Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

If this chapter ends with Patrick apologising to Clevin I will poo poo a goddamn brick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I don't know how I feel about girlPatrick possibly being the bad one. I think his feminine side being crazy has certain Implications this comic is supposed to be avoiding.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't know how I feel about girlPatrick possibly being the bad one. I think his feminine side being crazy has certain Implications this comic is supposed to be avoiding.

It's going to have terrible implications regardless of which way they go.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
What if this isn't Patrick at all but the fraternal twin he ate in utero?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

girlPatrick is the good/sane one. Allison hit Patrick in the head with a coffee mug and that turned them from male (bad) to non-binary (good).

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Typical Pubbie posted:

girlPatrick is the good/sane one. Allison hit Patrick in the head with a coffee mug and that turned them from male (bad) to non-binary (good).

Then later in the series like 10 years from now, Patrick undergoes surgery to remove any vestiges of being a male and is surgically made into clevin.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Honestly, if that is the case it would be terrible, if only because the writer made the other guy literally genocidal (i guess, unless there is a scene where it is "MIND PEOPLE ARE REAL PEOPLE" i think that is bullshit). There isn't a lot of subtle undertone in this comic, and they have literally followed the beat by beat most predictable path for the way this comic works. So I am pretty safe with the fact that nothing interesting will happen.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 25, 2017

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Serene Dragon posted:

If this chapter ends with Patrick apologising to Clevin I will poo poo a goddamn brick.

Patrick is not making it out of this chapter as the same person, TransPatrick is going to wind up in charge and if there's any apology it'll be like "sorry that other Patrick who is destroyed now made you feel bad but that wasn't me"

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Just goes to show that you can always punch your problems away, even when that means punching manifestations of someone's mind until their personality changes for the better.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's like Tron, but about being trans. It's Trons.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Axe-man posted:

Then later in the series like 10 years from now, Patrick undergoes surgery to remove any vestiges of being a male and is surgically made into clevin.

Honestly, if that is the case it would be terrible, if only because the writer made the other guy literally genocidal (i guess, unless there is a scene where it is "MIND PEOPLE ARE REAL PEOPLE" i think that is bullshit). There isn't a lot of subtle undertone in this comic, and they have literally followed the beat by beat most predictable path for the way this comic works. So I am pretty safe with the fact that nothing interesting will happen.

I doubt this comic has the guts to go full Oren Otter.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Allison made Patrick genderqueer via violent head trauma.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i'm hoping she kills the menace part of his brain and he dies irl. that is actually the only way this could carry on the theme that the comic used to have, which is that you can't punch your way out of a problem, especially when the problem is someone else's brain

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Oh right yes, punching doesn't work. She just has to bend menace over a table and call him sweetheart.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the offerings of clevin

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

This is better than anything I could have ever imagined :allears:

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
hahahaha holy gently caress

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
not an edit:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What? No Sentinel Clevin?
This is bullshit, and I intend to rectify this.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I want to die

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
october is always such a magical month

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Good googly moogly!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Well now I REALLY expect Astral Clevin in his glistening pink armor to come hook up with Astral GigantoAllison :pervert:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I refuse to accept this reality

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i don't even care where this goes after this, i'm just so glad to have had this moment

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
This basically kind of invalidates so many things about Patrick, he might as well be a new Clevin. It is the best Clevin result.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ah yes sentinel, a highly specialized and complex word with no clear definition that might as well be goobledeegook

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
This genuinely made me laugh. Well done, Molly and Mulligan. Mollygan.

Paladinus posted:

What? No Sentinel Clevin?
This is bullshit, and I intend to rectify this.

MissEchelon posted:

yeah alright

Calaveron posted:

Ah yes sentinel, a highly specialized and complex word with no clear definition that might as well be goobledeegook

The definition of sentinel doesn't actually fit Patrick's "Sentinel" anyway.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
A new challenger approaches for most stilted dialogue bubble in the comic.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
This is so stupid.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Elysiume posted:

This is so stupid.

No you don't understand, see Patrick has Allison in his head as the defender. See it is genius cause it means that the writer is so stupid that we would find this interesting!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

What gets me is "protective and safe" from the description. It makes no sense. Allison has hurt him, threatened him, been sometimes warm and sometimes vicious. She physically attacked him the last time they met! Allison is his nemesis. So yeah, that's what his copy of her should be: brute force and cryptofascist might-makes-right. It makes sense that his internal enforcer is patterned off of her.
She should be having to face how much she has used him and brutalized him in their incredibly dysfunctional codependent fuckery. He manipulated her too, clearly, but acting like she's not just as much a coercive, angry ball of bad emotions for him is so much Mulligan's gross need to make her both morally conflicted and unambiguously 'heroic.'
That could even be a halfway competent frame to justify Clevin - to make an actual argument for bourgeois mediocrity on the grounds that bold dysfunction just hurts everyone involved. Argue for the heroism of small actions and maybe SFP can be coherent enough to be worth disagreeing with again. Clevin of course undermines this argument by being so much worse to the reader than Menace, but then, Mulligannis now Dostoevsky.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Joe Slowboat posted:

What gets me is "protective and safe" from the description. It makes no sense.

It's shorthand for "Patrick wants to gently caress Allison".

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Really, I don't know how you can miss that :shrug:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's shorthand for "Patrick wants to gently caress Allison".

But we know, in as many words, that he doesn't! It's inconsistent and bad!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Joe Slowboat posted:

But we know, in as many words, that he doesn't! It's inconsistent and bad!

Okay, Patrick wants to want to gently caress Allison.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

ahahahaa :five:

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

pospysyl posted:

If fact, even though Clevin is very boring, he's the most interesting thing about this comic. Any page without either him or somebody talking about him is unreadable.

I was wrong.

edit: Somewhere in the world is a very happy fetishist.

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 28, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

LMAO the comments page was closed 'by accident'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Axe-man posted:

There isn't a lot of subtle undertone in this comic, and they have literally followed the beat by beat most predictable path for the way this comic works. So I am pretty safe with the fact that nothing interesting will happen.
Say it again louder for the people in the back.

• Locked thread