Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks to this thread I’ve bought a DAC and now a Buttkicker Gamer2. Hope this ropes me back into Dirt Rally VR, I keep putting off finishing a career mode in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe? Yes please!

Sir Derek called it - NAZI

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Spiderdrake posted:

They show up in your user control panel and I think you add them in the user you want's profile. You can tell when they're online to poo poo talk them I guess?

I think that's one of those weird features from over a decade ago.

Thanks for the info

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone want to be my SA buddy. I could use the friends.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Derek will your be my forever SA friend?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

McGiggins posted:

Gratz, you are added in my buddy list of shame

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
Hey gang, how's it going? I've been absent from SA for a loooooong time, so I'm assuming that by now, Star Citizen is almost ready to go? It's probably only two weeks or so from release, right? :jeb:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Goredema posted:

Hey gang, how's it going? I've been absent from SA for a loooooong time, so I'm assuming that by now, Star Citizen is almost ready to go? It's probably only two weeks or so from release, right? :jeb:

Game is released and good, everyone is playing it. Valve has asked CIG to license them the engine, cause CSGO only runs with 300fps with common settings and they want get future proof. Sandy is quite big in Hollywood now after her break out performance in "American Satan". CR is now considered a god again in the game developer scene. After CIG opened their books to the public and explained in depth their accounting methods, many mobile game companies are interested to outsource their accounting to CIG.

At Citcon they will do a few fantasy panels and a ship sale, but it barely matters, cause all people are playing and dont need new content for the next 3 years. All is well in Star Citizen.

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Oct 25, 2017

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Wunderbar!

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

AutismVaccine posted:

Game is released and good, everyone is playing it. Valve has asked CIG to license them the engine, cause CSGO only runs with 300fps with common settings and they want get future proof. Sandy is quite big in Hollywood now after her break out performance in "American Satan". CR is now considered a god again in the game developer scene. After CIG opened their books to the public and explained in depth their accounting methods, many mobile game companies are interested to outsource their accounting to CIG.

At Citcon they will do a few fantasy panels and a ship sale, but it barely matters, cause all people are playing and dont need new content for the next 3 years. All is well in Star Citizen.

Excellent news! I guess it's time to delete my Steam account then, since Star Citizen is the only game I'll want or need for the next 10-20 years!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Filled with impotent rage, he called us old. Very :reddit: of him

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

Thanks to this thread I’ve bought a DAC and now a Buttkicker Gamer2. Hope this ropes me back into Dirt Rally VR, I keep putting off finishing a career mode in that game.

The butt kicker should work on Dirt Rally, we had some in the studio during development.
I remember in the audio room we had one of those nice all in one gaming chair / Steering wheel / Monitor tubular welded rigs (which had been dumped in there due to a lack of space elsewhere), however every drat bit of it was too thick to attach the butt kicker too, so I got a load of old VGA & serial cables that were rotting in a corner, and used them to ghetto tie the butt kicker to the back of the chair. This was unsurprisingly as unsuccessful as you might think it was.

Game development man, it's where the big bucks are... ;)

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Fatkraken posted:

This thread and the SC saga are basically my soap opera. There are days when 50% of the conversations between myself and my roomie (who also reads this thread) are about what CIG and the various characters involved have done now. It's deeply, satisfyingly entertaining.

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head; I check in on the thread every now and then to see what stupidity CIG/the backers have done. It's better than any soap opera on tv.

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Bofast posted:

Old?! I'm only in my 40's, I'll show that whippersnapper, just as soon as I manage to get my creaky knees moving...

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Quoting this so in 4 years I can find it, as I write snarky comment number 690,000 about how this game is definitely going under in the next 42 days because nobody, loving nobody, can be stupid for so long.

And yet I’ll be wrong.

And if I’m not here, somebody quote me for me because it’ll be like a blast from the past from that crazy lady with the totally not sinking boat avatar.

Speaking of sinking ships, I would link the intro video to the 999 visual novel for relevancy, but it might count as anime. Good mystery/escape room game, though

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Bofast posted:

Old works for me, because I do not have to try to navigate myself through the world of today's kids and figure out how to be successful. Good luck to them. I'm quite happy in the old world, surrounded by other old people of my generation.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

McGiggins posted:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

TheAgent, regarding Love Pledge...please make it a normal Dating Sim. I don't actually know how normal dating sims work as I never played one before, but someone convinced me that I had to play Doki Doki Literature Club. Please make it not like that. ty

Also: I'm now finally convinced that Anime is really, really bad

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RichardOnTwitch/status/922962876150833153

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Dat eyebrow

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

nobody cares

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

nobody cares

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/183282666?t=26m57s

:gary:

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

He's so precious when he's bragging

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

tuo posted:

TheAgent, regarding Love Pledge...please make it a normal Dating Sim. I don't actually know how normal dating sims work as I never played one before, but someone convinced me that I had to play Doki Doki Literature Club. Please make it not like that. ty

Also: I'm now finally convinced that Anime is really, really bad

Oh haven't you heard? Two people on another forum voted to increase the scope so Agent is now massively expanding the game, it'll be a huge action-adventure extravaganza with cooking mama elements and realistic newtonian dating physics!

