Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also, is there something I am missing regarding Roma being a predominantly Jewish team/town/supporter group? Otherwise why would the Lazio Ultras use anti-semitism against them? Or do they just like being racist for shits and giggles.

I'm sure GG and the Serie A crew have a much more thorough summary of the dynamic there but my understanding is that they're basically just fascist assholes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
They aren’t called Nazio for nothing

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

sticksy posted:

I'm sure GG and the Serie A crew have a much more thorough summary of the dynamic there but my understanding is that they're basically just fascist assholes?

Nah that's basically it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

sticksy posted:

Yeah. Their logo is pretty clear.

Also Cagliari is tone deaf. Bad call imo. The gently caress? You aren’t Jewish or Polish. I could see a Polish club do this but an Italian doing this is like some dumb white gently caress going “all lives matter,” at BLM events. No poo poo, but you’re missing the point. If you had a hero for Jews that was Cagliariano, use them for fucks sake. Not a public figure for an already oppressed religious covenant.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/923029869616869376

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
loving hell

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Italian football fans are pieces of poo poo. Thank you.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Italian soccer games should play the running of the jews from Borat before every game to combat antisemitism IMO

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Bape Culture posted:

Italian football fans are pieces of poo poo. Thank you.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Would have been more accurate if you struck out Italian instead imo

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

And afterwards, their favourite clips from Schindler's List?

This is so bizarre :stare:

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 25, 2017

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Hm yes, that's definitely gonna change the minds of those Lazio ultras. They're really gonna turn their lives around after this.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

My dude have you heard of a hellas verona

I just looked it up because really what could possibly top Lazio and holy gently caress I'm now staring at a black dummy hanging from a noose from the stands

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Now Lazio players can see for themselves it was written with a ballpoint pen which wasnt invented til the 60s just kidding please dont ban

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

They pretty much released an official statement saying “we invented monkey chanting, don’t do it in the stadium. Do it in the streets.”

Lazio are loving stupid but Hellas is worse.
Lazio are the Trump supporters of Italian football.
Hellas is the KKK

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Yeah Lazio is good

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
From that article:

Lazio fans have a history of racist and antisemitic behaviour, including a Lazio banner in the city derby nearly 20 years ago aimed at Roma supporters that read: “Auschwitz Is Your Homeland; The Ovens Are Your Homes.”

:captainpop:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Maybe the connection is referring to all Romans as gypsies but that would categorically involve themselves within the population.

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah Lazio is good

They aren’t in either context.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

This is a pretty interesting article about Fabio Quagliarella being stalked for years.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...paign=editorial

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

monkeytennis posted:

From that article:

Lazio fans have a history of racist and antisemitic behaviour, including a Lazio banner in the city derby nearly 20 years ago aimed at Roma supporters that read: “Auschwitz Is Your Homeland; The Ovens Are Your Homes.”

:captainpop:

bit harsh IMO

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Lazio supporters sang fascist chants and did roman salutes today, clearly they learned the lesson from this highly effective campaign

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie...eae3sE_facebook

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ban Italy from European football Imo

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Jose posted:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Europe begins at the Alps

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Jose posted:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Like you can give up pizza that long

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Soulex posted:

Yeah. Their logo is pretty clear.

I could see a Polish club do this

Ah, yes, noted philosemites.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mackintosh posted:

Ah, yes, noted philosemites.

loving lmao

legia fans are garbage. also wisla fans call cracovia fans Jews. Cracovia fans just call wisla fans dogs, very disproportionate imo

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

What a grand idea

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Simone Poodoin posted:

Lazio supporters sang fascist chants and did roman salutes today

Makes you wonder what they did after breakfast

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

This is a pretty interesting article about Fabio Quagliarella being stalked for years.

If everyone is done jerking off about how not racist their totally progressive their respective nations are this is really good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

If everyone is done jerking off about how not racist their totally progressive their respective nations are this is really good.

Have Italian supporters shot or bombed a team bus because they can at least hold that over Turkey and Germany

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

Have Italian supporters shot or bombed a team bus because they can at least hold that over Turkey and Germany

Probably, lol. As far as I know nobody has punched a horse or opposition player while holding their child though.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

This is good but i wish they had made it less obvious that Piccolo was the stalker

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

Just read the whole thing and ultimately conclusion is that the Italian justice system is completely hosed given the stalker was just transferred elsewhere and is still working pending.... what? 2 more appeals? With the statuate of limitations expiring in March 2018?

drat, I feel bad for Quagriella though to have his childhood dream in his hands only for it to be torn away like this.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Just read the whole thing and ultimately conclusion is that the Italian justice system is completely hosed given the stalker was just transferred elsewhere and is still working pending.... what? 2 more appeals? With the statuate of limitations expiring in March 2018?

drat, I feel bad for Quagriella though to have his childhood dream in his hands only for it to be torn away like this.

It's a real piece of poo poo, Berlusconi is the king of manipulating the appeals system and is probably the best known case of it. It's good for protecting the citizenry from overzealous police but effective lawyers abuse the hell out of it.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Jose posted:

I may be misremembering but didn’t an Italian supporter throw a hand grenade into a police car?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I may be misremembering but didn’t an Italian supporter throw a hand grenade into a police car?

I'm not sure this happened but I fail to see a problem.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bacon Terrorist posted:

we're talking about BAD things here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm not sure this happened but I fail to see a problem.

What's ACAB in Italian?