Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

XavierGenisi posted:

I ordered my copy from Amazon a few months ago, and I'm so excited. When do they usually start shipping out pre-orders? I tend to hear stories where they ship pre-orders out on release day instead of before.

FWIW I have never missed release day shipping on an Amazon physical pre order in the 30+ times I've used it in NYC. Sometimes it doesn't arrive until 7PM or so, but it always makes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I originally pre-ordered from Amazon, but canceled it and decided to just go to the 24-hour Walmart very early Friday morning. Already gonna be out and about anyway, might as well grab Mario and have it for my work commute instead of waiting until I get home.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Oh no! Spoilers in a Mario game? I can't deal with that.

Seriously? It's a Mario game? There is minimal plot to be spoilered. People have taken the don't spoil things way too far if they are worried about getting spoilered for SMO. What's next? Freaking out over spoilers in Tic Tac Tetris?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Waltzing Along posted:

Seriously? It's a Mario game? There is minimal plot to be spoilered. People have taken the don't spoil things way too far if they are worried about getting spoilered for SMO. What's next? Freaking out over spoilers in Tic Tac Tetris?

Some people want to be surprised about gameplay stuff and whatever cool easter eggs the game has.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

its okay to want to go into a game knowing little about it

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Yeah there's not really much plot or anything to get spoiled, but it's kind of a bummer to not be able to experience something like 3D World's final boss or whatever entirely fresh, because some jerk got way too excited about it and decided to slam it in everyone's faces days before the game even got released.

It's not something that's going to ruin the game for someone, sure, but come on dude. All people are asking for is that they get to enjoy the game on their own terms and that other people don't act like jerks about it, blurting out everything everywhere because "lol its just a mario game there's nothing to spoil, you weirdos getting freaked out over nothing"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

Not wanting spoilers is not Freaking Out.

Being upset that jerks spoil things they know you don't want spoiled isn't Freaking Out.

You not caring doesn't mean that someone else caring is dumb.

Not wanting to have something spoiled for you isn't "worrying" it's just a preference.

Sounds like you have some growing up to do.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Is it time for everyone to star flipping out about delivery yet?

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

ive been a mario game player all my life and i think this is the first one i have been excited about prior to release

I think I was excited for 3D World but that was cause the Wii U was getting like one major release per year

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Norns posted:

yes, i cant even get onto shopto to check my if my pre-order is getting processed or not every 5 seconds. isnt this twenty seventeen?

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
This is the time where I get impotently annoyed that release dates are even a thing for digital distribution so sure it’s a perfect time to handwring about delivery dates also.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Norns posted:

Amazon says it ships tomorrow!

Hope it gets to my place before I get off work. That way I can play it for two hours before my girlfriend comes home and we start our Stranger Things 2 marathon.

Most of the time they get it to me around 2 or 3pm but every so often it will show up at 6pm.

Don't do that to me!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm buying physical! From a store! I prepaid! I'll pick it up after work, probably!

everything is cool. no complain

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The Bloop posted:

I'm buying physical! From a store! I prepaid! I'll pick it up after work, probably!

I'll just gunna go grab it on Friday with whatever the gently caress this coin is that comes with it.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waltzing Along posted:

:rolleyes:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm glad story is the only thing that can be spoiled in a video game.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

If you're worried about spoilers maybe get out of the official loving thread? Seems pretty easy to avoid spoilers to me if you're really worried about it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This really should be the best place to avoid spoilers, pre-release. It's common courtesy and also standard practice if not forum policy to use spoiler tags until then.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

If you think marios nipples or how he jumps is a spoiler you should probably not be in a thread about it

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Norns posted:

If you think marios nipples or how he jumps is a spoiler you should probably not be in a thread about it

But if you think Peach making out with Wendy O Koopa is?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rudoku posted:

But if you think Peach making out with Wendy O Koopa is?

A little strange cuz one is a reptile but I don't judge

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

imagine caring about plot in a video game. Mario spoilers are way worse. Way worse.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It shouldn’t really be a big deal anyway since people have been doing a good job tagging spoilers in this thread.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man I wish Nintendo did preloading.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

Man I wish Nintendo did preloading.

quote:

Improvements Included in Version 4.0.0 (Distributed 10/18/2017)
Added the following system functionality

A pre-purchase option will be available for certain games. This option allows pre-load of the game to your system for quicker play when the game is released.
This feature will be supported by future game releases

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Yeah but can you pre-load Mario yet?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

UWBW posted:

Yeah but can you pre-load Mario yet?

It's already preloaded on the cart I'm buying

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What day/time do the reviews for this thing come out anyways. Tomorrow sometime?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

What day/time do the reviews for this thing come out anyways. Tomorrow sometime?

We already know it's not as good as Nintendogs so who cares

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

The Bloop posted:

me too life is good

2 blessed 2 stress

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
This game basically cost me nothing after the free $10 gift card:

I'm looking forward to playing a game on release day for once.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Played the demo at Walmart the past 2 days. So hyped!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Apparently preload is available for JP/US.

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Cheap Mexican Labor since the late 80's
Pre-load is indeed available. Now I have the unplayable icon on my Switch teasing me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Up for EU now too! Currently downloading. Don’t know what to do with myself for 39 hours

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Hell yeah my order is processing and somehow also got 10 quid knocked off the price, it was 40 but they've only charged me 30... cool! Should get here tomorrow!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
does mariowns?

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Norns posted:

If you're worried about spoilers maybe get out of the official loving thread? Seems pretty easy to avoid spoilers to me if you're really worried about it

I just want to know if the Switch is powerful enough to process all of Mario's fantastic Italian chest hairs? This is kind of a deal breaker for me tbh.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I just don’t want to know about the worlds other than the 4 I saw from E3/direct.

I’m sure just like Zelda there will be a ton of little things. I want to see them for myself.

Let’s be real, people will discuss this stuff, that’s fine. But the game isn’t out yet. Let’s all discuss that stuff with spoilers until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you are mad that people don't want to have spoilers about what stuff is in the game honestly please just gently caress off with your hot takes.

its established by now that some people like to not know a whole lot about the game. so if you have to talk about leaked stuff, does it really hurt you to talk about it in spoilered posts for 2 more days

the answer is no

• Locked thread