Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I won't be rebuying the FV304. It's complete loving poo poo.

but but but...but !!!! the collection! even no crew no equipment a shell of a tank is something to hang in the garage!!

rolling poor newbies in my wz-111 with HE full pens http://wotreplays.eu/site/3903229#overlord-turmoilx-wz-111 i got 3 or 4 full pens

BadLlama posted:

Is the FV304 poo poo now or was that just a bad opinion? I don't know how it faired with arty changes.
im not sure i havent played low tier arty since changes because arty is bad

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is the FV304 poo poo now or was that just a bad opinion? I don't know how it faired with arty changes.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Before the changes it was a tiny, fast artillery with a short ranged smaller caliber gun that was balanced by the fact that the shells basically came down vertically and were extremely accurate, so you could dump 450 damage shells onto engine decks every 12 seconds, and be small and quick enough to gtfo when the enemy started getting too close. I loved the gun so much that i continued to use it on the Crusader SP, and had +60% wins. It was amazing.

After the changes, it's almost identical, except for two crucial changes: it's the size of a barn now, and has half the pen, so you basically can't pen roofs and engine decks anymore, which means your damage is total dogshit.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 24, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I don't know how i loving suck this bad in glass cannon TDs and can't pull out good winrates, but this loving dumb thing has the most hilarious moments

Steelion posted:

After the changes, it's almost identical, except for two crucial changes: it's the size of a barn now, and has half the pen, so you basically can't pen roofs and engine decks anymore, which means your damage is total dogshit.

Holy poo poo, you weren't kidding

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/06/25/fv304-hd-size-change/

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
think itd be a good idea to do a trade in on the dicker max since im gonna get a free one from tank rewards anyway? or how much gold would i get since i already have one

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 24, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
You get the full gold price from Tankrewards (3200 or so?). I wouldn't do it.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Barry posted:

You get the full gold price from Tankrewards (3200 or so?). I wouldn't do it.

yeah i dont really know why anyone would do the trade in thing even if you do suck in the tank you're losing money doing it is the way i see it

also a scummy thing iv been thinking of for a long time that maybe some of you scum lords can try out for me is remember those premium tank rentals? they say you can reclaim premiums by opening a ticket you have sold as long as you have one battle on your service record in it and have the credits to give back for it.. you know where i am going with this ~ free tier 8 premiums? HELLSAU

bought the type 61 too (much better than sta1) finally done grinding the pos STA-1 , worst tier 8 iv ever played i think if not, second worst

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 24, 2017

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I enjoy rear end pounding the enemies top tier heavies until they cry at me in chat.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Turmoilx posted:

bought the type 61 too (much better than sta1) finally done grinding the pos STA-1 , worst tier 8 iv ever played i think if not, second worst

I didn't mind the STA-1 that much honestly. A tank with great gun depression gets a lot of passes on other terrible things.

But yeah it doesn't really stand out as anything worth keeping at tier 8.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
The STA-1 was just a better Pershing that trading away the unreliable armor of the Pershing for an extremely useful speed boost. They're both total dogshit compared to premium tier 8s.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I won't be rebuying the FV304. It's complete loving poo poo.

Yeah turns out cutting an arti's HE pen in half and giving it nothing in return makes it pretty bad, and lol I didn't even know about that giant size nerf.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

also a scummy thing iv been thinking of for a long time that maybe some of you scum lords can try out for me is remember those premium tank rentals? they say you can reclaim premiums by opening a ticket you have sold as long as you have one battle on your service record in it and have the credits to give back for it.. you know where i am going with this ~ free tier 8 premiums? HELLSAU
Won't you get seriously banned if you tried that?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Poil posted:

i dont think so how could they ban someone for just having a bad memory heh, id totally do it if i had an alt that played rentals but i dont , then if it worked id do it on mine , very sarcastically with lots of iron "aw come on whats the worst that could happen"

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

the coolest guy on NA server i will never know how he managed the 8k dmg 6 kills and win mission

I had to do the math on this. So 8k damage would be 32 full-pens, which is doable from the 56-shell ammo load but of course all your shots generally don't hit & pen, so he probably fired almost all his ammo, and maybe benefitted from a fire or two. Also, it would've taken over 4 minutes of straight firing just to do that damage, so he potentially spent most of the battle holding LMB if he fired most his ammo and it wasn't a 15-minute match.

