Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

thespaceinvader posted:

It's still bad.

People will still rage about it like it's borked to poo poo.

I remember the guy who spent 50 minutes of a round arguing the rule at stele open because he got mad about it. The judge should've shut it down after minute five but he just let it go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

New FAQ is out. Looks like the leaks were pretty much on the money.

RIP Mindlink. It's binder fodder now. The only one I don't agree with. :(

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

They killed Biggs... good.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
You can't bump with Genius AND you have to discard your bomb/bomblet card.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Holy gently caress they nerfed Biggs into the loving ground. His ability is active for any one combat phase of the player's choice, never to be used again.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
drat.

Good. Now we can get X-wing fixes.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Jumpmasters lose both torpedoes AND the astromech slot.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Holy crap. This is like an amazing FAQ, and I want to go the FFG board and collect the salt.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Advanced SLAM nerfed and Genuis nerfed? Kanan/Biggs no longer a thing?

IMPERIAL ACES ARE BACK, YA'LL.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
:stare:

Holy poo poo those are some huge nerfs.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

poo poo YES. VIDEOGAME TIE TIME

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

ConfusedUs posted:

This faq takes effect on Nov 6th. Of course, I have a local tournament on the 5th. And I know that one of the players basically reinvented the original Fair Ship Rebels for their list, then had that pointed out to them, with the suggestion that they look into FSR2. He might as well use it while he can....

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Goodbye contracted scouts, you will not be missed.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I'm thrilled that they finally put their 4th nerf on top jumpmaster builds after a year. and I'm glad that Nym/Genius bump and drop is done.

There's another part of me that is annoyed that the abusive Genius/Bomblet/PS10 Nym build made it out to the field to begin with. Seems like an obvious problem.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I think it's telling that the Jumps had 4 seperate nerfs already, finally resulting in this big hammer dropped on them.

(Deadeye, Zuck, Manaroo, Agromech,)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

My biggest sadness is that you can't use Extra Munitions and Minefield Mapper on a triple Punisher list to drop 12 cluster mines :(

It was terrible, and it was hilarious. It didn't need a nerf. :(

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I am lovin everything about this.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Wow Dash has the stupidest ruling ever in the new FAQ. Having to announce that you use the ability before measuring every single time is really dumb and will lead to really dumb judging in Tournaments.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Tekopo posted:

Wow Dash has the stupidest ruling ever in the new FAQ. Having to announce that you use the ability before measuring every single time is really dumb and will lead to really dumb judging in Tournaments.

That's incredibly stupid. I've always just told my opponent "I am using Dash's ability for every single boost and barrel roll by default. If I'm not using it, I'll declare it beforehand" and that's always been fine.

Also, Boba Fett crew stripping the Ghost title makes the Phantom title not work anymore. If Biggs nerf made Kanan/Biggs non-viable, the Boba Fett ruling has made every ghost/phantom build nonviable now. Seems just too risky

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

This is a good FAQ but I wonder what they have in store for Rebels. Without Biggs most Rebel ships aren't playable. Hopefully the astromechs in the new pack are amazing and they have some fixes for the Ghost that make it playable too

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tekopo posted:

I really should be that you have to declare NOT to use Dash, but default is on.

That ruling is going to lead to so many pedantic assholes being pedantic assholes.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Tekopo posted:

What the hell does this solve besides adding sperglord assholes to go GOTCHA once per game when you forget to declare "dash is doing the thing his card specifically allows him to do, I am telling you this because of reasons that somehow matter for Dash Rendar and not every other pilot in the game"

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

I really should be that you have to declare NOT to use Dash, but default is on.

That ruling is going to lead to so many pedantic assholes being pedantic assholes.
It already happened before, and it's now only going to get worse.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Maybe the Biggs nerf is because t-65s are getting a buff?

(Please dear god be that)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

bunnyofdoom posted:

Maybe the Biggs nerf is because t-65s are getting a buff?

(Please dear god be that)

This guy's priorities are in order.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I'm just glad they clarified the discard vs remove, because that was killing the game.

