine is his father's son (I'm guessing this should be "is his parents")

Dad: it's possible

Sub-caption: seems terrible!

I just want to know if that sub-caption is actually that apathetic in Norwegian.

there wolf fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Oct 25, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

there wolf posted:

I just want to know if that sub-caption is actually that apathetic in Norwegian.

Helt = totally, completely (same root as English whole, probably).

e: I just realised it's not Swedish :doh: but I'm guessing it's close enough.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 25, 2017

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

there wolf posted:

Proper translation:

quote:

Dad: He is smoking us, Hortense!
Our own son is smoking us!

Hortense: He thinks we are crack cocaine,
and that crack cocaine is his parents!

Dad: Is it even possible?

Sub-caption: completely horrible!

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kopijeger posted:

Proper translation:

So the sub-caption isn't really tepid and the part about the confused paternity with crack cocaine was just a bad translation, bringing actual jokes in the cartoon to zero. Norwegian Garrison indeed. :colbert:

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I'm probably lucky that I can't read this if it's Garrison level vileness.

It's supposed to be ironic, it's made by the same dude who made these:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That strikes me as a bizarre art piece by a pretentious high schooler.
I can't get offended by the 'kids these days' of it.
E: well that explains it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hillary Clinton would have been a better president than Donald Trump.

so would I

so would you

and yet none of us are President; Trump is

I'm really annoyed by this idea that seems to be going around the center-left lately where the election is a "job interview" to find the "most qualified" candidate, because that principle gets us Clintons and Kerrys and Gores

Very Serious People respected by other Very Serious People (whom you should automatically trust because they are Very Serious) whose ideas all seem to revolve around shuffling money between think-tanks and lobbyist groups to subtly nudge the free market toward maybe someday eventually incentivizing rich people to do something beneficial of their own free will instead of doing whatever the hell they want (these ideas are convoluted and "wonky" which means they are good and will definitely work)

rather than someone who knows how to see what people want and promise to give it to them

This post isn't an argument btw I'm just whining

anyway

Dimebags Brain posted:

A political cartoon

I'm the suit onesies

• Locked thread