Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I am super stoked that I get to preload Odyssey. I know it's a little thing and every real company has been able to do it forever but goddamn it rules thank you Nintendo for getting with the program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Ok, come on, that's not necessary or helpful.

I think it is a fair warning. Unfortunately the only reason I googled was because he told me to, so while I found it necessary, I did not find it helpful.

EDIT:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Your “angry conservative mother” gimmick is getting really old, please just post normally. Thank you

Right you are Tim.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Imagined posted:

Why do people always refer to Laura Kate Dale by her full name? Did she assassinate a President?

So when she screws up everyone can go "Dangit Dale" and the reference won't feel forced.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Your “angry conservative mother” gimmick is getting really old, please just post normally. Thank you

You are getting a red card and that means you can't go to Cici's pizza tonight

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You are getting a red card and that means you can't go to Cici's pizza tonight

Where does Cici's fall on the chain pizza brands with Little Caesars being the worst and Domino's being the best? I've never had it.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Hey goon who got SMO early: don't stream it

https://gonintendo.com/stories/293813-youtube-streamer-who-showed-super-mario-odyssey-receives-three-mo

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i was going to buy the mario game via amazon but im not buying prime so it would be here the friday after next. i didnt do this and instead im gonna go to target and buy it there. looking forward to friday :peanut:

e:

EpicNemesis posted:

Where does Cici's fall on the chain pizza brands with Little Caesars being the worst and Domino's being the best? I've never had it.

i cant believe im reading this right now

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Blazing Zero posted:

i was going to buy the mario game via amazon but im not buying prime so it would be here the friday after next. i didnt do this and instead im gonna go to target and buy it there. looking forward to friday :peanut:

e:

i cant believe im reading this right now

You got a problem friendo? You wanna come at me bro?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

EpicNemesis posted:

Maybe a step above gas station pizza, if that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

EpicNemesis posted:

Little Caesars is an incredible option when you want a hot, cheap, tasty pie instantly
Cici's is garbage pizza not even fit for school cafeterias

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Was tired when watching the late AC direct last night and didn't read others impressions, but my take away is that it looked pretty cool and is pretty much New Leaf with the option to speed up stuff by paying money to Tom Nook.

Now looking around online, it seems that is sort of the general consensus which is good. I hope they are constantly updating with seasonal events, moreso than the standard games.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
What’s the advantage of getting a physical SMO copy versus just downloading it? Does it come with one of those amibo toy things

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Bob A Feet posted:

What’s the advantage of getting a physical SMO copy versus just downloading it? Does it come with one of those amibo toy things

Cheaper if you have Amazon Prime or Best Buy Gamers Club. Especially Gamers Club, 20% off, 10 dollar gift certificate, and a coin embossed with the likeness of the Super Mario himself

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You seem disgruntled

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Imagined posted:

Why do people always refer to Laura Kate Dale by her full name? Did she assassinate a President?

All I can think of is that Gilbert Gottfried bit. "Sarah Michelle Gellar came out and screamed 'THIS IS THE LAND OF THE THREE NAMED PEOPLE! HOW MANY NAMES DO YOU HAVE?!' and Olivia Newton John and Jennifer Love Hewitt..."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

EpicNemesis posted:

It is $4 and satisfies children, so it's loving great. It could be on crackers with ketchup as the sauce for all I care.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

EpicNemesis posted:

Cicis around here are (or used to be) an all you can eat buffet. So yeah, thats all you need to know about the quality

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bob A Feet posted:

Because you can pay $48 for the game with Prime, then make $35 back off it in a month when you sell it on Amazon (which is pretty average for new games after Amazon cut and shipping cost).

So SMO costs $13 physical and $60 digital.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Domino's being "the best" at anything is a bewildering statement.

Mario review embargo ends in 22 hours.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bob A Feet posted:

If you buy a physical copy you own it and can do with it what you wish.
If you download it you just have a license to play it that is stored in the Nintendo servers.
If you buy a physical copy you pay less and can sell the copy.
If you download you pay more and can't sell.
If you buy a physical you can lick the cartridge.
If you download you can't lick poo poo.
If you buy a physical copy you are smart.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Huxley posted:

Because you can pay $48 for the game with Prime, then make $35 back off it in a month when you sell it on Amazon (which is pretty average for new games after Amazon cut and shipping cost).

Only a real piece of poo poo sells a video game back.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Was tired when watching the late AC direct last night and didn't read others impressions, but my take away is that it looked pretty cool and is pretty much New Leaf with the option to speed up stuff by paying money to Tom Nook.

Now looking around online, it seems that is sort of the general consensus which is good. I hope they are constantly updating with seasonal events, moreso than the standard games.

It's more like, New Leaf but now with resource fetch quests and less town control.

It looks okay. It doesn't really look like it adds anything super new and interesting and like it'll lack a bunch of the little details that make AC feel fun, but it gets the bare basics for people desperate for AC on mobile.

I just hope that the resource fetch questing doesn't give the wrong impression about AC is supposed to be. AC limits that kind of stuff in scope of the whole town with all the other interactions you can have. But it's hard to tell here since we didn't see much of those other interactions as it was explaining why you need 6 pieces of wood for a bench.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

RCarr posted:

:siren: Bad opinion alert :siren:

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

I got kids to feed and no space in my home to save banana peels after I've eaten the banana.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Nintendo adding the ability to lick digital games in the 5.0 update.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

RCarr posted:

yeah but mario is gonna be like the zelda game. one or two playthroughs and then youve done it all. why not sell it back?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah but mario is gonna be like the zelda game. one or two playthroughs and then youve done it all. why not sell it back?

Because you'll regret it in 20 years!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Huxley posted:

then make $35 back off it in a month when you sell it on Amazon

Just loving :lol: if you buy this game just to play it once.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I still own Super Mario Galaxy 2 on disk in case the Wii U download doesn't work at some point in the future and I want to go back and play the greatest game of all time

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mario games hold their value forever so there's no reason to be in a rush to sell it after you're done

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I want mario

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
lmao if you don't keep your nintendo games to pass down to your grandchildren

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

If you buy a physical copy you are smart.

at MAAAAA-LOOOO MART!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Selling/trading in games is fine, but trading in a Mario game is a cursed move

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i haven't bought a physical game in years and have zero regrets

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Pablo Gigante posted:

Selling/trading in games is fine, but trading in a Mario game is a cursed move