Not really, nut I have heard nerds argue it because they are loving nerds

I'm also glad they clarified when LWF and Palpitine kick in, because now 1 of our local TO's can shut up about it, since I've been telling him he was wrong for months.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I'm looking at the top 10 builds on meta-wing, and literally all of them are either "affected significantly by" or "now completely impossible" with the new rulings.

Dengar/Nym
Miranda/Nym
Triple Scouts
Fair Ship Rebels
Miranda/Lowhhrick/Biggs
Kanan/Biggs
Dash/Nym
Miranda/Dash
Dengar/Asajj
Nym/Fenn/Sunny

9 out of 10 of those have turrets, bombs, missiles, or all 3 (except Fair Ship Rebels, but that's got it's own problems)
Not sad to see those go out of the dogfighting game

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So with bombs exploding after move is completed, if you did a 5 straight over a bomb, you may not be sabine'able?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Is it just me, or is it really weird that Boba Fett killing a title that references another card like the Ghost/Phantom breaks their interaction, but him killing Extra Munitions/Jabba doesn't break their extra tokens?

Not necessarily bad for balance mind you, just inconsistent. I guess Munition/Illicit tokens just imply their own use in some way?

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

I'm looking at the top 10 builds on meta-wing, and literally all of them are either "affected significantly by" or "now completely impossible" with the new rulings.

Dengar/Nym
Miranda/Nym
Triple Scouts
Fair Ship Rebels
Miranda/Lowhhrick/Biggs
Kanan/Biggs
Dash/Nym
Miranda/Dash
Dengar/Asajj
Nym/Fenn/Sunny

9 out of 10 of those have turrets, bombs, missiles, or all 3 (except Fair Ship Rebels, but that's got it's own problems)
Not sad to see those go out of the dogfighting game

What does the FAQ do to turrets? I scanned it but that wasn't obvious to me.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Seldom Posts posted:

I think he meant torps rather than turrets?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

bunnyofdoom posted:

So with bombs exploding after move is completed, if you did a 5 straight over a bomb, you may not be sabine'able?

They always went off after all moves were completed. Clusters still go off if you fly over them, but still don't land on them

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Seldom Posts posted:

I think he's saying if those lists disappear a lot of turrets disappear too. Not that turrets were nerfed.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Also thank gently caress Biggs is dead. Fuuuck you Biggs you rotten twat

Really surprised that jumps lost BOTH torp slots and that genius won't go off on the bump. Still may use a scout in my Nym, Scout and Jostero list or I might replace the scout with a second Scurrg.

Good FAQ overall. Only thing I'm even slightly grumpy about is losing both torp slots on the jump.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

LanceKing2200 posted:

Is it just me, or is it really weird that Boba Fett killing a title that references another card like the Ghost/Phantom breaks their interaction, but him killing Extra Munitions/Jabba doesn't break their extra tokens?

Not necessarily bad for balance mind you, just inconsistent. I guess Munition/Illicit tokens just imply their own use in some way?

The titles require each other to work constantly; Extra Munitions/Jabba have already had their effect used, in that the token itself now exists.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
So what's the best Imperial list now?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The titles require each other to work constantly; Extra Munitions/Jabba have already had their effect used, in that the token itself now exists.

Yeah I just saw in the FAQ that Jabba adds the tokens at the start of the match, and then basically just acts as a 5 point reference card.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Raged posted:

I don't know but I'm going to run that Vader/Inqy/Deathrain list that ConfusedUs* posted.

*Poster name not guaranteed, too many names that start with C.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

I'm going to be testing the hell out of combinations of

Vader (VI/Engine/ATC)
TIE/D Vessery (Ion)
Inquisitor (PTL/Title/Autothrusters)
TIE Bomber (Kylo crew)
Deathfire (Connor/Unguided)
Deathrain (Bomblet/Unguided)
Quickdraw (VI or Expertise/LWF/FCS/some tech slot/maybe a missile)

Example:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...20Squadron&obs=

or

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...FQuickdraw&obs=

PS 11 Vader really trumps other aces, kylo shuts down low agility turrets, ion fucks up Nym/Miranda hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I don't know but I'm going to run that Vader/Inqy/Deathrain list that ConfusedUs* posted.

*Poster name not guaranteed, too many names that start with C.

It's so much fun, but I'm not sure it's tournament worthy.

• Locked thread