BadLlama posted:

I hadn't played it in a long time until a week or two ago. It's pretty bad now. The damage output is low, the reload time is like 11-12 seconds with no stun, and the bloom is outrageous. In its prime it was a terror, but they seriously loving managed to nerf all the fun out of it. Meanwhile, the LeFH is still in the game in its original form.... :rolleyes:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't know how i loving suck this bad in glass cannon TDs and can't pull out good winrates, but this loving dumb thing has the most hilarious moments

I guess your track ate that shot at a very shallow angle from the Proto, because even with the 105 it would overmatch anywhere on the Skorp. :stare:

Poil posted:

I thought the rentals, at least after a certain point had an (R) next to their names to distinguish them from permanent vehicles. :shrug: Anyways, even if you exploited rentals somehow I think they'd just reverse the transaction once it was discovered. When people dick around with the premium shop and CC chargebacks they just lock your account if you're the "victim" until you can afford to reimburse them for the gold or whatever that was removed due to the chargeback.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

BadLlama posted:

I didn't mind the STA-1 that much honestly. A tank with great gun depression gets a lot of passes on other terrible things.

Counterpoint: St Emil

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Barry posted:

Counterpoint: St Emil

Thats fair.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Though if it weren't for the amazing gun depression that thing would be complete dogshit as opposed to mostly dogshit. Gun depression is the best thing

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
After playing some more games in the AC4 and FV201 I have to say I really like them. They could both use some small buffs like the AC4 should have a better engine and the FV201 better turret armor. But I think this is more or less the power level a premium tank should have.

But I guess that wouldn't make enough money and you couldn't have a nice power creep going.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I've been stupidly grinding up to the eight million credits I need for the E-100 with equipment and crew retraining, and I just noticed I hadn't even started the T-28Concept missions on EU, so that should conclude the grind in no time.

What's mind-boggling is that I've completed light, medium, and TD missions for that branch with honors, but I can't find the female crew member I must have claimed for one of those three.

I'm dreading the possibility that I may have dumped her into some free tier 1-2 premium that I was never going to play because I didn't understand the benefits of sisters of steel.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I've played some more into the WZ-131-2G FT, or whatever it's called, the tier 7 Chinese TD. It's basically a worse version of the tier 6. The stock gun is the same 100 that's the top one for the tier 6, but it's quite usable so you don't absolutely need free XP, and there's a better 100 mm that's one of the two viable top gun choices; the other is a 122 which I just recently unlocked, and it's got worse handling but I think I prefer it. Pen is similar, accuracy & aimtime are worse, and of course alpha is higher but so is DPM. The worst thing about it though is that it loses all the mobility that made the tier 6 pleasant to play. It ends up being more or less a SU-152 with the 122 (or the SU-122, or the SU-100 with the 122, etc.) although the Chinese one is kind of better in most stats (especially pen) besides DPM.

Beyond that, highlights from tonight featured an E-100 running from my Type 4 (which ended in a draw) and my Type 4 getting snapshot by arty to win the game for his team, because of course #snapshotmeta in arty of all things should be possible. ~DYNAMIC GAMEPLAY~ Also had a monster scouting game on Fisherman's in the WZ-132, and finished the VK100. :toot: Oh yeah, bought the 183, so I'm ready for my next free tier 10! :v:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Atomizer i meant that guy had to get really lucky in a tank destroyer to manage TD-15 for 260 which requires 8k damage 6 kills now instead of 5 and win he probably did it before they made it harder which required only the 8k damage and 5 kills you didnt have to win still very hard when you actually try to get it done

plus all the other crazy mission secondaries to manage to obtain that pretty icon hes the only one iv seen with it so far

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

Atomizer i meant that guy had to get really lucky in a tank destroyer to manage TD-15 for 260 which requires 8k damage 6 kills now instead of 5 and win he probably did it before they made it harder which required only the 8k damage and 5 kills you didnt have to win still very hard when you actually try to get it done

plus all the other crazy mission secondaries to manage to obtain that pretty icon hes the only one iv seen with it so far

or they just rigged the missions

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Atomizer posted:

I hadn't played it in a long time until a week or two ago. It's pretty bad now. The damage output is low, the reload time is like 11-12 seconds with no stun, and the bloom is outrageous. In its prime it was a terror, but they seriously loving managed to nerf all the fun out of it. Meanwhile, the LeFH is still in the game in its original form.... :rolleyes:

Psh...I wish. RIP old HEAT pen and HEAT mechanics :(

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am surprised there's no VK 3006 Premium with the conical yet. With the old gold ammo.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Hellsau posted:

most likely. it feels good to spend money on this game via subway gift cards i got 50 credit boosters because i ran out and 3k gold to make the type 61 a decent tank good ole pay to win :10bux:

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 25, 2017

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

The T-34-3 is fun now

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Who would do such a thing of dishonor beyond words?

