Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

enraged_camel posted:

The interesting thing about 401k being limited to $2,400 is that it's actually a massive benefit to companies as well.

401k's are a failed experiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Ripoff posted:

”gently caress, you, middle class!” The Republican screamed.

“Pass it to see what’s in it” 2.0 for Republicans. So much for that tiny, glimmering hope of retiring in dignity and not dying in my wheelchair as a Wal-Mart greeter!

Edit: goddamnit, beaten soundly

lol if you think Walmart greeters won't be replaced with robots as soon as physically possible

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Any day now we're gonna see one of these about Smoothrich

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Boon posted:

They've cut the costs as far as they can?

Maybe it's time to run government like a business! We need to find ways to add value to our consumers (citizens) and charge a higher premium (taxes) for our services (robust social systems). Conservatives might have something here!

Exactly. If government was actually run like a smart business, aka one focusing on long term stability over profit at any cost then the Republicans would hate it.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

lol if you think Walmart greeters won't be replaced with robots as soon as physically possible

I think the greeters are the only thing Walmart wouldn't replace with robots ASAP.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Lumpy posted:

I think the greeters are the only thing Walmart wouldn't replace with robots ASAP.

Why replace them at all? Does anybody genuinely give a poo poo about being greeted when they shop at loving Walmart?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Why replace them at all? Does anybody genuinely give a poo poo about being greeted when they shop at loving Walmart?

They're not there to greet you as you come in. They're there to curtail shoplifting as you go out. Calling them greeters just sounds nice.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Walmart rarely have greeters anymore, and are often run in shifts of less than a dozen people working at one time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FlamingLiberal posted:

These people are going to kill what should be an easy victory for them by going after 401(K)s aren’t they
People keep saying democrats are the best at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. But it's equally applicable for republicans.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Hey now - we don't know which side his dad was on

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Keep in mind that this attempt to kill 401 (k)s is coupled with them already pumping the brakes on the idea that the middle class will even see lower taxes. They are going to see if they can make significant upper bracket tax cuts go into the tax code permanently when nobody is looking. They just don’t want to give the game away yet.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Trump Jr. currently liking/retweeting things that say he committed treason.

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/923210515823939584

:thunk:

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

heh. Keep replacing the labor force with automation without alternative mans of incme and there won't be anyone to shop even at Wal-mart.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Donald Jr is an inbred moron. Just look at his face.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Don Jr definitely got all the trashcan genes.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/923195575293693952

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Phoix posted:

Trump Jr. currently liking/retweeting things that say he committed treason.

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/923210515823939584

:thunk:

That's all they have, is ill-advised tu quoques and calling people snowflakes. You'll notice it when they respond to comments online.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Even if you replace all the functional roles with robots you are still going to need at least one real person there to satisfy some people's visceral need to abuse and deride another human being in order to assert their own value.

Maybe in the future stores will just have a professional sin eater who comes out to be yelled at and complained about.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Eric is even more of a garbage monster because he has all of the recessive genes

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
My name is Buck Sexton

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Eric is even more of a garbage monster because he has all of the recessive genes

which Trump kid is Solidus

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Tir McDohl posted:

which Trump kid is Solidus

I guess this means President Trump is a clone of the real Trump.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
the focus on the Dems paying for dirt on trump, particularly mentioning that it's a Russian dossier, seems to me to be an explicit attempt to attach to the Clinton campaign some kind of comparable (in the minds of republicans/trumps base anyhow) behavior to any possible collusion with Russia by Trump or his campaign. It'll probably work too. Muddy the waters so no one who hasn't already made up their minds knows what to think, and can't get motivated.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Eric is actually that cockroach alien from Men in Black.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

JawKnee posted:

the focus on the Dems paying for dirt on trump, particularly mentioning that it's a Russian dossier, seems to me to be an explicit attempt to attach to the Clinton campaign some kind of comparable (in the minds of republicans/trumps base anyhow) behavior to any possible collusion with Russia by Trump or his campaign. It'll probably work too. Muddy the waters so no one who hasn't already made up their minds knows what to think, and can't get motivated.