Love Pledge: Answer the door 20172025.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Tophat posted:

You have power

Do you abuse it?

Yes - Turn to page 1
No - Turn to page 404

The book should only be 403 pages long, of course

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Latin Pheonix posted:

Oh haven't you heard? Two people on another forum voted to increase the scope so Agent is now massively expanding the game, it'll be a huge action-adventure extravaganza with cooking mama elements and realistic newtonian dating physics!

As long as it aint like Doki Doki, I'm fine. That one was a "bit" unnerving...

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

tuo posted:

As long as it aint like Doki Doki, I'm fine. That one was a "bit" unnerving...

I loved hanging out with my best friend the most. After that the whole thing was down hill.

Void Burger's let's play was pretty funny and even that was hard. Yucky.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

I loved hanging out with my best friend the most. After that the whole thing was down hill.

Void Burger's let's play was pretty funny and even that was hard. Yucky.

A friend said I shouldn't google anything, so I went in blind.

I'm not sure I'm glad of it. I am currently on my third installation of it, trying various things in regard to quitting at certain times etc. and it is unbelievable how many different effects on the game there are, even quitting certain scenes and reloading them only to see them differently. I won't spoiler anything, as the game itself leads you to it during the first playthrough, but it's pretty awesome actually.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Blue On Blue posted:

Jesus Christ these people will attack / defend anything , even if it has almost 0 to do with star citizen.

You drive a Toyota ?? gently caress you I hope you burn in hell only true citizens drive porsche , I just ordered the exact same one Chris has!

You simply don't have the commitment the rest of us do go join Derek fart and get a refund Goon

that's why they are so attached to the dream. nothing that's real has ever worked out due to their lovely personalities.
if sc ever released its doomed to the same fate. they want to rp in its sci-fi universe but have a multi year meltdown because Derek said their game was poo poo.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

spacetoaster posted:

Where was Seraph from?

He was from New York, he insisted on bicycling at 10-20 mph down city streets to be the best fukken way to endanger his life and everyone elses commute and YOSPOS doxxed him and found out he'd already been convicted of diddling his underage cousin once before, so yea...thanks for reminding me of that piece of poo poo again.

OTOH...

Goredema posted:

Thanks for reminding me of 2013, fellow who also jumped from the now dead RSI forums to here. Cripes I feel like an old goon suddenly when I still remember your AV from back then!

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 25, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Latin Pheonix posted:

love pledge is now an mmo

find friends and players from across the world and date space girls in this one of a kind first person action dating sim mmo, where only your imagination limits you

the schedule report should be coming soon, as I meet with our various leads from over 40 different countries

(while we do have several IS programmers on staff, this is merely to benefit from their experience with previous games and does not reflect Team Love Pledge Committees views or beliefs )

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dreamworks face

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

find friends and players from across the world and date space girls in this one of a kind first person action dating sim mmo, where only your imagination limits you

the schedule report should be coming soon, as I meet with our various leads from over 40 different countries

(while we do have several IS programmers on staff, this is merely to benefit from their experience with previous games and does not reflect Team Love Pledge Committees views or beliefs )

will it have lootboxes

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He does that poo poo in every photo. It’s actually loving terrifying

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

will it have lootboxes

this was actually the first mechanic we had functioning

that and the online web store

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

Why does twitter demand I login on mobile before I can see a tweet. It's a snippet of loving text. Just show it to me. gently caress!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

TheAgent posted:

This is good for Love Pledge, take your time and God bless.

Anyone who doesn't support you is a dirty leaver and I hope you ban them from ever playing your magnum opus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

FrozenLederhosen posted:

Why does twitter demand I login on mobile before I can see a tweet. It's a snippet of loving text. Just show it to me. gently caress!

Subscriber numbers are the pitch to investors and what brings the State actors to go 'nuhuh, not a real genocide'.

McGiggins posted:

Toxx on it. SC will be released as a final product by then, or you're banned. You may choose to eat a "genuine leather" belt in video for the thread to avoid the ban.

You might be overestimating what a high roller will do to avoid losing $10.

TheAgent posted:

Will fruitarian's be catered for? Can it also be gluten free?