I am outraged!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Also:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The 2nd Polish Armored Corps really get people riled up on EU I see.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
This last round of Halloween houses screwed me with only 75 gold and a few exp/coin modifiers, but I did get another tank, t8 AMX M4-49 Liberté.

So far I've won a t3, t5 and t8 premium tank. That's with 40 houses in total.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

drat you're lucky i got 0 tanks from these things they probably excluded me from getting anything good though

side note devs are working on it :newlol: and im having a hard time winning in the type 61 still , this whole line really sucks cock but i need the stb 1 because its in animes and i have a bunch of anime women crew to put in it (iv always wanted it because its like a pancake with good turret)

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 25, 2017

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

drat you're lucky i got 0 tanks from these things they probably excluded me from getting anything good though

Basically I just click on the 3rd house slot each time, but I'm sure it's completely random. (Well... you'd think it was). I got the t8 premium tank on my first selection today.

I'm going to get the 45 houses and call it quits...so I'll only have 5 more chances next round. Another t5 premium would be stellar, but probably just some junk.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

moolchaba posted:

Basically I just click on the 3rd house slot each time, but I'm sure it's completely random. (Well... you'd think it was). I got the t8 premium tank on my first selection today.

I'm going to get the 45 houses and call it quits...so I'll only have 5 more chances next round. Another t5 premium would be stellar, but probably just some junk.

yeah i figured the same so i just click the middle house 60 houses no tanks i did get a garage slot though and some gold.

i died in a slightly ironic way here https://imgur.com/2jtwmyL

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 25, 2017

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

THIS MOTHERFUCKING USELESS 110. AIDS FROM CHINA.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hold the gently caress on, I now need to finish EVERY one of the five mission types in the campaign to receive the reward-tank? Whatever happened to just completing four final missions with honors and trading in the lil whateverthefucks for the reward-tank?

I also accidentally misclicked and completed a mission with an..."order"? I'm not entirely sure how hosed I am. Goddamnit, I just want to unlock the T28 Concept campaign for extra cash. :mad:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

moolchaba posted:

This last round of Halloween houses screwed me with only 75 gold and a few exp/coin modifiers, but I did get another tank, t8 AMX M4-49 Liberté.

So far I've won a t3, t5 and t8 premium tank. That's with 40 houses in total.

You lucky bastard. I got a tank... the loving Toldi.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Barry posted:

You lucky bastard. I got a tank... the loving Toldi.

If only this luck would follow me in my real life financials.

So far I've gotten the t3 LTP, t5 Turan iii and t8 AMX M4-49 Liberté.

3rd house guys... MY SYSTEM CANNOT FAIL.

3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house 3rd house

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hold the gently caress on, I now need to finish EVERY one of the five mission types in the campaign to receive the reward-tank? Whatever happened to just completing four final missions with honors and trading in the lil whateverthefucks for the reward-tank?

I also accidentally misclicked and completed a mission with an..."order"? I'm not entirely sure how hosed I am. Goddamnit, I just want to unlock the T28 Concept campaign for extra cash. :mad:

You use orders to skip missions. If you complete a skipped mission with honors you get your order back.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

so have we all came to conclusion the asians are bad at making tanks? excluding the heavy japan line, WG made those ..wait maybe WG just hates asians (i bounced three 258 pen shells in my type 61 off the bottom of a 112 hull little did i know the lower plate is stronger than the top?) correct me if im wrong

i just really hate the STB line.
--oh baby they're selling the skorpion G again in november https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/november-2017-events-overview/ also the trihard tanks

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 26, 2017

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I seriously don't know what to say.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/fire-in-the-disco/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

How many are you buying Burt?