Seems like preaching to the choir to me. I doubt it has any real effect.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

JawKnee posted:

It definitely is designed as a shield first and foremost, which says something about where they expect the Mueller investigation to go. Only problem is, the only people who will hear about this Clinton dossier are people who already have a dog in the fight, and everyone will hear when Mueller releases his findings.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Recessive doesn't mean bad

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump spoke at this organizations conference a few weeks ago

quote:

Yesterday, a group of black leaders made that quite clear in a special press conference on the steps of the Supreme Court. Tired of hearing the LGBT community compare its experience to the real suffering of the civil rights movement, church and civic leaders decided to speak out about why Jack’s case matters. FRC’s Dean Nelson and FRC Action’s Patrina Mosley spoke, sharing deeply personal stories about the pain and prejudice their families experienced over the color of their skin. Patrina talked about how insulting it is to hear LGBT activists equate their “persecution” to generations of African Americans.

Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. called his brave volunteers an army, Patrina said, but “an army whose allegiance was to God… it was an army that would sing but not slay… no arsenal except its faith, no currency but its conscience.” That currency is for everyone. Let’s pray the Supreme Court agrees. For more on the movement to support Masterpiece Cakes, check out WeGotYourBackJack.com.

https://twitter.com/JasonCalvi/status/922824417977217024
https://twitter.com/FDFNational/status/922959269586186240
https://twitter.com/janetboynes/status/922974540392779783

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

Recessive doesn't mean bad

It’s a Metal Gear Solid reference. Hideo Kojima’s poor grasp of genetics is the joke.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Darth Walrus posted:

It’s a Metal Gear Solid reference. Hideo Kojima’s poor grasp of genetics is the joke.

I mean I figured that might the case but I wasn't sure. If it had been a direct quote from Liquid I'd have not said anything.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
So Fox is the Clinton News Network now. This year is so hosed up.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Ashcans posted:

Even if you replace all the functional roles with robots you are still going to need at least one real person there to satisfy some people's visceral need to abuse and deride another human being in order to assert their own value.

Maybe in the future stores will just have a professional sin eater who comes out to be yelled at and complained about.

I'm picturing a red faced fatso screaming "I want to see your manager!" at a robot, at which point a miserable half-drunk shell of a person in a stained uniform stumbles out of the backroom to be yelled at while the robots get on with their work.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bloom posted:

I'm picturing a red faced fatso screaming "I want to see your manager!" at a robot, at which point a miserable half-drunk shell of a person in a stained uniform stumbles out of the backroom to be yelled at while the robots get on with their work.

pretty much already the retail experience

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Hunt11 posted:

Exactly. If government was actually run like a smart business, aka one focusing on long term stability over profit at any cost then the Republicans would hate it.

I'd prefer the government being run like an employee owned co-op.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
When we pull the DIY guillotines we all pretend we haven't been building out of our garages, whoever coined "the customer is always right" is on the list.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

TheScott2K posted:

When we pull the DIY guillotines we all pretend we haven't been building out of our garages, whoever coined "the customer is always right" is on the list.

It started as "the customer is never wrong" as a general metaphor for good customer relations, but then yeah people are loving stupid

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Soonmot posted:

I'd prefer the government being run like an employee owned co-op.

It's supposed to be, that's what voting is

the issue is that
1. The government does a mishmash of things, you're going to like and dislike various things they do, and "things you don't like" weigh a lot heavier psychologically
2. government does so much for us in the background that we just EXPECT that we have no perception of what it would be like without it and don't realize that it can go away

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A rare moment of something good happening- Jane Doe has successfully navigated the ridiculous obstacle course that is the Trump court system and obtained her abortion

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

It's supposed to be, that's what voting is

the issue is that
1. The government does a mishmash of things, you're going to like and dislike various things they do, and "things you don't like" weigh a lot heavier psychologically
2. government does so much for us in the background that we just EXPECT that we have no perception of what it would be like without it and don't realize that it can go away

That's not like an employee owned co-op at all. If it was an employee owned co-op either all citizens would have jobs as part of the government or government employees themselves would make decisions about the future of their government office etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Apparently Sr was hesitant to go with making him Don Jr because he might be a dud. Most prescient thought he's ever had.

• Locked thread